From One Company to Another

DOUGHBOYS

From One Company to Another

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:30 am

Many, many new folks to the NFBC have asked questions through the years.
Most of the questions are based on the live events, faab, and other players. I've tried to help them as much as possible.
And if you're new and reading this, you can always ask a question here or personal message me and your question will be answered through a players eye.

Now that we are going through another change from STATS to SportsHub, some are asking if this has happened before and if things will really be better.
The NFBC has gone through a few ownership changes over the years. Each were necessary to keep the NFBC alive.
Our trust in Greg is the main reason that we put up with/look forward to these changes.
Not that Greg is a Saint, mind you :D

If Greg were a Manager in baseball,he would most definitely be a players Manager.
He is one of us. He listens. He has common sense. He has an open mind.
We are all lucky that he is at the helm.
If Greg has a fault (besides giving me this sub-forum :D ), it is his over-optimism when it comes to new companies.
Each company is going to be better than the last.
There is nothing wrong with that.
It has been true and it has not been true in the past.

To those that I have had conversations and exchanged emails with, I have told them to temper enthusiasm.
Wait and see.
A lot of things don't go as planned. They never have in these company exchanges.
Realistically, they mean a lot of patience and waiting on our part.
Will things be better in the end with SportsHub?
The answer to that is a firm 'I don't know'.
It seems like it should.
Just as most thought about STATS.
We can only hope for the best.

For those that weren't here during the FanDuel days, those were probably the NFBC's worst years, but they were a must to keep the NFBC afloat.
This change is nothing like that.
It seems to be more of a marriage between two entities that have been in love for years.
In the short run, going to a new company is a large pain in the ass with our patience taxed.
In the long run, I really do believe that things may be better.
After all, this is one of the slowest sites ever. If even that is fixed, it would be a good thing.
Long story short... be patient, temper expectations, and hope that this time, Greg has joined in entity that will truly justify all his expectations.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!