Pedroia

Schwks

Pedroia

Post by Schwks » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 am

Pedroia presents an interesting connundrum. I see from recent mocks that he has been going in 2nd round. Here you have a second year 5'9 inch guy, with good but not great minor league/rookie year numbers. By all thoughts, he was a high end David Eckstein until middle of thsi year. Can you bank on that again? Do you dare build your team around him and risk using a second round, building block pick?

Id be wary and here is why. None of his numbers are great except for avg. A slight drop off in the other categories, really makes him a 7-9th round pick. Compare and contrast to Phillips, who also fell off predictably after dream 07 season. His fall off, which was semi predictable lstill left him a top 4-5 at 2b.

Is it reasonable to expect 17 HR again from a guy who was getting 8 or so in minors and in rookie year? Or 83 RBI when 50 seemed around the norm?

His MVP award will elevate his status on draft day. My prediction for next year is 307 11 68 with 13 sb and 110 runs. I will stay away in firat few rounds.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

Gordon Gekko

Pedroia

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 am

anyone counting the postseason or awards into their eval this coming year will be disappointed!

Less than Dave

Pedroia

Post by Less than Dave » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 pm

was that last statement aimed at BJ Upton by chance? He seemed to find his power stroke in the playoffs.. difference there is that I do think he will develop that power, he showed decent power in the minors, unlike Pedroia.

Gordon Gekko

Pedroia

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Originally posted by Less than Dave:

was that last statement aimed at BJ Upton by chance? He seemed to find his power stroke in the playoffs.. difference there is that I do think he will develop that power, he showed decent power in the minors, unlike Pedroia. it's aimed at anyone in the playoffs or who won an award.

are u telling my upton just found his power stroke in the playoffs but was a dud for the regular season? small sample size, i don't buy it (but others will! :D )