Elijah Dukes

Edwards Kings

Elijah Dukes

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:38 am

From Rototimes:

"Elijah Dukes led the Nationals in Thursday's 11-10 win over the Astros at home, as he went 2-for-4 with a single and a two-run homer off Roy Oswalt. He also swiped a base."

"Our View: Dukes ended a 16-game drought without a homer, and only has four for the season. Hopefully he has found his power stroke following his stint in the minors."

Wayne's World: Ummmm, dude, that was the completion of a suspended game. He hit that homerun two months ago and Dukes is still in the minors. Rototime...get your act together. Too funny. :rolleyes:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

sportsbettingman

Elijah Dukes

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:21 am

WOW...great catch, Wayne.

They also get the photo's for players wrong when doing news on them...a no-no in my book.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

DOUGHBOYS

Elijah Dukes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 am

It's also automatic for them to say that a good player, having a bad stretch, will turn it around.

I get the feeling they just "phone it in" sometimes.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Elijah Dukes

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

They also get the photo's for players wrong when doing news on them...a no-no in my book. I only do one local league (primarly as a co-owner with a long time friend) and we have Dukes (DiamondKing swore to me he was going to have an AWESOME year :D ). The only real reason I noticed it was we are short OFers right now and I was excited because I thought they had brought Dukes back up and I had missed it.

Turns out they are the ones who missed it. I agree with Doughboys...their "interpretations" of events are sadly lacking.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

sportsbettingman

Elijah Dukes

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:39 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

They also get the photo's for players wrong when doing news on them...a no-no in my book. I only do one local league (primarly as a co-owner with a long time friend) and we have Dukes (DiamondKing swore to me he was going to have an AWESOME year :D ). The only real reason I noticed it was we are short OFers right now and I was excited because I thought they had brought Dukes back up and I had missed it.

Turns out they are the ones who missed it. I agree with Doughboys...their "interpretations" of events are sadly lacking.
[/QUOTE]Kinda like those "live help" online assistants who are 90-100% automated. They have a set reply auto-programmed in, and just add "Wayne" in here and there, or (insert player from title of caption here)...blah, blah, blah.

Makes you wonder how much of the "opinion" is hand typed and how much is cookie cutter.

[ July 10, 2009, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein