Junk

DOUGHBOYS

Junk

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Chris Carpenter of Boston has a Yahoo still picture that makes him look like an ax murderer.

The Rays pitchers broke a Major League strike out record, passing the 2001 Yankees.
What is not being shouted about is that their hitters are less than 100 k's from setting the team strike out record as well.
The Rays hitters already hold the league record thanks to their 2007 team.

For you guys that joined the NFBC in 2005, it feels like being a perma junior in high school, right?
No pomp, no circumstance.

Manager of the Year in the A.L., Buck Showalter. Period.
I know Ventura and Melvin have done well, but Baltimore was an after thought before the season in the toughest division.

Boston and New York broadcasters are either secure in their teams or their jobs. They can tell the tale of a game even if criticizing their own players.
Try 'watching' a Nationals game blindfolded.
You'd swear that every Nat is wearing a cape.
The inference that the Nats infield should all win a gold glove was surprising.
Surprising in that they stopped at Gold Gloves. I thought they'd go for Knighthood.

I got bored and looked at some College football today. Without fandom or betting on a team, it is a boring game.
Sorry if you don't feel that way.
But the point for me is that I watched Joey Harrington and Eddie George talk about the games. Even more boring.
Would it kill the networks to NOT have a good ol boy who will not defame his brethren on a telecast?
We get that former athletes get polished at speaking before cameras during their playing days.
It doesn't make them any less dull or pointless as a balloon.
You know, we need a guy like us, with no ties to anybody and just calls plays as he sees them.
Not as if they'll be going out to dinner with these same guys after the game.
Trade in some of that spit and shine for some shit and spine.
I miss Howard Cosell.

Thanks Mike Trout for getting all the publicity and becoming the best fantasy choice for next year, while I win a Triple Crown, the first Triple Crown in 45 years.
- Miguel Cabrera

Thanks Rockies.
9 and 10 year old little leaguers have a 75 pitch count maximum too.
The difference being that the 9/10 year old's have higher expectations.

Larger than the July 31 trade deadline, the September 1 practice of the 40 man roster is more game changing.
September is a different game and for teams like Baltimore who use every bit of those extra players, a huge advantage over non-contending teams.
And the press wows in how they win extra inning games.

My guess is that Stephen Drew holds out and receives three to five years from some team.
Some stupid team.

I don't have confidence in the word 'rebuilding'.
To me, it is code for- 'We are going to suck for awhile'....but come to our games anyway, we are rebuilding.

The Red Sox looked at themselves in the mirror and saw how old they are.
If the Yankees don't get a little creative during the off season, their turn to look in that same mirror comes next year.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!