1st rd picks- Rollins

rkulaski

1st rd picks- Rollins

Post by rkulaski » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:03 pm

I can't believe how bad Jimmy Rollins has been. He has a solid track record in the majors, works hard, great athlete, and leads off for the World Series' champs. He might not be the most consistent with batting avg or home runs looking at his stats year to year, but you had a good idea of the skill set entering this season. When Marco Scutaro was putting up the better stats in April, it wasn't a big deal. Now that it's the end of June, it is.

Rollins 214avg, 6 HR, 10 steals, 41 runs, 27 rbi

Scutaro .299avg, 6 HR, 7 steals, 54 runs, 31 rbi

Rollins .257 obp

Scutaro .396 obp
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Edwards Kings

1st rd picks- Rollins

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:

I can't believe how bad Jimmy Rollins has been. He has a solid track record in the majors, works hard, great athlete, and leads off for the World Series' champs. He might not be the most consistent with batting avg or home runs looking at his stats year to year, but you had a good idea of the skill set entering this season. When Marco Scutaro was putting up the better stats in April, it wasn't a big deal. Now that it's the end of June, it is.

Rollins 214avg, 6 HR, 10 steals, 41 runs, 27 rbi

Scutaro .299avg, 6 HR, 7 steals, 54 runs, 31 rbi

Rollins .257 obp

Scutaro .396 obp Rollins is one of the many "things" that are killing my team. I had the 8th pick of the draft. My first choice was to pick up which ever one of the top consensus (or at least what I viewed as the consensus) seven (Rameriez, Wright, Pujols, Reyes, Cabrera, Braun and Sizemore) slipped. None did in LV2. Even on the plane to Vegas, I was working out strategies that focused on either balance/MI with a speed chaser (Rollins) versus gross power (Howard) or power/BA (Teixeira). I guess I am lucky Sizemore did not drop to me, but I ended up deciding on Rollins, probably due to the fact I was so short on steals the last few years. I took another balance/MI in the second (Phillips) and thought I was off to the races. While Phillips has, at least for now, turned it around and turned it up, I am waiting for Rollins to extracate himself from the lost baggage room at Southwest Airlines where he is standing guard over Clum's luggage.

Let's you and I and all the other Rollins "supporters" hope he turns it on in the second half.

[ June 24, 2009, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Edwards Kings ]
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer