Good Vibes

Surrender Dorothy

Good Vibes

Post by Surrender Dorothy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:52 am

I wanted to re-post this under a different thread so it wouldn't get lost amidst all of the NFL smack-talking.

From Greg:

Back to the subject at hand: Tom and I are both getting good vibes on this front. Stay patient with us please and I think we'll have a resolution soon. Everyone is working hard to make this work for 2011 and beyond and I truly believe that we'll have good news shortly. Keep studying and tomorrow I'll start posting the positional eligibility lists. I'll need help adding players to the lists I just received, so be ready tomorrow and we'll complete these together. Thanks all...for EVERYTHING.

--------------------

Greg Ambrosius

Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Gates

Good Vibes

Post by Gates » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 am

In regards to the good vibs floating around, from GREG on another thread:

We'll keep taking names for the upcoming Slow Drafts and then form the leagues, with the request here being no problem. We will likely finish all of the current Slow Drafts on the software being used now and start these next ones on new software. So give us a little time to finalize everything here and then be ready to draft once that is done on software that will be very similar to what you have now. We're getting ready to roll with all of this.

Okay, we have one more full league but let's keep taking names and be ready to start 2, 3 or even 4 more leagues when the time is right, which will be soon. The positive vibes are back in the NFBC air and I think we all can tell this is going to work out for all involved. Everyone involved in the process here wants to keep this contest going and I'm confident that will be accomplished.
Go ahead, make my day...

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 am

I will add to the Good Vibes thread and say that I feel very confident that a good resolution is around the corner. When guys like Every League Luny say they aren't even studying yet because of the uncertainty about his favorite games it concerns me. I'd hate to see him and others lose hope and give up two months before Draft Day. There's a great season ahead of us and certainly plenty of time to recover from this and make it happen.

There is a lot of work being done behind the scenes to keep this game and possibly others around. I don't know exactly how all of this is going to play out for 2011 and beyond, but I think the ultimate goal is to keep the employees working in this space if possible and to keep these great games with their great customers together if it's still possible. I am being patient and hoping for the best and all I can ask is that you folks do the same.

I have had some folks email me to say they can't wait for a resolution and they are moving on. I understand this frustration and I feel it. Trust me, every night I lay awake I feel it. But I feel we're working with good people who have good intentions in mind and I'm hopeful that we'll keep this community intact and even improve on what we've had before. 2011 has the potential to be a great, great NFBC and NFFC season. Trust me on that if you can and give us all a little more time. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:14 am

One other point I'd like to make: People have asked me if the NFBC schedule or events or venues will change if a resolution can be found shortly. The answer is NO. All of the venues will remain the same, we'll still have two weekends of drafts, we'll still do the Live Double Plays and the Online Double Plays, and we'll still do the satellite leagues and Slow Drafts. I still need to finalize a better payout structure for the Ultimate League and I need to address one other contest, but otherwise I feel good about the plans we have in place and the venues we have ready to work with us.

So plan accordingly and hopefully we'll get this done soon. Then we'll address the issues about draft software, back-end commissioner support, improved in-season game features, etc. But the rest remains intact for 2011. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

NoBallsNoBabies

Good Vibes

Post by NoBallsNoBabies » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:48 am

Thanks Greg! I appreciate all of the hard work you guys do and thanks for keeping us in the loop. Looking forward to a great 2011!

wahooblue

Good Vibes

Post by wahooblue » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 am

Thanks Greg and Tom for keeping us updated and your work to make this happen for the 2011 season!

Spartacus

Good Vibes

Post by Spartacus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:39 am

I like the vibes Greg. Just wondering though, does the best case scenario include a possible resurrection of the Fantasy Sports Magazine for 2011, or am I just being a greedy pig?
bob

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 am

Originally posted by Spartacus:

I like the vibes Greg. Just wondering though, does the best case scenario include a possible resurrection of the Fantasy Sports Magazine for 2011, or am I just being a greedy pig? Not for 2011, but hopefully starting with football 2011. If you think I'm proud of the NFBC, you should have seen how I acted as a proud father of that baby starting in 1989. I've spent more time with Fantasy Sports Magazine than my own wife!! ;) The wife is fortunately still with me and I sure would like to keep this historic magazine with us, too. We'll see. It would be a shame to see that one buried.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Good Vibes

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 am

Originally posted by Spartacus:

I like the vibes Greg. Just wondering though, does the best case scenario include a possible resurrection of the Fantasy Sports Magazine for 2011, or am I just being a greedy pig? Bob, read my PM, darn it!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:16 am

Sometimes your prayers are answered!! :D

WE ARE ON FOR 2011 AND BEYOND!!! Book your flights, grab your hotels, finish your Cheat Sheets, get ready for your NFBC drafts. ALL IS GOOD!! More to come later, but I'm feelin' good!! CORONA TIME and everyone who knows me knows what that means!! :D AWESOME!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Raskol

Good Vibes

Post by Raskol » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:26 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Sometimes your prayers are answered!! :D

WE ARE ON FOR 2011 AND BEYOND!!! Book your flights, grab your hotels, finish your Cheat Sheets, get ready for your NFBC drafts. ALL IS GOOD!! More to come later, but I'm feelin' good!! CORONA TIME and everyone who knows me knows what that means!! :D AWESOME!! I'm looking for a "like" button!
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

ALL-IN JD

Good Vibes

Post by ALL-IN JD » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:26 am

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Congrats Greg! Never had a doubt (although you might have had one or two!) :)

Winston's Empire

Good Vibes

Post by Winston's Empire » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:30 am

Ya Baby!!!!!!!!
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

swampass

Good Vibes

Post by swampass » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

wooohoooo!! christmas is on this year! im so pumped! this is some great freaking news!!

great work tom and greg!!

mrhambone

Good Vibes

Post by mrhambone » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am

Drop you c*#ks and grab your Red Sox.

Vegas Mother Scratchers!
Word

Da bears

Good Vibes

Post by Da bears » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 am

Alright!!! Congrats Greg and Tom!!!

[ January 20, 2011, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Da bears ]
-Bauler Shot Caller

duesman24

Good Vibes

Post by duesman24 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Greg Tom

Great to hear there has been a favorable resolution for the NFBC!!!

Now its Miller timer!!!!

ok corona for you guys. :)
"Long Live the King!"
Richard DiMondo

Tom Kessenich

Good Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks to everyone for sticking with us and keeping the faith. We'll hopefully have more to announce soon but for now this is definitely a very good night and one that results in a huge exhale from Greg and I.

I'm going to have a cold one, kick back, watch the Badgers kick some a** and enjoy this evening immensely.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

MadCow Sez

Good Vibes

Post by MadCow Sez » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Nicely done!

Ready to tip some back in Sin City with Y'all
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Glenneration X

Good Vibes

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Greg, Tom, great job. Your optimism kept the rest of us optimistic and we're all happy it's worked out for the best.

The NFBC lives on, we all knew it would.

Glenn

Richie

Good Vibes

Post by Richie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Can't get better news for us addicts.

Gekko

Good Vibes

Post by Gekko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Beers all around. :cool:

Catch

Good Vibes

Post by Catch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Congrats Greg and Tom. The optimism you guys showed gave us very little doubt. Looking forward to more good news. Now "every league Luny" can get back to his studies!

lschechter

Good Vibes

Post by lschechter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:51 pm

This is great news, and hopefully the NFBC is moving forward without Liberty Media.

Still very sad about the rest of Fanball. The CDM games were the best. Diamond Challenge the best game ever.

Potter

Good Vibes

Post by Potter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 pm

News like this doesn't get it's own thread? I mean, I get tweeted when some donk takes a gekko or has endured 3 minutes more than usual waiting for a mochafrappacrappacino. Come on now Greg. Come up with something catchy to headline the thread we've all been waiting for, and let the masses rejoice!!