A Big Thanks

DOUGHBOYS

A Big Thanks

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Last year at this time, this contest was at its lowest point. FAAB had gone badly, opening day was ruined with some Padilla sized hiccups, long term customers were bordering on quitting.

Let's fast forward to this year. Everything could hardly be more seamless. Opening Day was swell, FAAB went great, the only requests are for minor fixes. These fixes will be done. We know it. It's the biggest difference between Fanball and STATS. ....Fanball says, STATS DOES.

So, thanks Greg. Thanks for teaming with STATS.

If you'll notice, we have a 100% turnaround in confidence this year.

When the only thing that can be debated on the Boards is an alias, something that STATS has nothing to do with, I'd say that we couldn't be in better hands.

It's a lot easier to complain on these Boards than compliment, so here's a compliment for the partnership.

Sometimes it is easy to take everything for granted. One need only to look back a year to remember, but we don't have to do that, looking to the future is a lot more gratifying.

A Big Thanks.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

MadCow Sez

A Big Thanks

Post by MadCow Sez » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Wish there was a "like" button for this
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Glenneration X

A Big Thanks

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Perfectly said Dan, night and day from Fanball's opening Sunday FAAB. Well done STATS.

mbendar16

A Big Thanks

Post by mbendar16 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:10 pm

I'll make it a third to agree - well said Dan

Last year was my first in the NFBC and I have more teams this year and it took less time for FAAB - well done

Mark

Slocumb

A Big Thanks

Post by Slocumb » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:13 pm

I couldn't agree more with this post. This is our third year in the NFBC and we could not be happier with how the contest is being run.

Now if you could just make it so that all of our closers (Marmol, Rauch, Rodney) don't get bombed on the same day...
Slocumb if ya got 'em!

Oaktown

A Big Thanks

Post by Oaktown » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Excellent post....so true, last year was a such a mess on this night.

Rainiers

A Big Thanks

Post by Rainiers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 am

Yep, this game keeps getting better and better.

And thank you Dough, for reminding us that our cup is not only more than half full, it is nearly running over. Positive thoughts to start the week. I like it.
- Robert

Greg Ambrosius

A Big Thanks

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:01 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Last year at this time, this contest was at its lowest point. FAAB had gone badly, opening day was ruined with some Padilla sized hiccups, long term customers were bordering on quitting.

Let's fast forward to this year. Everything could hardly be more seamless. Opening Day was swell, FAAB went great, the only requests are for minor fixes. These fixes will be done. We know it. It's the biggest difference between Fanball and STATS. ....Fanball says, STATS DOES.

So, thanks Greg. Thanks for teaming with STATS.

If you'll notice, we have a 100% turnaround in confidence this year.

When the only thing that can be debated on the Boards is an alias, something that STATS has nothing to do with, I'd say that we couldn't be in better hands.

It's a lot easier to complain on these Boards than compliment, so here's a compliment for the partnership.

Sometimes it is easy to take everything for granted. One need only to look back a year to remember, but we don't have to do that, looking to the future is a lot more gratifying.

A Big Thanks. This is a GREAT post Dan and one that is very appreciative by all. You are so right, few people come on the boards to compliment us and we certainly realize why. It's never cool to thank the teacher in front of your peers. ;) But I do know that the hard-working IT guys in Chicago have seen this and they appreciate the kind words.

Tom and I are team players and we were part of the Fanball team through and through during good times and during the bad times and now we are total STATS team players through the good and bad times. I can just tell you we are MUCH HAPPIER about the good times right now. We enjoyed our first weekend of the baseball season and we enjoyed our first night of FAAB. Mike, Brian, Jim, Zach and the entire IT team at STATS GETS IT and they are ALL IN on the NFBC. They are responsive to needed requests and they are willing to add enhancements where it makes sense.

This is why we set this partnership up the way we did. We are all ONE TEAM working on the same cause with the same goal in mind. And we will carry that over to the NFFC and then to the NFBBC and maybe more. Once we build this right, enhancing it and expanding on it is easy. We're all very excited about the start, but we have a lot more to do. Still, we are VERY APPRECIATIVE about the kind words. Let's keep it going now.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

A Big Thanks

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 am

Search and 'remember me' add ons....

The hits just keep on comin' :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

stool pigeon

A Big Thanks

Post by stool pigeon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 am

they get the brunt of the storm when things went oh so wrong so they should get the credit when things are done right. excellent post. this year has been the best (except for my teams right now) by far. well done greg and tom.
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Greg Ambrosius

A Big Thanks

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 am

Sorry we didn't have this previously, but we've just added 2009 and 2010 stats to the team stats drop down menu. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mrhambone

A Big Thanks

Post by mrhambone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 am

I feel like I just got back from a 3rd world country. Everything is very easy to understand, things are moving quickly and efficiently and I don't have to hold my breath in the shower.

Last Sunday I dragged my wife back from house shopping at 3:00pm just to make sure I had plenty of time to get my FA bidding in with plenty of time. I had everything set by 3:10 and only had to check for last minute updates till 5:00. The wife was unhappy but I was thrilled.

Going from Fanball to Stats is like sleeping on the ground for a year and them getting that first night back in you bed. The comfort and trust they give you is priceless.

Just wanted to add some good vibes to this contest and once again thank Greg, Tom and Stats for making this such a great event. I wish you guys nothing but the best and as long as you keep making great decisions I will always be back.

Congrats
Word

Greg Ambrosius

A Big Thanks

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 am

VERY NICE POST. Much appreciated.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

PittIsIt95

A Big Thanks

Post by PittIsIt95 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

VERY NICE POST. Much appreciated. Greg, Tom and IT:

I will repeat the same as the above posters. Greg, you felt the pain of not having the hidden team behind you last year.(We IT folks that are the backbone behind alot of businesses that people only notice when things go wrong)

It is a wonderful turnaround from last season and I thank the IT folks in terms of getting things right. Not everything is simple in IT - some times the juice is not worth the squeeze. But there are many simple, quick changes that can be done that the user community appreciates, but were never done last season - example was showing the data in a certain order on the screens.

Again, thank you STATS-IT/Tom/Greg. We again have a strong back-bone to this wonderful product. You will never be able to satisfy every suggestion that comes in. And seldom does IT get recognized for a job well done. But so far you have hit a home-run!

JT