Mock Drafting

Cotton1

Mock Drafting

Post by Cotton1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

I am not a huge mock-drafter(insert joke here), but where is everyone going to do it? I went into MDC and there were only a few NFBC-type drafts coming in the next week and they weren't very full at all. I am also aware of the frustrations with the fanball mock-draft software. I went into the fanball draft site today, there are plenty of drafts set up but nobody appears to be participating. I know it's early but what am I missing?
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Greg Ambrosius

Mock Drafting

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 am

Originally posted by moon over my hammy:

I am not a huge mock-drafter(insert joke here), but where is everyone going to do it? I went into MDC and there were only a few NFBC-type drafts coming in the next week and they weren't very full at all. I am also aware of the frustrations with the fanball mock-draft software. I went into the fanball draft site today, there are plenty of drafts set up but nobody appears to be participating. I know it's early but what am I missing? This is something I wanted to address now that folks are ready to start mocking. We have mocks set up every 10 minutes to allow people to test out the software, but it's probably not the best way to fill up leagues of serious drafters.

What I'd like to do is almost set up a "bowling night" time so that like-minded people can get together on certain days and do a serious mock. Let's say we agree that every Tuesday and Thursday at say 7 ET we do a serious NFBC mock draft. We agree that 7 ET or folks want 9 ET or whatever time we agree to that we meet each day of that week and do it with 15 like-minded individuals. Would that work better for everyone?

You folks tell me what day or days you'd like and the time and we'll start spreading the word to the NFBC group via email. Sound good? Let's take control of that draft site and get NFBC players together who just want to mock for free. I'll get it set up if that helps.

Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ando

Mock Drafting

Post by Ando » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:17 pm

It would be easier for me to participate in 9pm ET drafts. Just one man's two cents!
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Bob Enzyte

Mock Drafting

Post by Bob Enzyte » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 pm

I'd rather just go bowling.

Greg Ambrosius

Mock Drafting

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Originally posted by Ando:

It would be easier for me to participate in 9pm ET drafts. Just one man's two cents! And that's fine. Pick a day of the week where we can draft at 9 ET and hopefully enough guys will do it with us. I can even create a schedule where on Mondays and Wednesdays we'll try to draft at 9 ET and on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 ET. I would think folks would like the chance to do that a few times a week and as we get closer to the live drafts maybe we could fill up many mock drafts as folks know what time folks are congregating at draftpractice.com. Just let me know and we'll spread the word.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Don M

Mock Drafting

Post by Don M » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Can we load a player list in yet or do we have to do it for every draft?

Schwks

Mock Drafting

Post by Schwks » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 am

Great idea...I was thinking the same thing. 9 ET hopefully will enable some of those in the middle of the country and maybe even some west coasters, while allowing us east coasters to put the kids to bed.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

CC's Desperados

Mock Drafting

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Originally posted by Bob Enzyte:

I'd rather just go bowling. I'm ready for you...

Bob Enzyte

Mock Drafting

Post by Bob Enzyte » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Pick the alley on 3/24 and I'll be there.