Las Vegas League 5

Greg Ambrosius

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:27 am

The Las Vegas main event will be held at the Flamingo on Saturday, March 15th starting at 10 a.m. PST with 10 full leagues (150 teams). Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for Las Vegas League 5:

LEAGUE 5

1. Mike Delgado, Canyon County, California

2. Jason Florea, Galena, Ohio

3. Mike Cameron, Encinitas, California

4. Clark Olson, Seattle, Washington

5. Ryan Welch, Galesburg, Illinois

6. Ron Ludwin, Las Vegas, Nevada

7. Billy McAleer, Palo Alto, California

8. Brian Lee, Chandler, Arizona

9. Richard Van Fleet, La Jolla, California

10. Jesse Herron, Alpharetta, Georgia

11. Marvin Longabaugh, Henderson, Nevada

12. Richard Bales, Lincoln, Nebraska

13. Stephen Fiore, Scottsdale, Arizona

14. Ryan Houston, O'Fallon, Missouri

15. Duke Viveros, Highland, California
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ballfour

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Ballfour » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 am

A quick scan reveled that we have some good players in this league. Especially guys that did good last year. Although after my 273 rd finish almost anything looks good to me . Any first timers?

Mankind

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Mankind » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Nice to see some familiar faces in this league, Hell Bent for Leather nice battle last year, Jesse see you again in the Ultimate on Sunday. Good luck everyone..did everyone get good results with their KDS, we chose #15 for our 1st preference though I doubt anyone else liked that slot...Riverside Sheriff So Cal Smac...

Team Herron

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Team Herron » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Youve got #15 on both Saturday and sunday. #10 was our 4th KDS Choice, so we will see how it works out. #6 was our preference....at least we got it on Sunday.

cfolson

Las Vegas League 5

Post by cfolson » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Mankind: good to see you again. I'll be happy if I can finish above you again.

Jesse: It looks like we are the only former winners in the league. I know we are less than 50/50 to keep it to ourselves this year, but let's have me win anyway...

Go Getta

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Go Getta » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:09 am

Looking forward to meeting everyone. We had #5 as our first KDS preference.

Mankind

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Mankind » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:54 am

Ballfour,

Not buying the WOLF in sheeps clothing routine, you left out you finished 13th and 26th overall on your other years...

Ballfour

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Ballfour » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Man you can't get away with anything in these leagues. After last year those seem like a loooong time ago. Picking out of the 12 hole.....Fielder...Pujois...Santana ?....Not good. :confused:

Mankind

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Mankind » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:13 am

Ballfour,

Leave Prince alone, I already inked him to a 1yr deal at the 15th slot....

Ballfour

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Ballfour » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Hey Mankind. I checked with the big boy's agent and that contract isn't binding so unless Arod falls down to 12th....?

Pollcat Marv

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Pollcat Marv » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm drafting #11 after finishing miserably in the Vegas Ultimate Auction last year. I'm going in better prepared and looking forward to Saturday.
Inquiring minds want to know me...

Mankind

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Mankind » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Great Draft everyone, opinions-thoughts, loved your draft, hate it, players taken right before your pick. We went with Brandon phillips-B.J Upton combo at 15-16 followed by Carlos Guillen and Big Game Tori Hunter. we liked the flexability with Upton and Guillen with the intention of not taking a pitcher until 7-8 hoping for two strong #1's. We went Rich Hill, John Maine Ted Lilly next three hopefully getting 580 + K's from this trio. Second plan was not to take closer until 13-14 and felt happy enough with Brandon Lyon and Percival. Pleasant surprise with Hermida falling to us at 11-15 and Pedro Feliz at 20-1. Nice meeting some of you at the draft, good luck. Riverside Sheriff So Cal Smac

Pollcat Marv

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Pollcat Marv » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:19 pm

I agree that Hermida and Feliz were great value picks - Hermida would have been gone at 12-5 to me if you hadn't grabbed him.

I was pretty happy with Beckett at 5-11. I'm pretty happy with my team, but we'll have to see how the injuries play out.
Inquiring minds want to know me...

cfolson

Las Vegas League 5

Post by cfolson » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm happy with my team, although the guys I took didn't go much (if any) later than their ADP. I thought the balance was pretty good. David Roberts was my biggest reach, but my simulated standings showed me improving by a lot in SB with him.

Team Herron

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Team Herron » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:42 am

Enjoyed meeting you guys on saturday. looks to be a good compeitive league. Hopefully, we can maintain the banter throughout the season. see you on the leaderbaord.

Jesse (Pick 10)

Dickie V

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Dickie V » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:12 am

I too had fun Saturday as I drafted from the 9 hole. Guess that makes me client # 9. I was fortunate to meet several players in LV5 and I agree with Jesse this league should be very competitive.

I was able to get some of the players I really wanted Braun, Kazmir ( come on Scotty you told me you were healthy), C. Young, A Gordon and B Butler.

On the other hand though several guys I really wanted I was unable to get. I was sniped twice by the "father-son" more like the "husband-wife" team in the 8th spot . Third round Tulo and 7th rd. J Hamilton. Seriously though I think you two had a great draft and we will see if the Santana/Peavy picks work out.

And I wasn't to pleased with Man-"UN"-Kind getting both B.J and B Phillps---grrr. I missed out on M Kemp as well. Who ever got him I am going to have the boys from Team Herron ( Baseball Mafia) break both your legs.

Overall I had a good time maybe a little to slow for my liking but I got through it. It was great meeting you guys and I wish you all the best of luck. Dickie V

Ballfour

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Ballfour » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:29 am

Like my team...hate my team.....like my team.... hate my team.....I'll be doing this until sometime after the All Star break. I thought it was a hard draft. Got swooped on both sides of me 6 or 7 times. :mad: Nice to meet the guys I did and good luck to all.

cfolson

Las Vegas League 5

Post by cfolson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 am

Originally posted by Dickie V:

I missed out on M Kemp as well. Who ever got him I am going to have the boys from Team Herron ( Baseball Mafia) break both your legs.

Overall I had a good time maybe a little to slow for my liking but I got through it. It was great meeting you guys and I wish you all the best of luck. Dickie V Kemp went round 6, pick 12 to Hell Bent For Leather. I'll watch my back.

I noticed that he went significantly earlier in the Super Draft that I facilitated on Sunday.

[ March 18, 2008, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Clark Olson ]

Dickie V

Las Vegas League 5

Post by Dickie V » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks Clark. And weren't you the guy who drafted C Hart either in the 2nd rd or early 3rd? Another guy I thought would drop to me at 3- 9. You must have a pretty decent OF. Dickie V

cfolson

Las Vegas League 5

Post by cfolson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:35 am

Originally posted by Dickie V:

Thanks Clark. And weren't you the guy who drafted C Hart either in the 2nd rd or early 3rd? Another guy I thought would drop to me at 3- 9. You must have a pretty decent OF. Dickie V Yes, I took Hart at 3.4, which I thought was a bit a early, but I saw him going in the second round in some drafts...

B&B

Las Vegas League 5

Post by B&B » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Richard, thanks for thinking kindly of our team. We didn't want two pitchers that early, but couldn't pass on Santana with the Mets in the 1-8 and in the second round we had Peavy best available player so we pulled the trigger on him hoping to start a run on pitchers. Looks like no other teams in Vegas made this kind of decision. It takes balls to win a league so at least we are willing to try something outside the box. This was our first big draft so hopefully we can compete in this high level league. Congrats to the Papelbon owner, we were ready to pull the trigger on him and you got us. Settled for K-Rod 3 picks later??? Good luck to all this season! B&B
B&B