The Cabrera Brand Name

DOUGHBOYS

The Cabrera Brand Name

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 am

I haven't drafted Miguel Cabrera since he hurt his 'core' a few years ago. That injury signaled a change in Cabrera. He went from reliable .300/30/100 to an unreliable ?/?/?.
Cabrera hit career lows this year. .249/16/60.
This result should finally have Cabrera falling in drafters estimations.
Cabrera was 17th overall in ADP last year.
Most drafters thinking of the name more than Cabrera's game. But, that is both, one of the failure's of ADP and one of the pitfalls of ADP.

Cabrera has been one of the best hitters in baseball over a long period of time. Some say, THE best hitter in baseball.
But, that core injury started a chain reaction of leg and back injuries that have stifled Cabrera since.
Last year, he shook off and/or played through injury to put up a Cabrera-like season.
It gave drafters a warm fuzzy feeling. Hence, an ADP of 17.

Cabrera has landmarks ahead of him. Adrian Beltre and Cabrera are tied with 462 home runs.
Cabrera is one of the youngest to have hit 462 home runs. Cabrera is 34, Beltre, 38.
Cabrera also has over 2600 hits.

As drafters for next year, what do we do with Cabrera?
Last year, he put aside injury enough to make drafters think that he was 'the Cabrera of old' instead of an old Cabrera.
This year, after his most dismal year, drafters will not think as highly.
This will be the first year since 2005 drafts that Cabrera falls out of the first two rounds of drafting.
It'll be interesting to see where he is drafted in the PreMature Draft.
We have no ADP for this draft.....
However, recency bias sometimes runs amok. :D
I believe that the Miguel Cabrera name will still have him drafted highly.
If guessing, I would say within a round of Buster Posey in the 4 or 5th round.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!