Carson Wentz Goes Carnac

DOUGHBOYS

Carson Wentz Goes Carnac

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:51 am

I know we are a baseball site, but things are slow here...
This is a football blurb about a rookie quarterback......

'Carson Wentz said he knew he "was ready" to start despite sitting out the final three preseason games.
"I’m confident in myself, I’m confident in this team," Wentz said. "I’m excited for it." Wentz said he took "mental reps" while he was sidelined with cracked ribs, and he thinks those allowed him to develop "at a fast pace." '

Ya gotta love rookies.
Only a rookie can get away with such nonsensical hyperbole.
My 'mental reps' are usually accompanied by Ann-Margret in her prime.
Or maybe the situation we've thought about as a kid.
Cue baseball announcer....
"Tension is heavy here! There is two outs, bases loaded in the seventh game of the World Series!"
"(your name here) has a 3-2 count and his team needs a homer to win the game. And here comes the pitch!....."

We KNOW how that ends.
Mentally, we knocked it out of the park every time.
We can't fail. At least in our own minds.
We do enough of that in real life!
Heck, in all the times I've met Ann-Margret, she can't wait to get me alone.
At the same time, if I ever met her in real life, I know that I would have been a slobbering puddle of goo that would amuse her, more than entice her.

Wentz would have had more realism playing 'Madden Football'. or even that old time football game where the playing field vibrated, moving players more to the sidelines than straight ahead.
I know hardly anything of Wentz, but I'll peek in on him this Sunday to see how he's doing.
I'm sure he has a mental plan in how his game is going to go this Sunday.
As its been said many times before, everybody has a good plan until they get hit in the mouth.
Wentz will find out one thing Sunday.
Plans are mental.
Getting hit in the mouth. That's real.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

headhunters

Re: Carson Wentz Goes Carnac

Post by headhunters » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:30 am

dan- i am in 2017 premature. also- wentz is playing cleveland- so that part of his dream came true- oh please let me start against a not real nfl team. also- it really isn't tackle football anymore- so they all have a shot. still remember denver coming into chicago in john elways SECOND year. reeves said "john- take a seat- you aren't ready for this". yes i am coach! i can do it! "no- john you can't- take a seat". 27-0 bears. did play 3 plays though. those were the days.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:55 am

headhunters wrote:dan- i am in 2017 premature. also- wentz is playing cleveland- so that part of his dream came true- oh please let me start against a not real nfl team. also- it really isn't tackle football anymore- so they all have a shot. still remember denver coming into chicago in john elways SECOND year. reeves said "john- take a seat- you aren't ready for this". yes i am coach! i can do it! "no- john you can't- take a seat". 27-0 bears. did play 3 plays though. those were the days.
Ha!
Remember when coaches gave rookies a clipboard and said, "This is what you'll be carrying this year!"
Now, money talks (and plays).

Good deal, Mike. That league has been awesome this year. It should be interesting to see how the last three weeks unfold.
You and Bryan have certainly taken control of the standings.
I'll send out invitations to all this weekend.
Man!
I'll send out invitations to the PreMature League this weekend.
That sounded so good, I had to say it again.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:32 pm

vroom vroom. 3-4 short weeks till the kickoff of nfbc17

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:23 pm

i think this will be the first year that I haven't finished last in Premature. Progress, folks.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson