A quick note from Mock Draft Central

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 am

With mid-March and the NFBC drafts approaching quickly, Mock Draft Central would like to let you, the NFBC participants know that NFBC mocks will be going on each night from here until the big day.

Each weeknight at 9:00 p.m. eastern, there will be a 15 team NFBC mock scheduled. Saturday and Sunday will see two scheduled NFBC mocks, one starting at 4:00 p.m. eastern, the other at 9:00 p.m. eastern.

Also, don't forget, members signed up for the NFBC have full draft-create privileges.

Thanks. Hope to see you drafting.
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 am

Geoffrey - 10pm EST is a bit too late for us east coast guys. 8pm EST works better most nights. what happens if only 7 of the 15 slots fill? will the draft still go off with 8 AIs? thanks.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:14 pm

-Gordon

All of the drafts created by MDC will be at 9:00 pm eastern each night. If you see a draft going on at 10:00, it's likely a NFBC draft created by an user.

20 minutes prior to the draft's scheduled start time, AI teams are added to all open spots in a draft. That usually isn't a big problem with NFBC drafts, as they're usually filled come draft time.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
[email protected]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:53 pm

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

-Gordon

All of the drafts created by MDC will be at 9:00 pm eastern each night. If you see a draft going on at 10:00, it's likely a NFBC draft created by an user.

got it. thanks for the follow-up. i've been looking at stats so much recently that i thought i saw the drafts at 10pmEST...but you are right, they do say 9pmEST. (8pm would still work better for the east coast boyz).

thank you.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:23 pm

With mid-March and the NFBC drafts approaching quickly, Mock Draft Central would like to let you, the NFBC participants know that NFBC mocks will be going on each night from here until the big day.

Each weeknight at 9:00 p.m. eastern, there will be a 15 team NFBC mock scheduled. Saturday and Sunday will see two scheduled NFBC mocks, one starting at 4:00 p.m. eastern, the other at 9:00 p.m. eastern.

Also, don't forget, members signed up for the NFBC have full draft-create privileges.

Thanks. Hope to see you drafting. Great work Geoff and Jason. This is awesome that you're doing this for our guys. The fact that you're providing free access to our NFBC managers and co-managers and then setting up these leagues each night is a great bonus for everyone. Awesome work.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm

I went ahead and paid for their site, the price was low and they deserve it, IMO...
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Dan

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:45 am

Just a quick heads up........

There are two NFBC-style mock drafts going on tonight. One starts at 9 pm eastern, the other at 9:15 pm eastern.

Both drafts have 7 spots left to sign up. I'll also be in both drafts to chat (if anyone cares).

Have a goodnight fellas, hope to see some of you a little later on this evening.
[email protected]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:52 am

Just a quick heads up........

There are two NFBC-style mock drafts going on tonight. One starts at 9 pm eastern, the other at 9:15 pm eastern.

Both drafts have 7 spots left to sign up. I'll also be in both drafts to chat (if anyone cares).

Have a goodnight fellas, hope to see some of you a little later on this evening. Geoffrey - in general, i think you guys have a nice product. but, i did hear that last night's mock draft suddenly stopped for a 'long time' around the 21st round.

[ February 11, 2006, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:24 am

-Gordon

We don't monitor all of our drafts and we received no word of it from the our helpdesk.

If something did happen, it was probably a one time glitch (you know how technology goes).
[email protected]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:44 am

If something did happen, it was probably a one time glitch (you know how technology goes). it's still frustrating for those competing if the glitch is for longer than a few minutes. in this case, i heard it was at least 15 minutes, and then owners gave up and quit.

Vander

Post by Vander » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:19 am

While I have used the site several times this year without a problem. I did encounter a few last year. What if this happens during a satillite draft?

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:37 am

Gordon's complaint is the first that I've heard of this year.

I can almost guarantee that it was nothing on our end. We have about 85% more server capacity than we even need, that's not even an issue.

There have been hundreds of drafts done on the site this year, and honestly, this is the first time I've heard of this happening.

I was at the help desk all of last night and I didn't receive one e-mail saying that there was a problem with a draft.

We strive and give it our all to give our users 100%, so we're just as disappointed about this as you guys. Just understand, it was a rare happening that is very unlikely to happy again in the future.
[email protected]

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:23 am

I've done several dozen mock drafts and haven't experienced any problems at all. In fact, when I had questions about their PDI's and also multiple position players, Jason answered my questions very fast. one he even took the time to answer on Super Bowl Sunday...

I was impressed and I feel it can be a powerful tool to us and everyone one else trying to get an edge on the competition...

But, I also feel practice makes perfect, thus I will continue to try out differnt strategies to be better prepared for our main event...

Dan

Hangtown

Post by Hangtown » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:25 am

Originally posted by Vander:

While I have used the site several times this year without a problem. I did encounter a few last year. What if this happens during a satillite draft? Vander, Greg said they will be watching those drafts and can halt the draft to fix problems if in fact they do occur...

Dan

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:06 am

you can e-mail the owners included in last night's mock draft and ask them if it happened. i believe the draft "froze" after burnitz was drafted in the 20th round.

[ February 11, 2006, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:29 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:

you can e-mail the owners included in last night's mock draft and ask them if it happened. i believe the draft "froze" after burnitz was drafted in the 20th round.
[/QUOTE]I believe you, and went back and looked. Something obviously happened.

What I'm saying is (whatever it was) it was rare and likely won't happen again.

There is no need to worry for the satellite leagues, there will be monitors for every single one of those drafts. If there is a problem, there will be someone there to take immediate response.
[email protected]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Hangtown:

quote:Originally posted by Vander:

While I have used the site several times this year without a problem. I did encounter a few last year. What if this happens during a satillite draft? Vander, Greg said they will be watching those drafts and can halt the draft to fix problems if in fact they do occur... [/QUOTE]Yup, that's what we'll do. Jason, Geoff, myself and Tom will monitor the satellite leagues and jump in if something does happen, and it possibly will. The goal is to make sure everyone had a fair chance at the player they wanted on each pick and if we have to halt the draft to do so, we will.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cherokee Nation

Post by Cherokee Nation » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:59 pm

I know this is probably posted somewhere, but I can't find it, so please forgive me, but.....

Will we be given a phone number to call should we become disconnected from the draft, during the satellites
Remember the Constitution and the freedoms we used to have

BEF

Post by BEF » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:20 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Burnitz was in fact my pick, and then the system froze. We waited about 10 minutes, chatted and bitched, and then owners started to drop out. Before I did so I entered some pre-picks, just in case. The next morning I got my emailed results list and in fact my pre-picks were chosen, so at some point it must have started up again. None of us got in touch with the Support Desk because I don't think any of us knew that feature was available. It was frustrating, mostly because it was so late in the draft (we had already invested 90+ minutes), but it's now good to know that Help could have been available.
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:14 am

Originally posted by Cherokee Nation:

I know this is probably posted somewhere, but I can't find it, so please forgive me, but.....

Will we be given a phone number to call should we become disconnected from the draft, during the satellites Yes, I think Jason includes that when he sends out the invitations for the league, but if not we'll get that to you. Tom and I will both be monitoring the drafts that night as well and will give you our cell phone numbers or contact numbers.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:52 am

Tomorrow, Saturday the 18'th is NFBC crazy at the site.

As of right now, there are five NFBC drafts scheduled. The drafts are scheduled to start at (all times Eastern) 9am, noon, 4pm, and two 9pm.

All of the drafts have openings. Hope to see some of you there.
[email protected]