Bonds out for the season?

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:23 am

Could it be true that Bonds is out for at least half if not all of 2005?

Latham

Post by Latham » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:39 am

They say that steroids helps speed up your recovery time from injuries, so I would expect him to be at 100% by Thursday! :D

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:42 am

Bah, he sounded just upset to me. That interview was just a man feeling down on himself after having to rehab again.

He'll be back on May 11th.

Dyv
Just Some Guy

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:04 am

You must have him. Everybody got what they deserved with him. You knew he just had his 3rd surgery in the last few months. He's frigging 40, not a kid any more . He's also off the juice.I passed on him in round 5 not worth the risk. EDDIEJAG
EDWARD J GILLIS

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:47 am

Originally posted by eddiejag:

You must have him. Everybody got what they deserved with him. You knew he just had his 3rd surgery in the last few months. He's frigging 40, not a kid any more . He's also off the juice.I passed on him in round 5 not worth the risk. EDDIEJAG Of course I have him - and he'll hit 35 HR for me this year, too

Read the report, not the headlines - he's frustrated. He'll be back in May.

Dyv
Just Some Guy

seefer

Post by seefer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:49 am

Dyv, did you take him in the Ultimate? I just lost Borowski. Dangnabbit. I cannot remember where Bonds went in the Ultimate.

Eddie, do you know where Bonds was picked in the Ultimate?

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:02 am

team 1 had bonds with the 1st pick in the 3rd round.Team 1 had a lot of questionable picks. Including randy johnson with the 1st pick.JOHNNY ESTRADA ROUND 12,BATISTA 10 ,BILL MUELLAR 18, MONDESI 20 A GONZALEZ 21 HATTEBERG AND NEWHAN WERE 1 DOLLAR EACH IN AUCTION LEAGUES.Dont want to sound like a no it all , just my opinions.With bonds out he has one guy who hit 30 homers last year . [alou]
EDWARD J GILLIS

devilznj

Post by devilznj » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:43 am

Hey Eddie - nice call :cool: on Bonds!

Team number one in NY 7 - we were discussing through the draft "when is Barry going??" You said "40 years old - watch being out for three weeks turns into 3 months." We both stayed away (even though I was looking for power).

Enjoyed drafting next to you guys - good luck with all your teams - Larry
Happy Recap

Wire2Wire

Post by Wire2Wire » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:07 am

Bonds :rolleyes: ....... Yea.. Word has it.. he is working on a new Roid. One that will work for him sitting on his arse all year :D
Wire2Wire

seefer

Post by seefer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:11 am

Eddie, I gotta say I was absolutely shocked to hear Randy's name called 1st in the Ultimate draft! When you can have your pick of any player in all of baseball, kind of hard to go with a pitcher who may not even be the best in his own league (I had Santana ranked ahead of Unit).

Needless to say, I was thrilled to get Santana at #10. :cool:

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:18 am

Devilznj it was a blast . I also was going beltran, but happy with pujols. We both past on him in the 5th round.Half this league would have taken him their.The guy after me took him 3rd pick 5th round.Already buerle ,bonds , boroswki.

Their all top ten picks.Good luck it's going to be a fun year.
EDWARD J GILLIS

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:45 am

Seefer i agree with pitching unpredictiable Santana is as safe as they come. Thats why i took schimdt at 14, that was a tough call because i was going to go cabrera and teixiera.Coming back tough i was afraid the top 8 would be gone.I was also happy to get perez in the 5th round , he was one of my top 8.I was hoping for zambrano but some guy seefer took him.I have 5 teams with no chance of winning it, which now puts the odds at 10 to 1. Theirs another 5 who have some serious balance promblems. we will see
EDWARD J GILLIS

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:49 am

Originally posted by Dyv:

quote:Originally posted by eddiejag:

You must have him. Everybody got what they deserved with him. You knew he just had his 3rd surgery in the last few months. He's frigging 40, not a kid any more . He's also off the juice.I passed on him in round 5 not worth the risk. EDDIEJAG Of course I have him - and he'll hit 35 HR for me this year, too

Read the report, not the headlines - he's frustrated. He'll be back in May.

Dyv
[/QUOTE]Dave, I read the report... funny thing... as we were sitting in the Bob last night having a beer and BS'ing baseball, I ran my Chone theory by the guys and then my Bonds theory for this year.

My Bonds theory.... the media crushing last week in Congress would be 100 times worse as soon as he came close to Ruth, and 500 times worse when he comes close to Aaron.

Would he really put his family through this? Would he want to put baseball through this? Remember, he went through so much as a kid with his father and the treatment the media gave him. Look at todays quotes...

``You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did,'' Bonds said. ``You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person.''

``My son and I are just going to enjoy our lives. You guys wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got me,'' Bonds said. ``I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying.''

Why not finish 3rd? or maybe 2nd? and call it a day and not go through 500 times worse than now?

I find it odd that he had two knee surgeries so close to Spring Training. Why not late Oct?

I felt all along that his knees are hurt, but he could turn this into a legimate "out" that no one would ever question. If he finishes #3, he makes the HALL easily. He'd going as using roids, but not ruining the best two records out there.

In the next year, he could get also 250 PA's, and pass Ruth. Barry brings up the race card all the time, and I think this is important to him. In the last press conf, he warned of "further" asterisks. I.E. Ruth never played against African Americans. Ruth should have an asterisk.

He does love the game of baseball, and I'm not sure he wants to tarnish the game to the degree breaking Aaron would do.

I can see millions of fans turing on baseball if Bonds broke Aarons record. Ten times worse than 1994 strike due to the hypocrisy of it all.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:40 pm

UFS - excellent post. I agree with most of what you said, but don't be surprised if Bonds NEVER plays again.

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:21 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

UFS - excellent post. I agree with most of what you said, but don't be surprised if Bonds NEVER plays again. thanks... I would not be surprised at all.

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:07 pm

So what happens with Bonds now if someone decided to bail and try to drop him? Will they be allowed to do so?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Originally posted by seefer:

Dyv, did you take him in the Ultimate? I just lost Borowski. Dangnabbit. I cannot remember where Bonds went in the Ultimate.

Eddie, do you know where Bonds was picked in the Ultimate? No, just in the main event. I have enough juice left (if you'll pardon the pun) ;)

Seriously, we haven't heard any medical data have we? Is there really any reason to believe Barry was quoting something factual here? He was just having a bad day - probably the trainer told him no way he could make opening day and he's ticked.

No sweat ;)

Dyv
Just Some Guy

seefer

Post by seefer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:10 pm

I cut Buerhle the other day when I heard he broke his foot. I'm in Chicago League #4. Then, the next day they say he's not that hurt and he'll only miss 1 spring start. Doh!!!

No...wait a minute. I just got myself confused with that tool from 2 yrs ago who dropped Halladay. :confused:

Cellar Dwellers

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:16 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

quote:Originally posted by seefer:

Eddie, do you know where Bonds was picked in the Ultimate? No, just in the main event. I have enough juice left (if you'll pardon the pun) ;)

Seriously, we haven't heard any medical data have we? Is there really any reason to believe Barry was quoting something factual here? He was just having a bad day - probably the trainer told him no way he could make opening day and he's ticked.

No sweat ;)

Dyv
[/QUOTE]Bonds was just being the whiney little bitch that he is. He's looking for sympathy and wants everyone to feel sorry for him for ALL he's been through. I hope the guy never sets foot on a baseball field again, but I believe he'll be back in mid May much to my chagrin.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:10 pm

Originally posted by UFS:

Dave, I read the report... funny thing... as we were sitting in the Bob last night having a beer and BS'ing baseball, I ran my Chone theory by the guys and then my Bonds theory for this year.

My Bonds theory.... the media crushing last week in Congress would be 100 times worse as soon as he came close to Ruth, and 500 times worse when he comes close to Aaron.

Would he really put his family through this? Would he want to put baseball through this? Remember, he went through so much as a kid with his father and the treatment the media gave him. Look at todays quotes...

``You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did,'' Bonds said. ``You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person.''

``My son and I are just going to enjoy our lives. You guys wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got me,'' Bonds said. ``I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying.''

Why not finish 3rd? or maybe 2nd? and call it a day and not go through 500 times worse than now?

I find it odd that he had two knee surgeries so close to Spring Training. Why not late Oct?

I felt all along that his knees are hurt, but he could turn this into a legimate "out" that no one would ever question. If he finishes #3, he makes the HALL easily. He'd going as using roids, but not ruining the best two records out there.

In the next year, he could get also 250 PA's, and pass Ruth. Barry brings up the race card all the time, and I think this is important to him. In the last press conf, he warned of "further" asterisks. I.E. Ruth never played against African Americans. Ruth should have an asterisk.

He does love the game of baseball, and I'm not sure he wants to tarnish the game to the degree breaking Aaron would do.

I can see millions of fans turing on baseball if Bonds broke Aarons record. Ten times worse than 1994 strike due to the hypocrisy of it all. Great post, interesting theory John. Off the cuff I'd tend to agree on the selfish reasons for him not wanting to play, but disagree with the "what's best for the game" part.

Although, the second part could certainly be great rationalization for the first part, which would make it easier for him to justify it to himself - so maybe some truth even to that.

Personally, I wouldn't have drafted him unless he fell nearly into Griffey territory based mostly on age and lost access to his miracle drugs ... but if you're right, very ugly for all those early-round drafters that got lulled by those gaudy "clear" numbers.

[ March 23, 2005, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:18 am

seefer BONDS was the 1st pick in the third round , to team 1 . T he same team that took randy johnson 1st overall. eddiejag
EDWARD J GILLIS