Orlando League 1

Greg Ambrosius

Orlando League 1

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:13 am

The Orlando main event will be held at the Holiday Inn Orlando International Drive Resort on Saturday, March 15th starting at 1 p.m. EST (noon CST) with three full leagues (41 teams in Orlando, 4 in Las Vegas). Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for Orlando League 1:

LEAGUE 1

1. Chris Garcia, Wesley Chapel, Florida

2. Mike Duggan, St. Simons Island, Georgia

3. Martin Bedell, Poughkeepsie, New York

4. John Noeske, Oldsmar, Florida

5. Ira Kerker, Boca Raton, Florida

6. Brian Roberts, Gainesville, Florida

7. Wayne Edwards, Duluth, Georgia

8. Patrick Welsh, New Port Richey, Florida

9. Homer Charbonneau, Schenectady, New York

10. Sammy Zahler, Thornhill, Ontario, Canada

11. Norm Kent, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

12. Dave Clum, Pembroke Pines, Florida

13. Josh Schwartz, Orlando, Florida

14. Rey Diaz, Miami, Florida

15. Jeff Kratz, Ft. Worth, Texas
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Orlando League 1

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 am

Wayne and Patrick side by side!
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Rey

Orlando League 1

Post by Rey » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:16 am

Norm/Wayne: Looks like we're all back together again. I can't get rid of you guys can I????

Looking forward to another great season gents!

Chest Rockwell

Orlando League 1

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:20 am

For all you Orlando bashers look at that league. It is brutally tough. Ira, Clum, Wayne, Martin, and Rey wow...

GOD Loves You

Orlando League 1

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 am

Wow. I'm sure my leaguemates are HAPPY to see me...and they get to have me right in the middle.

C.C. here I come...or maybe Albert ;) .

Edwards Kings

Orlando League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:54 am

Rey,

I only hope I can have a better showing against you THIS time...actually that goes for Norm, Dave and all.

Patrick,

Go easy on me, brother, I am getting old you know!

:D

Gonna be a blast!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Orlando League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:56 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

For all you Orlando bashers look at that league. It is brutally tough. Ira, Clum, Wayne, Martin, and Rey wow... Ain't gonna be the same without you Chesty...we will try to muddle through, but if you are real nice we might let you come back to the fold next year (if you bring your wife and daughter that is)! :D

Good luck in Vegas!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Orlando League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:29 am

Yo, Mike! Primo #2 spot...want to give advance insight into your thoughts (assuming of course Chris takes Arod)? ;)
Charles Krauthammer

MGBMARTY

Orlando League 1

Post by MGBMARTY » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:05 am

Hey Guys

Newbie to Florida. Got sick of NY for the last 4 years. We had a snow storm on the day of the draft last year. Believe me did not think of Orlando as an easier venue just need some sun shine,beach,and coronas. Looks to be a really competitive league already. Dave we were in the Sat league the other night 3/6 thought that was a tough draft. Look foward to meeting all and wishing all good luck Kind ok like the idea of 3 leagues, more mellow. NY was fun but hectic. Cocoa Beach Tuesday to Friday than Holiday Inn Orlando Friday to Sunday Might go to Margarittaville at City walk Friday night.

Marty

DiamondKing

Orlando League 1

Post by DiamondKing » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 am

Hey guys,

Looks like I got a tough draw getting in this league this year.Quite a few of you I know and respect.I am looking forward to the challenge.I might have to bring an extra large box of crayons.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

DiamondKing

Orlando League 1

Post by DiamondKing » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:34 am

Does anyone know why Orlando went from 44 to 41 owners,and what happened with the one owner for the auction?

DiamondKing

Orlando League 1

Post by DiamondKing » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:37 am

Josh,

Is Zac with you?If so that makes three years in a row I have drafted next to the same person.

Edwards Kings

Orlando League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:55 am

Originally posted by Rey:

Norm/Wayne: Looks like we're all back together again. I can't get rid of you guys can I????

Looking forward to another great season gents! Not speaking for a nice guy like Norm, but I am like a bad penny, Rey. I keep turning up.

So you are sitting at #14 and Santana is there for you. Do you break a sweat before calling out his name? :D
Charles Krauthammer

Rey

Orlando League 1

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 am

Tough one. Thing with the #14 spot is that you have this slew of options, plus the invitable drop of the unexpected. I honestly don't expect to see Santana there, as his easier league and better team combo will enivitably entice someone before the #14 spot. If he does drop to me, I guess I'd have a decision to make now won't I?

What about you at #7? Seems like a nice spot, as you won't have to reach for your targets. Made up your mind yet on who you want, or you still on the fence?

Edwards Kings

Orlando League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 am

I actually started a topic in another part of the message board just on lucky #7. Two of three picks should be there...Holliday, Cabrera, or Utley (maybe Rollins, but doubtful). Any of the four would be a great start. Actually, any of the first eight that have generally been going would be cool. I may just have to flip a coin! ;)
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Orlando League 1

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:12 am

Gentlemen...great draft. James did an excellent job with the draft and it was great ( :eek: ) losing all my picks to Mike, Marty, Ira (and son), Patrick, Dave, Rey...well, you get the idea.

Chris, If memory serves you got the raw deal on the injury. Sorry about Lackey! :(

Dave, it was great going to dinner with your family and thanks again for inviting me. You are a lucky man for sure.

Good luck all and here is hoping you all finish tied for second!
Charles Krauthammer

moose1squirrel2

Orlando League 1

Post by moose1squirrel2 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:16 pm

looking forward to the year gentlemen--hope preseason ends soon--good luck all

MGBMARTY

Orlando League 1

Post by MGBMARTY » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:38 am

Great meeting a lot of you guys in Orlando. Looks like a really competitive league.Wayne you took Fuki from me Hope all in Georgia is OK weather wise.Luck of the draw I guess Some teams in the other Orlando leagues are stacked Good luck all and remember Ricky Weeks with his 138 BA but 6 sbs in spring MVP this year or on the bench.Good luck all Let the games begin

Marty

Rey

Orlando League 1

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:41 am

I echo Waynes sentiments to all. The fact that I kept getting sniped tells me we're all in for a looong year. Best of luck to all, and a pleasure meeting every last one of you.

GOD Loves You

Orlando League 1

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:02 am

Was nice to meet a few new faces and see some OLD :D ones. This league should be quite fun and competitive.

I knew Mr. Moose would take Shields from me....and you got Alexei as well :mad: .

Hope all have a great season, except in this league.

BTW, wasn't our female facilitator quite attractive??

Rey

Orlando League 1

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:10 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

BTW, wasn't our female facilitator quite attractive?? Attractive indeed. Had some trouble focusing on my damn picks...if I bomb this season, I'm totally blaming her and her...assets

GOD Loves You

Orlando League 1

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 am

Originally posted by Rey:

quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

BTW, wasn't our female facilitator quite attractive?? Attractive indeed. Had some trouble focusing on my damn picks...if I bomb this season, I'm totally blaming her and her...assets
[/QUOTE]I got the "Sir Mix-Alot" view the whole draft...as well as the "plumbers" view(where's the puking icon?) of the guy sitting beside her.

moose1squirrel2

Orlando League 1

Post by moose1squirrel2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:01 am

if anyone cares she is 22 years old lives with her brother and is single without a boyfriend at this time--she had no idea what we were doing and could not believe the money that was involved--but she was willing to learn