Sometimes you get really lucky

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:26 pm

So last Sunday about 2 hours before the waiver deadline, I read that Ian Stewart took a plunking off his elbow and has a "huge" knot on his arm. Sounds bad to me. I figure he going to be out at least 3-4 days.

In my mind, this forces us to pick up a 2nd baseman in the Chicago Auction. I put three $1 bids in on players. The first guy I list, I see is batting 2nd in the lineup, is playing every day for his new team, and has a little power. I figure what the heck.

That guy - Jayson Nix. 4 homers in 3 days later, I'm feeling VERY lucky.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

So last Sunday about 2 hours before the waiver deadline, I read that Ian Stewart took a plunking off his elbow and has a "huge" knot on his arm. Sounds bad to me. I figure he going to be out at least 3-4 days.

In my mind, this forces us to pick up a 2nd baseman in the Chicago Auction. I put three $1 bids in on players. The first guy I list, I see is batting 2nd in the lineup, is playing every day for his new team, and has a little power. I figure what the heck.

That guy - Jayson Nix. 4 homers in 3 days later, I'm feeling VERY lucky. Nix was my $8 replacement for Utley this week in the main event. Absolutely incredible.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Jack,

It's your year in the main! Maybe I can hang on in the double play.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 am

That guy - Jayson Nix. 4 homers in 3 days later, I'm feeling VERY lucky. That's sweet.

I lost a Reid Brignac bid 6 weeks ago, $25-24.

My runner up for $1 was Sean Rodriguez.

Very lucky indeed...

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 am

No question, JZ, Rodriguez was a nice $1 "lucky" pickup. He has raised his Batting Average tremendously over the last few weeks.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 pm

That guy - Jayson Nix. 4 homers in 3 days later, I'm feeling VERY lucky. not sure where the "luck" comes into play. it appears to me that you executed some good skill here. obviously u weren't sold on nix as u only bid $1, but he was your first in line and u were smart enough to realize you may need a fill-in this week. good job.

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 pm

That guy - Jayson Nix. 4 homers in 3 days later, I'm feeling VERY lucky. Nice hit Jack on Nix ,i did grab him in the vegas auction for 37 and he's filled a hole.Watch what he goes for this week in mix leagues and he plays middle and corner. good luck
EDWARD J GILLIS