New York League 4

Greg Ambrosius

New York League 4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:48 am

The New York main event will be held at the New York Sheraton Hotel & Towers on Saturday, March 15th starting at 1 p.m. EST (noon CST) with nine full leagues (135 teams). Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for New York League 4:

LEAGUE 4

1. Sean Greene, Forest Hills, New York

2. Erick Kontogiannis, Roslyn Heights, New York

3. Michael Caputo, Brooklyn, New York

4. R.T. Davis and Chris Throop, New York City

5. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey

6. Christopher Vaccaro, Staten Island, New York

7. Stephen Broege, Mount Vernon, New York

8. Kevin Grady, Flemington, New Jersey

9. Carl Borgatti, Forest Hills, New York

10. Harlan Wittenstein, Oceanside, New York

11. Keith Minison, Livingston, New Jersey

12. John Hogan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

13. Joe Anthony, Cary, North Carolina

14. Scott Newman, Princeton, New Jersey

15. Leif Lasagne, Bronx, New York
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

baggler

New York League 4

Post by baggler » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:54 am

Hey Jupinka..Eddy Betancourt here.... pm me with your e-mail or phone number...I got your trophy from the Diehard ready to go. I just got to meet up with you I remember what you look like. You just gotta find me.I'm in NY 1.

Sorry for stealing this thread.Good luck to everyone !!!
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"- "Fortune favors the brave"

Quahogs

New York League 4

Post by Quahogs » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:17 am

Originally posted by Baggler:

Hey Jupinka..Eddy Betancourt here.... pm me with your e-mail or phone number...I got your trophy from the Diehard ready to go. I just got to meet up with you I remember what you look like. You just gotta find me.I'm in NY 1.

Sorry for stealing this thread.Good luck to everyone !!! Eggsellent ! Thanks Eddy will do...

Spyhunter

New York League 4

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:43 pm

So quahogs in this league, any other 'players'? I am curious who else is in this?

Spy aka Chris

Spyhunter

New York League 4

Post by Spyhunter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:05 am

So I checked out the list of players vs. the all time list. Man, we drew the short staw on leagues Lots of good vets in this league, and RT and I are picking here:

3. Michael Caputo, Brooklyn, New York

4. R.T. Davis and Chris Throop, New York City

5. Stephen Jupinka, Waldwick, New Jersey

Nothing like sitting between two sharks, and one of them being Stephen (ranked #5th overall life time!!

kgrady

New York League 4

Post by kgrady » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Fun draft in NY4; so much fun in fact that we took an hour longer than everyone else!

Enjoyed chatting afterwards with Spy, Roy, and the guys from team 1. (I'm terrible with names for some reason, even though baseball player names don't seem to escape me! )

We found every flaw imaginable in the other 12 teams, but oddly enough we saw none in our own teams! :D

Looking forward to the season.

Kevin (Team # 8)
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

kgrady

New York League 4

Post by kgrady » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:16 am

So how many times did you lose out on a player that you were specifically targetting because someone snarfed him up just a few picks before you would have taken him? This happened to me quite a bit, and I would say that it impacted my approach on at least two subsequent picks. I reached for Carlos Marmol in round 10 because closers were disappearing so rapidly that I feared he wouldn't last until my 11th round selection. I also reached for Luke Scott in round 17.

Players I lost out on that I was really hoping to get include Nick Markakis (R3), Rich Hill (R8),Aaron Hill (R12), Joe Blanton (R14), Jon Garland (R18), and Dioner Navarro (R23).

Kevin
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

Lost Sailor

New York League 4

Post by Lost Sailor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 am

Hey Chris..

Wanted to swing by, but got a little caught up and our leagues weren't on break at the same time. Hope all worked out well for you guys.

-Brett
Been way too long at sea....

Spyhunter

New York League 4

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:09 am

Originally posted by Lost Sailor:

Hey Chris..

Wanted to swing by, but got a little caught up and our leagues weren't on break at the same time. Hope all worked out well for you guys.

-Brett hey, yeah things were very slow in #4 land!!!

I think it went well overall, the core is strong, we just have 1-2 positions (5th outfieldes/CI/UTIL) and a bunch of players (Rasmus, gathright, crisp, pena) to figure out... how did your draft go?

STG

New York League 4

Post by STG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Fellas..........

Sean from Team 1 here - just signed up for the message boards. I was the shorter of the two Team 1 guys. Scott is the other and he'll be signing up for the boards soon as well.

Anyway, good times at the draft - Chris, Roy, Kevin - nice chatting with you guys after the draft.

Here's to a fun and competitive season....and hopefully an active message board.

Gonna run now, need to go prey for Kazmir's left elbow.

STG