Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 am

Originally posted by no-you-won't:

Does the NFBC or Fanball pay you to defend them Shawn? Or is that WCOFF/WCOFB that does?

Its called a rule, and many were not/are not being followed. Or, was I in a coma and it only happened there?
I seriously can not believe how uncalled for this statement is....

Integrity should definitely not be a concern when looking in Shawn's direction.

Shawn, this goes to our discussion about those in high profile taking shots just because they are high profile.....

Exhibit A submitted for review by the court.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Glenn

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 am

It certainly reflects a disappointing attitude on the boards when highly respected members of the event are being attacked for no good reason. I can appreciate frustration with any legitimate concerns but things seem to be spiraling a bit out of control in this forum and it's really unfortunate.

[ April 19, 2010, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

no-you-won't

Post by no-you-won't » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by no-you-won't:

Does the NFBC or Fanball pay you to defend them Shawn? Or is that WCOFF/WCOFB that does?

Its called a rule, and many were not/are not being followed. Or, was I in a coma and it only happened there?

Shawn, this goes to our discussion about those in high profile taking shots just because they are high profile.....

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Look.....I see him and others constantly defending what's happened here. That's what shills do folks! I suppose you should keep drinking the Kool-Aid your government sends you, and put your head back in the sand where it belongs.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am

I like Shawn as well as anyone else in the NFBC.

That said I don't always agree with him.

I'd like to see Greg's list of those who can not be attacked on the MB and those that can.

Gerg's list so far.

Don't attack anyone from

Fanball.

Shawn Childs

Mark Srebro

Who can be attacked?

Walla

Dan

Lance

KC

and hoards of others!

;)

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Fanball asks us to save after making a bid on each player. After clicking 'save', we must click 'edit' if we want to add another player within the same box. I don't like 'save' function on a site, afterall, of course I want to save, that's why I did it! Fanball stupidity

The stupidity on my part is how many times, even knowing this, that I forget to click either save or edit. I'm a moron! Doughboy stupidity

We're all going through this angst of this change. We can blame Greg, or Ryan, or the programmers, or just Fanball, but it serves little purpose.

I lost a key pickup in one league this week. I suspect it was a glitch with the save feature, even though I had clicked save several times.

I can't be 100% sure what happened since the system isn't setup to let us know if our bids actualy registered.

That is more than a black eye Dough, that is a game-changer if this lost transaction costs me a win at season's end. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't matter, or it will turn out in my favor, but that's beside the point.

Instituting auto-save was at the top of many of our lists since the beginning, but the fantasy-baseball wisdom within the IT group decided that wasn't important. Well, it was. And it is. And I've reached the p***** off stage ... and that WILL serve a purpose - it will remind me not to invest in too many fanball leagues for football and beyond.
[/QUOTE]KJ I couldn't agree more as the "Save" and "Edit" features cost us a very important pickup in the Super league for week 3. It was an obvious mistake and when it was realized an e-mail was sent off immediately but we were told sorry nothing we can do. They do allow people to edit lineups after games start in week 1. They allow any undrafted player to be picked up as a free agent in week 1. They don't properly add in free agents that should be available this week. Yet when you make a bid on Ryan Sweeney for $41. Have to go in and delete that set of bids because the system sucks and mistakenly add in Mike Sweeney on the second go round, you win Mike sweeney and lose out on Ryan Sweeney who went for $21 as well as Rowand who you would have won and take a big zero in your OF. Obvious abuses by the likes of Gekko and I am sure others who didn't get called out are ok to allow yet obvious mistakes aren't allowed. Been without a CPU for almost 2 weeks so I know this is old news but seeing KJ's post brought it back to me, oh that and Ryan Sweeney's 7-20 with 2r 5rbi didn't help either. Can't speak for my partner but as for myself, I won't be spending a single dollar with Fanball for the NFFC. This topped it off for me and as someone stated in a prior thread let your money tell Fanball how you really feel, well that is what I will be doing.

Signed,

One very disappointed customer.....
Hard Heads

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 am

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by no-you-won't:

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Look.....I see him and others constantly defending what's happened here. That's what shills do folks! I suppose you should keep drinking the Kool-Aid your government sends you, and put your head back in the sand where it belongs.
[/QUOTE]Ryan...I didn't mean to offend you. I was talking in general about the player not added.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:01 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

I like Shawn as well as anyone else in the NFBC.

That said I don't always agree with him.

I'd like to see Greg's list of those who can not be attacked on the MB and those that can.

Gerg's list so far.

Don't attack anyone from

Fanball.

Shawn Childs

Mark Srebro

Who can be attacked?

Walla

Dan

Lance

KC

and hoards of others!

;) John, a reasonable person would understand that if people are going to act like adults here then NO ONE should be attacked. If people wish to air legitimate criticisms about things, that's fine. Lord knows Greg and I haven't shied away from any of them since the season began.

But attacking anyone here is something we strongly frown upon. And if people feel that all they can contribute to these boards are attacks on other posters then perhaps they should find something else to do with their time. Personally, I don't think asking people here to behave like adults is an unreasonable request.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 am

If you don't think shills exist in fantasy sports or other industry, then you need to get your head examined. There is tons of money there making off of you since only one person really benefits when winning a league. Add up the chips pal!

Just a sign of the times, people seem to want to look for the boogie-man behind every door. :rolleyes:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 am

nail on head tom. nail on head.

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

I can appreciate frustration with any legitimate concerns but things seem to be spiraling a bit out of control in this forum and it's really unfortunate. The NFBC just seems to be a microcosm of what is happening in our country at large
Russel -Navel Lint

-Reggie Jackson

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 am

Originally posted by Navel Lint:

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

I can appreciate frustration with any legitimate concerns but things seem to be spiraling a bit out of control in this forum and it's really unfortunate. The NFBC just seems to be a microcosm of what is happening in our country at large [/QUOTE]I'm not a sociologist but that could be the case. I'm not going to lie to you guys - I love our events and I'm very proud of what we've built. I realize mistakes were made but I really think that if we pool our resources and work to make everything better that's a more valuable use of our time then coming here and complaining about every little thing.

Don't think for a second I'm minimizing how important these leagues are to all of you because I'm not. I'd like nothing better than to have a perfect system that everyone loved and we could all sit back and just talk baseball all season long. But as Greg has said, we had people jump on us for STATS too. I strongly urge everyone to read Greg's thread about back end services because there's a lot of information in there that people need to read.

Now, we have to work to improve everything we're doing and we will do that. But coming to the boards lately is like walking through a land mine. You never know when the next bomb is going to go off and now we have people attacking a respected NFBC participant for no legitimate reason. It's crazy. It really is.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 am

When I saw the thread on the thread page say "I'm stupid for starting...." I thought for sure this was a thread that would conclude with

DOUG DAVIS :D

because that is how I feel for starting that POS for 2 starts last week! He couldn't even get a win with a 10-0 lead!!! :mad:

I might be the stupidest man alive!
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Almost forgot:

:D

In this picture, McCain bears a striking resemblance to Don Rickles.

Now, he would love these Boards.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am

I don't get it? For six years the NFBC base grew and the web site grew. But web service fell off after the buy out. Greg and Tom we're not stupid! Those of us who have payed for the last six years are asking what the heck! But the answers are how dare you! Fine kill this messege Board if you can't take the heat any longer.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

When I saw the thread on the thread page say "I'm stupid for starting...." I thought for sure this was a thread that would conclude with

because that is how I feel for starting that POS for 2 starts last week! He couldn't even get a win with a 10-0 lead!!! :mad:

I might be the stupidest man alive! That honor would belong to Doug Melvin.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:21 am

I might be the stupidest man alive! Jack,

I'll raise your Doug Davis with a Kyle Kendrick! :eek: :mad:

I agree.... I thought it was about a player that was started.....John Lackey perhaps? ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 am

I don't get it? For six years the NFBC base grew and the web site grew. But web service fell off after the buy out. Greg and Tom we're not stupid! Those of us who have payed for the last six years are asking what the heck! But the answers are how dare you! Fine kill this messege Board if you can't take the heat any longer. John, please read my post again very carefully. Please note that I said I have no problems with legitimate criticisms and concerns. Nobody is saying "How dare you?" I'm not. Greg sure isn't. The only people are going to kill this board are all of you. That's the cold, hard truth. If you turn this place into a poisonous destination nobody will want to come here anymore.

Again - and please read this twice if you have to so it sinks in - that doesn't mean we don't want to hear legitimate concerns, criticisms etc. that will make our event better. If Greg and I have proven anything over the years, it's that we do listen to what you guys have to say and we do our best to implement any changes we believe will strengthen our events in the future.

Perhaps the only option left for us is to not read every post here and not take all of the attacks as personally as we do. That's a hard habit to break but maybe that's what we need to do. I don't know.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 am

Originally posted by Hard Heads:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Fanball asks us to save after making a bid on each player. After clicking 'save', we must click 'edit' if we want to add another player within the same box. I don't like 'save' function on a site, afterall, of course I want to save, that's why I did it! Fanball stupidity

The stupidity on my part is how many times, even knowing this, that I forget to click either save or edit. I'm a moron! Doughboy stupidity

We're all going through this angst of this change. We can blame Greg, or Ryan, or the programmers, or just Fanball, but it serves little purpose.

I lost a key pickup in one league this week. I suspect it was a glitch with the save feature, even though I had clicked save several times.

I can't be 100% sure what happened since the system isn't setup to let us know if our bids actualy registered.

That is more than a black eye Dough, that is a game-changer if this lost transaction costs me a win at season's end. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't matter, or it will turn out in my favor, but that's beside the point.

Instituting auto-save was at the top of many of our lists since the beginning, but the fantasy-baseball wisdom within the IT group decided that wasn't important. Well, it was. And it is. And I've reached the p***** off stage ... and that WILL serve a purpose - it will remind me not to invest in too many fanball leagues for football and beyond.
[/QUOTE]KJ I couldn't agree more as the "Save" and "Edit" features cost us a very important pickup in the Super league for week 3. It was an obvious mistake and when it was realized an e-mail was sent off immediately but we were told sorry nothing we can do. They do allow people to edit lineups after games start in week 1. They allow any undrafted player to be picked up as a free agent in week 1. They don't properly add in free agents that should be available this week. Yet when you make a bid on Ryan Sweeney for $41. Have to go in and delete that set of bids because the system sucks and mistakenly add in Mike Sweeney on the second go round, you win Mike sweeney and lose out on Ryan Sweeney who went for $21 as well as Rowand who you would have won and take a big zero in your OF. Obvious abuses by the likes of Gekko and I am sure others who didn't get called out are ok to allow yet obvious mistakes aren't allowed. Been without a CPU for almost 2 weeks so I know this is old news but seeing KJ's post brought it back to me, oh that and Ryan Sweeney's 7-20 with 2r 5rbi didn't help either. Can't speak for my partner but as for myself, I won't be spending a single dollar with Fanball for the NFFC. This topped it off for me and as someone stated in a prior thread let your money tell Fanball how you really feel, well that is what I will be doing.

Signed,

One very disappointed customer.....
[/QUOTE]Craig, Mike admitted that he made this pickup at the last minute on his iPhone and clicked the wrong Sweeney. That being said, his bid "would have" been higher than the person who won the Sweeney bid lower than $41. So after winning bids were announced, should I really have gone in and told the owner who won him that a human error was made and really the other owner won him over you, if he had clicked the right Sweeney?? I mean, tell me, would you as a commissioner of a high-stakes league do that? Could you legally?

I get it. It's now our fault for this one. It was an admitted human error when it was called to me, but now it's the system's fault. The STATS software never would have had the Sweeneys so close together, right?

Again, should I have awarded you that winning bid even though you had the wrong Sweeney in your bid? Would that have been fair to the other owner in a Super League? How was the computer to know you selected the wrong Sweeney?
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 am

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

I can appreciate frustration with any legitimate concerns but things seem to be spiraling a bit out of control in this forum and it's really unfortunate. The NFBC just seems to be a microcosm of what is happening in our country at large [/QUOTE]Man, if this isn't the post of the year I don't know what is. Russell wins.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 am

I might be the stupidest man alive! Try stupid times three. :eek:

I have him in three leagues (including one against you), started him in all three, and was there for the Cubs Home Opener when he got rocked.

I dropped him in all three leagues yesterday. :D
Russel -Navel Lint

-Reggie Jackson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 am

I don't get it? For six years the NFBC base grew and the web site grew. But web service fell off after the buy out. Greg and Tom we're not stupid! Those of us who have payed for the last six years are asking what the heck! But the answers are how dare you! Fine kill this messege Board if you can't take the heat any longer. John, you ripped STATS and MDC.com for SIX YEARS!! For you to continually talk about how great the past was and to say how bad things are today -- didn't someone just say a total disaster when maybe this isn't completely true -- is almost hypocritical. Let's just admit it: YOU HATE EVERYTHING!!

Nah, you can rip anyone you want. Shawn is getting attacked on every message board these days in case you haven't checked out the football boards. Everyone thinks he's too close to the game operators. Maybe he actually sucks at these games and behind the scenes all of us just like his aw shucks personality and change his results for him. yeah, that's the ticket.

Nobody is off limits. If you can rip me until I'm blue in the face, go for Shawn and RT and Ryan and Dan and everyone else. What the hell, isn't that what these boards are for? Not to talk about baseball or those off to good starts, but just to let your frustrations out? Had a bad day: Walk right to the NFBC boards and kill Fanball. Trust me, you're rolling your eyes at Fanball, but they are rolling their eyes back at this scene as well.

But that's what this thread was started for. Let's all rip each other.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Craig, Mike admitted that he made this pickup at the last minute on his iPhone and clicked the wrong Sweeney. if i'm reading this correctly, it sounds like user error. now fanball is on the hook? i don't get it

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am

quote:Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

I might be the stupidest man alive! Try stupid times three. :eek:

I have him in three leagues (including one against you), started him in all three, and was there for the Cubs Home Opener when he got rocked.

I dropped him in all three leagues yesterday. :D
[/QUOTE]Thank you for commisserating with me, Russ. LOL Now I feel better. Shall we go get a beer and watch Ike Davis torch the Cubs tonight?
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 am

I might be the stupidest man alive! the 64K question...IS HE STILL ON YOUR TEAM?? ;)

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

I am sorry I did now.

This was supposed to be light-hearted.

The level of backbiting and sniping on the Boards has reached new levels.

It is too bad. STFU! :D