NFBC Ultimate Auction League

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:00 am

Here's the nomination order for the NFBC Ultimate Auction League, which will be held on Sunday, March 16th at 10 a.m. at the Flamingo Las Vegas. Good luck all:

1. Jim Ferrari, San Diego, California

2. Gregory Morgan, Westerville, Ohio

3. Kelly Uganski, Las Vegas Nevada

4. Terry Haney, Johnston, Iowa

5. Jason Santucci, San Mateo, California

6. Lindy Hinkelman, Greencreek, Idaho

7. Ron Kraus, Medfield, Massachusetts

8. Ken Norred, Ashland, Alabama

9. Andrew Robinson, Columbus, Georgia

10. Richard Gordon, Brooklyn, New York

11. Marvin Longabaugh, Henderson, Nevada

12. Will Tyrer, Beverly Hills, California

13. David Longood, Salem, Oregon

14. Steve Asch, New York City

15. Kevin Dukesherer, San Diego, California
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Loops

Post by Loops » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:00 am

Hey Everyone-

I wanted to say that we had a blast at the draft and look forward to competing in this league with all of you.

Actually we didn't really have a blast at the draft mainly we sat there stressing with clammy hands, furrowed brows and hoped for some luck(in the form of strikeouts). Occasionally I went to the tried and true tactic of disrupting other teams' drafts by kicking their laptop cords (sorry again people) lol :D

Seriously we did have a great time. It was great to be there and we look forward to the tremendous challenge that this league presents. Good luck to all and a big thank you to Brady for running such a tight draft.

Best,

LA

Pollcat Marv

Post by Pollcat Marv » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:09 am

I had a great time too conducting my bold experiment with respect to contrarian bidding in an auction. In other words, I bought discount pitching while the hitters were being scarfed up. It remains to be seen how it will work out.

It seems like a great group of guys and I hope this season is exciting.

BTW, according to my projection software it looks like David Longood bought another serious contender.
Inquiring minds want to know me...

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:22 am

Originally posted by Pollcat Marv:

I had a great time too conducting my bold experiment with respect to contrarian bidding in an auction. In other words, I bought discount pitching while the hitters were being scarfed up. It remains to be seen how it will work out.

It seems like a great group of guys and I hope this season is exciting.

BTW, according to my projection software it looks like David Longood bought another serious contender. I think it could've worked out since it yielded some values on both sides of the ledger, but looks like you kept your foot on the pitcher accelerator a little too long. Not sure I've seen that heavy a split on the pitching side work.

Pollcat Marv

Post by Pollcat Marv » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:57 pm

KJD,

I agree on the "one pitcher too far" viewpoint. I loved Matt Cain, but should have passed after the other pitchers came my way. I never anticipated getting Lackey early for $12 (or Lackey at all, for that matter).

The other thing that was weird was getting Posada and Johjima as cheap as I did. I'm hoping that extra production from Catcher will help offset the absence of a stud hitter or two. My view was that to win with this strategy, I couldn't afford any .240 hitters to kill my best offensive category, BAvg.

My "bestest" hope is to get 65+ in pitching, 12 points or so in BAvg, and 20-25 in the other 4 offensive categories.
Inquiring minds want to know me...