Movin on Up!!!

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:17 am

Montreal Gazette: Tony Armas Jr. has been throwing off a mound for a month and said his shoulder feels strong.

Time to move him up about 5 spots in the rankings. He was pretty dominant last year (before he got hurt). 1.06 whip and 2.61 era in 2003. Can you see a breakthrough year in 2004?

Thought I'd throw the Rooks another bone. Sorry if I "outed" anyone's sleeper pick. :D :D

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:39 am

Sorry...forgot about this

Oakland Tribune reports that San Francisco Giants' RHP Jason Schmidt has proclaimed himself healthy after undergoing right shoulder surgery during the offseason. According to Schmidt, he sees no reason why he won't be able to start the team's regular season opener on April 5.

Easily a top 30 pick. Enjoy!

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:38 am

I wonder what position super-sleeper Justin Morneau is qualified at? He could be HUGE this year if he gets the PT. :D

[ February 21, 2004, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:00 pm

Brad Radke will start on Opening Day for the Twins, manager Ron Gardenhire said today. Move Radke up 6 spots in the SP rankings.

What happened to Johan Santana? Just what I thought...over-hyped! He'll probably head back to the bullpen before the season is over :( :( :(

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:10 am

Los Angeles Times: Upset that he wasn't offered a multiyear deal by the Dodgers, Eric Gagne already seems to be looking forward to free agency.

Enter Guillermo Mota...Gagne owners take note. Glad I could help. :D

[ February 24, 2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:34 am

I know 90% of the baseball community has this guy pegged as a sleeper. With this news, he just moved up about a dozen spots on the SP rankings. As always, enjoy! :D

San Jose Mercury News: Unlike previous years, the A's have no plans to skip their fifth starter (Rich Harden) when they have off days this season.

chi town here we come

Movin on Up!!!

Post by chi town here we come » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:49 pm

THANKS GG :eek: :eek:

BB of the Leaderboard

Movin on Up!!!

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:25 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

I know 90% of the baseball community has this guy pegged as a sleeper. With this news, he just moved up about a dozen spots on the SP rankings. As always, enjoy! :D

San Jose Mercury News: Unlike previous years, the A's have no plans to skip their fifth starter (Rich Harden) when they have off days this season. This is truly great stuff, Ghek. So what's your take on the "Do married guys have an off season their first year after getting hitched?" controversy?

B(Inquiring minds and all that)B

Jon_Ashton

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:30 am

Here's my favorite Rotowire.com "big impact" entry of the day so far:

Jeff Cirillo believes off-season eye surgery and studying film will help him return to his former status at the plate, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

I don't know about you all, but I'm moving Sean Burroughs down 6 notches on the 3B cheat sheet, as Cirillo skyrockets up 20!

Top that news, Gekko!

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:49 am

Originally posted by Jon_Ashton:

Here's my favorite Rotowire.com "big impact" entry of the day so far:

Jeff Cirillo believes off-season eye surgery and studying film will help him return to his former status at the plate, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

I don't know about you all, but I'm moving Sean Burroughs down 6 notches on the 3B cheat sheet, as Cirillo skyrockets up 20!

Top that news, Gekko! Mark Prior has a broken right wrist and will miss one to two months. ;) :mad: ;)

Jon_Ashton

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:56 am

So what?!

More importantly, Jack Wilson (SS, PIT) has a sore shoulder...

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:04 am

So what?!

More importantly, Jack Wilson (SS, PIT) has a sore shoulder... Thanks. I'll move him from 40 to 41 on my list.

Jon_Ashton

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:10 am

And, yikes, I hate to rain on Gekko's sleeper pick, but today Rotowire.com says Armas experienced some "tenderness"... And, "The longer the discomfort lingers, the more worried Armas owners should get -- he's by no means out of the woods in his recovery from shoulder surgery."

Drat! Besides, the bad news on Jack Wilson, now I have to move Armas back down in my SP rankings...

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:19 am

Kansas City Star: Angel Berroa will bat leadoff on opening day for the Royals. Berroa's OBP and steal rate increased last September when he batted leadoff. He should score plenty of runs batting in front of Carlos Beltran, Mike Sweeney, and Juan Gonzalez.

Enjoy!!! :D :cool: :D

Jon_Ashton

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Jon_Ashton » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:44 am

Do you really think it makes you look smart to quote what Rotowire.com reports? If that's what your therapist suggests to help your self-esteem, go right ahead...

If anyone other than you shares the posts from this message board with the guys at work, you'd be good for a laugh or two because of the patheticness of some of your posts.

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:07 pm

Do you really think it makes you look smart to quote what Rotowire.com reports? If that's what your therapist suggests to help your self-esteem, go right ahead...

Rotowire???? Sorry, never used it. I guess we know what you use. Originally posted by Jon_Ashton:

If anyone other than you shares the posts from this message board with the guys at work, you'd be good for a laugh or two because of the patheticness of some of your posts. Jon, don't try any misdirection. I called you out and got ya. :D You'll never meet the guys from my office, so why do you care?

[ March 02, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Jon_Ashton

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Jon_Ashton » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:34 pm

Got me? Not that it wasn't apparent anyway -- but I was just exposing your feigned superior knowledge.

P.S. Plug for Rotowire.com -- It's a nice source for daily updates from newspapers all across the country for reports on players. With its information, even gekkos can pretend to be sharks.

SoonerC

Movin on Up!!!

Post by SoonerC » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:32 am

Gheko, it sure is nice of you to keep people up to date on how many spots guys are moving up and down. Let's just say I truly hope I am in a league full of people who wait with great anticipation for your next tip.

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:13 am

Yankees signed Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez to a one-year contract.

El Duque is a great sleeper pick, as Lieber, Contreras or Brown won't last the entire season. My advice: Grab him before it's too late. :D

[ March 07, 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Movin on Up!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Brad Radke will start on Opening Day for the Twins, manager Ron Gardenhire said today. Move Radke up 6 spots in the SP rankings.

What happened to Johan Santana? Just what I thought...over-hyped! He'll probably head back to the bullpen before the season is over :( :( :( Johan Santana 3/7/04

2 IP

5 Hits

4 ER

1 BB

0 K

2 HRs Allowed

hehe. I love it when I'm right!! :D Actually my staff deserves some of the credit for this call. They were down on Santana from the start.

fixed

Movin on Up!!!

Post by fixed » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:20 am

OK I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but here goes my opinion. Santana is the real deal. I don't care about spring training. I had him last year in my yahoo league. He's gold.

Second, rotowire is the best source to keep upto date with what's going on in the bb world. If anybody knows of a better option, I'm all ears.

Finally, the year I got married I finished dead last in my league - 12 teams NL only 5X5 Roto (my honeymoon was the last two weeks of the season and my idiot partner did nothing to get me out of he basement). A friend in my league told me to get used to it. I finished in 3rd the following year. Then my daughter was born and I finished in 8th. Another get used to it remark. I finished in 3rd last year. Wife isn't pg so I have a shot this year. :D