Stuff

DOUGHBOYS

Stuff

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 am

Just some stuff,

Eric Price, Dickie V, Martin Bedell, and Brian Oakchunas, do you know these guys? You should. They've played in the NFBC for at least four years and have something in common. They all rank in the top 50 lifetime standings but haven't won a league championship.

Price is ranked at 13 with four double digit finishes and 108 this year.Dickie V has three of four double digit finishes. Bedell finished third overall in '05, but was unfortunate enough to be in the same league as the overall winner. Oakchunas, better known as Bjoak on the message boards, has finished between 50-110 all four years.

I mention these guys for their amazing consistency while never grabbing the brass ring. Their time will come and I would not want them in my league.

Jorge Cantu's head scares me.

While closing, hitters vs.Luis Ayala hit .307, against Brandon Lyon .301, against Todd Jones .298...closers? Really?

Every year somebody takes Daniel Cabrera and proclaims that THIS is the year. Before YOU are that one this year remember this; Cabrera only had 95 k's last year! The only reason for drafting him is gone. By the way, 90 walks.

Who would you rather have Jeremy Bonderman or Rich Hill?

I miss Chest Rockwell and Sportsbettingman.

Fausto Carmona gave up 70 walks last year....and had 58 k's.

If they have a Comeback Player of the Year, maybe they should have a Go Back Player of the year...Byrnes, Carmona, Tulo, VMart all come to mind

I have a friend who is going to a Halloween party as Gordon Gekko. I asked him which one, after the quizzed look, I said never mind.

Thanks for the indulgence.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Stuff

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:13 am

In "The Office" last night, Ryan - the former office temp turned young corporate boss, then turned receptionist following a gordon gekko-like drug bust at his office, dressed as gordon gekko for halloween.

That was funny, and it made we wonder, does Mark dress as gordon gekko for halloween? Even better, will he show up at next yr's draft in a white-collared pinstripe blue shirt, suspenders and a yellow power tie now that he's tasted NFBC success?

[ October 31, 2008, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

CC's Desperados

Stuff

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:36 am

Hey Dough-

Forgot my last statement!!

[ October 31, 2008, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

Gordon Gekko

Stuff

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:28 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

I have a friend who is going to a Halloween party as Gordon Gekko. I asked him which one, after the quizzed look, I said never mind.

:D :D :D

bjoak

Stuff

Post by bjoak » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:06 am

Who would you rather have Jeremy Bonderman or Rich Hill?

Between the two of them, I'd take Eric Milton. ;)

Hill has always had bad homerun rates and he has a worse history of erratic control than Bonderman. At least Bonderman has some health excuses for his performance too. At the same time maybe Hill has more upside and a better team, but is also more likely to have sweet Lou bury him in the minors.

There are a lot more reasons to pick Bonderman, but maybe with how little interest I have in seeing either actually pitch for my team, I might say that a chance on Rich Hill would be better.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Schwks

Stuff

Post by Schwks » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Rich Hill no question. Hill was actually off to a decent start last season, had one medium outing, a bad one and then Lou skipped him and sent him to AAA. When has Bond ever helped a fantasy squad? Good post DOughboy...
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little