$1,000,000 in earnings

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:35 am

Prediction: Gekko will be the first owner to make $1,000,000 in earnings through high stakes fantasy events. You heard it here first. Thanks for your support.

sportsbettingman

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:23 am

Go for it!

That would be awesome!

You're on your way, GG. I like to see the goals set high...you never know. That would be a story worthy of all major periodicals.

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Leaderboard Sports

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:10 am

It will never happen. When you get to $500,000 Walla Walla will kidnap you, get all your money in ransom, and then dump your body in the river. Where you will be swimmin' wit da fishes while I take home the check to pass 1 million in earnings. :D

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:37 am

Originally posted by Leaderboard Sports:

get all your money in ransomransom? my wife already has the money spent.

The Lollygaggers

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by The Lollygaggers » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:40 am

I’m just thankful that the greatest fantasy sports player in history hasn’t heard about NFBC Ultimate yet. With a stated goal of being the first guy to $1 million, you’d think he’d pounce on the highest-stakes league in history. Please, nobody tell him about it…I don’t know if we could handle the competition.

Oh, wait! From the message board archives dated Nov 10, 2004 -- Gordon Gekko on NFBC Ultimate: “Too rich for me.”

Wuss.

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:49 am

you're right about one thing.

Originally posted by Maroon and White:

the greatest fantasy sports player in history thanks...now go back to winning your ESPN t-shirt or whatever it is they offer

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:03 am

MaW - here's how you quote someone...

Greg -- When will this "goodie bag" be mailed? see how it works? btw, i see you like to name call and critique me. here's a little for you...

next time you write a post like the one above, why don't you use the following verbiage or something similar...

"Greg -- I'm dying over here. I don't know what to do. I didn't win the big $ in fantasy sports this year, and I desperately need the "goodie bag". I am lost without it. I will pay for you to next-day-air it to me. Please...oh please...Greg."

at the end of the season, I'll take a look at where you finished in the 5K league and ask if you felt satisfied with making the donation.

The Lollygaggers

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by The Lollygaggers » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:16 am

tsk, tsk, Mark. The real Gordon Gekko would be so disappointed right now. When the real Gordon Gekko lost $10 MILLION on Bluestar Airlines, he said, "It's only money." The FAKE Gordon Gekko says about $5K, "Too rich for me."

But I digress. This is really just a misunderstanding, Mark. We're both agreed that you're the greatest fantasy player in history. I'm merely thanking you for talking smack in a $650 league so that the rest of us can have a chance in Ultimate. Lord knows I wouldn't want you to take the obvious route towards $1 million by entering Ultimate.

Wuss.

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:27 am

tsk, tsk, Mark. The real Gordon Gekko would be so disappointed right now. that's alright eric. the original gekko had some flaws that needed to be corrected.

Wuss. Maroon and White = donation. ha! it's people like you who bring down the rep of fantasy events like this.

The Lollygaggers

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by The Lollygaggers » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:43 am

Maroon and White = donation. Maybe so, Mark, maybe so. But I'm entering Ultimate to have fun and to compete against the best. If I win, great...if not, it will still be fun. That's how we mere mortals approach the game.

But, oh, if I were The Greatest Fantasy Player In History (is it ok to start capitalizing that? Seems like it should be a title instead of a description, don't you think?) though, I don't know how I could pass up such an easy shot at $40K. But I guess that's why you're the greatest (sorry! "The Greatest"), and I'm just a donator.

Just to be clear, though...you're still not entering Ultimate, right?

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:49 am

But I'm entering Ultimate to have fun and to compete against the best. actually, you're competing against owners who have the funds and want to compete. doesn't mean they are the best.

But, oh, if I were The Greatest Fantasy Player In History (is it ok to start capitalizing that? since you started the title/description, i'll let you decide.

I don't know how I could pass up such an easy shot at $40K. i like throwing up $1,250 to win $100,000, rather than $5,000 to win $40,000. if it was closer to 50K, I might be more apt to play

Just to be clear, though...you're still not entering Ultimate, right? no need to be clear. i will likely withdraw from the NY mixed auction and leave people guessing as to where i'll wind up. i like it muddy. thanks for your interest.

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:51 am

now stop posting, my mom is making me clean my room now. got to go

Balticsquids

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Balticsquids » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:43 am

Gordon, you are really becoming a bore. Its the same old talk post after post......but when its in person like it was in vegas(where u might have ran into a couple blackeyes for talking and running your mouth) your responce was"i didnt wanna cause any friction" Grow some balls you would get more respect if you backed your big INTERNET talk in person

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:26 am

Originally posted by Balticsquids:

Gordon, you are really becoming a bore. Its the same old talk post after post......but when its in person like it was in vegas(where u might have ran into a couple blackeyes for talking and running your mouth) your responce was"i didnt wanna cause any friction" Grow some balls you would get more respect if you backed your big INTERNET talk in person if my posts are a bore, don't read them. is that hard for you to do?

why would i "run my mouth" in person knowing there are people like you out there? everyone is at the draft to have a good experience (me included). to be honest, while at the event, i don't have time for people like you. i have no interest in talking with you or meeting you. get the picture.

i don't care if you or others respect me. if you do, that's great. if you don't, i won't lose any sleep over it. the main objective for me in fantasy sports is to cash in.

sorry if you don't have enough willpower to stop reading them.

Balticsquids

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Balticsquids » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:42 am

Did i say i was looking to meet you or talk to u at the draft? did i ask u to set up a meet the gordon table???? there u go again blowing off the topic and answering questions with more questtions .....and if i really wanted to meet with u and talk to u , the womens bathroom would be the place hiding in there like the girl u are , after all its not the internet ........and i myself and everybody else had a great time at the drafts after all"i was not trying to cause any friction"im not at home hiding behind my computer

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:00 am

and if i really wanted to meet with u and talk to u , the womens bathroom would be the place hiding in there like the girl u are , after all its not the internet ........and i myself and everybody else had a great time at the drafts after all"i was not trying to cause any friction"im not at home hiding behind my computer while at the event, i don't have time for people like you. i have no interest in talking with you or meeting you. if you think that's hiding, more power to you.

if my posts are a bore, don't read them. is that hard for you to do?

i wonder what it's gonna feel like to lose to a "hider" :D

thanks.

Balticsquids

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Balticsquids » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:07 am

Lose i might, if i draft like i did last year(AL Only NY), but atleast ill have the balls to tell ya who my team is and what league ...ill even put a side wager on the fact i will place higher then u

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:11 am

did i ask u to set up a meet the gordon table???? that was a funny one. good show!

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:12 am

atleast ill have the balls to tell ya who my team is and what league ...ill even put a side wager on the fact i will place higher then u i think i'll stick with hiding again. we'll see

King of Queens

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:53 am

Lose i might, if i draft like i did last year(AL Only NY), but atleast ill have the balls to tell ya who my team is and what leagueI recommend walking around with a laptop. This way, at least you can blame your performance on "technical" issues...

Balticsquids

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Balticsquids » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:59 pm

hey,come on you know im just busting your nuts. Anyway are u doing the Al only again? my partner and i are only doing the main event this year

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:20 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Balticsquids:

Lose i might, if i draft like i did last year(AL Only NY), but atleast ill have the balls to tell ya who my team is and what leagueI recommend walking around with a laptop. This way, at least you can blame your performance on "technical" issues... [/QUOTE]King of Queens, come clean. i hear all this talk about you and your laptop. what's the deal? what happened?

King of Queens

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:20 pm

hey,come on you know im just busting your nuts. Anyway are u doing the Al only again? my partner and i are only doing the main event this year Touche! You know I can take a joke...

I'm doing the main event, and the Ultimate Auction on Sunday. Should be an interesting weekend.

King of Queens

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:26 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Balticsquids:

Lose i might, if i draft like i did last year(AL Only NY), but atleast ill have the balls to tell ya who my team is and what leagueI recommend walking around with a laptop. This way, at least you can blame your performance on "technical" issues... [/QUOTE]King of Queens, come clean. i hear all this talk about you and your laptop. what's the deal? what happened?
[/QUOTE]BalticSquids likes to bust my hump about using a laptop at the AL Auction last year. I was really surprised when I was one of the only owners to use one--apparently I came off as something of an expert b/c of the computer. When I finished in 7th (or whatever), I guess my expert tag disappeared.

In all seriousness, the laptop really helps, especially if you're alone at the auction. Money management is a critical factor.

Gordon Gekko

$1,000,000 in earnings

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:31 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

In all seriousness, the laptop really helps, especially if you're alone at the auction. Money management is a critical factor. laptops can be nothing but trouble...battery dies, locks up, etc...for those reasons alone, i won't use one. too risky. get all your stuff straight and print it out. if you have a co-manager, that may be a different story.

you going solo in the 5K auction?