Chicago League 4

Greg Ambrosius

Chicago League 4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:07 am

The Chicago main event will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center on Saturday, March 15th starting at 1 p.m. EST (noon CST) with four full leagues (60 teams). Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for Chicago League 4:

LEAGUE 4

1. Mark Wigent, Wyoming, Michigan

2. Christopher Kleemann, Wauconda, Illinois

3. Michael Makula, Chicago, Illinois

4. Kevin Kirves, Springboro, Ohio

5. Eric Christenson, Minneapolis, Minnesota

6. Chris Beeler, Canal Winchester, Ohio

7. John Pausma, Tinley Park, Illinois

8. Mark Adams, Chicago, Illinois

9. David Bowen, Columbus, Ohio

10. Mark Grooms, Shelbyville, Missouri

11. Karl Mische, Rogers, Minnesota

12. Jason Dallaglio, Lombard, Illinois

13. Tim Short, Blacklick, Ohio

14. Richard Kulaski, Nashville, Tennessee

15. Jeff Turkow, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Chicago League 4

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:10 am

And the Mayor of Chicago announces...

"Food in every refrigerator...and a Kleemann in every league!"

Tweaked Random? ;)

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

The Mighty Men

Chicago League 4

Post by The Mighty Men » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:31 am

Checking in. I'm partners with John Pausma (Trash Man on MB). We got our first KDS selection - #7.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

headhunters

Chicago League 4

Post by headhunters » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:17 am

"we got our 1st selection" a braggart and a luck box all rolled into one. a rod will not be there

The Mighty Men

Chicago League 4

Post by The Mighty Men » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:30 am

Originally posted by headhunters:

"we got our 1st selection" a braggart and a luck box all rolled into one. a rod will not be there That's bragging???? Lucky, perhaps.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

The Mighty Men

Chicago League 4

Post by The Mighty Men » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:52 am

Nice draft, fellas. A pretty mellow group.

rkulaski

Chicago League 4

Post by rkulaski » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:27 am

Mighty Men,

How did the rest of the draft go for you and your partner after the first 10 rds? We made a couple of mistakes but nothing major (at least I don't think so). I don't think any one particular team stood out from the pack but I'd have to look at the draft board again.

-Hitless (picked from the 14 spot)
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

The Mighty Men

Chicago League 4

Post by The Mighty Men » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Originally posted by Hitless:

Mighty Men,

How did the rest of the draft go for you and your partner after the first 10 rds? We made a couple of mistakes but nothing major (at least I don't think so). I don't think any one particular team stood out from the pack but I'd have to look at the draft board again.

-Hitless (picked from the 14 spot) All in all, we are happy with our team. Once Upton made it to us, we were very pleased. Also, we had no OF until the last 15 picks, so we felt content with who we still picked up as OF after that.

The strange thing is, because we picked Kent at 15 after our infiled was full, we may have to switch Upton out to OF.

How about you?

rkulaski

Chicago League 4

Post by rkulaski » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:33 pm

Wow, no OF until rd 15? I'll have to take a look at your team once my co manager sends me a pic of our draft board...As for us, just the opposite happened. We had 4 OFs by the end of round 7. We didn't plan for this to happen and I'm still not sure if J Dye was the best pick for us at the end of the 7th round but we also didn't want to reach for a couple of players to fill our IF at that time.

Overall, I would've liked to have walked away with a better 2nd catcher and MI but otherwise we like our team. How many satellites are you in? Counting the March 24th satellite, I'll be in 2 of them (so 3 NFBC teams total).
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN