Order of Stats

High Octane Baseball

Order of Stats

Post by High Octane Baseball » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 pm

I know there has been alot of back and forth on here but with the live stats i would really like to see the 5 hitting and the 5 pitching categories grouped together and not have categories in between the 5...it just reads awful

Hitting

AVG R HR RBI SB then whatever else u want to add

Pitching

ERA WHIP W K SV then whatever else u want to add

I am not playing hoping my stats look like the back of my Donruss card...i just want to see the stats that matter..and thats it.

hermsmeyer

Order of Stats

Post by hermsmeyer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:59 pm

The live stats changed recently, showing they are working on things, which is great.

That said, it does read unevenly.

I agree that having the big five (with AVG either first or last, HR and RBI together of course) and then the rest would be preferable.

Thanks.

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Why are BB listed before HR and SB? The new order for live stats is still a jumbled mess!!!!

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Originally posted by jaybvl:

Why are BB listed before HR and SB? The new order for live stats is still a jumbled mess!!!! Look at a box score and you'll know why.

[ April 13, 2010, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by jaybvl:

Why are BB listed before HR and SB? The new order for live stats is still a jumbled mess!!!! Look at a box score and you'll know why. [/QUOTE]Figures, the order was probably your idea. Who cares about how many walks we have each night?

This is how it should be IMO

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W Sv K ERA WHIP

[ April 13, 2010, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: jaybvl ]

Mankind

Order of Stats

Post by Mankind » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:38 pm

C'mon guys fix this mumbled mess.....

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Why are BB listed before HR and SB? The new order for live stats is still a jumbled mess!!!! Look at a box score and you'll know why. [/QUOTE]Figures, the order was probably your idea. Who cares about how many walks we have each night?

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W Sv K ERA WHIP
[/QUOTE]Your "IMO" was overruled by management, deal with it. As for your dumba** comment about me, I told Greg not to go with what I initally recommended because, unlike you I don't think what I want is most important.

Furthermore, he stated a few days ago that he would go with a box score style layout. BB and K both show up in box scores.

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:47 pm

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W Sv K ERA WHIP
[/QUOTE]Your "IMO" was overruled by management, deal with it. As for your dumba** comment about me, I told Greg not to go with what I initally recommended because, unlike you I don't think what I want is most important.

Furthermore, he stated a few days ago that he would go with a box score style layout. BB and K both show up in box scores.
[/QUOTE]You are the only one who likes it the way it is right now. I find that really funny!

[ April 13, 2010, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: jaybvl ]

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

You are the only one who likes it the way it is right now. I find that really funny! First, you are wrong I don't like it the way it is now. I think it's better but needs improvement to be easier to read.

And second, that doesn't surprise me ... you seem easily amused, like a baby with jingling keys.

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W Sv K ERA WHIP

[/QUOTE]You are the only one who likes it the way it is right now. I find that really funny!
[/QUOTE]I am fairly certain that most others agree that your order is a jumbled mess. What a joke!!

Glenneration X

Order of Stats

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 pm

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W Sv K ERA WHIP

[/QUOTE]Kevin...you often come up with a ton of great ideas & suggestions. This is not one of them. It's confusing.

I completely agree with the suggestions that keep the five "scoring" categories together.

Glenn

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:57 pm

You think I created the MLB box score?

Thanks, but I can't take credit for that.

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Kevin...you often come up with a ton of great ideas & suggestions. This is not one of them. It's confusing.

What isn't one of them Glenn?

Glenneration X

Order of Stats

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:58 pm

That's not the point.

The only point that matters is it makes sense to keep the categories that affect the game together.

Every other stat is ancillary when it comes to this contest.

Glenn

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm

That's not the point.

The only point that matters is it makes sense to keep the categories that affect the game together.

Glenn That was my first preference.

Glenneration X

Order of Stats

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Kevin...you often come up with a ton of great ideas & suggestions. This is not one of them. It's confusing.

[/QUOTE]The order of stats that you recommend. We don't need a "box score". We aren't MLB.com. We're a fantasy contest that scores 10 categories. Those are the categories that matter, those categories should be together.

I like having ancillary stats because they matter in evaluation, but should be off to the side because they don't matter in scoring.

Glenn

Glenneration X

Order of Stats

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:01 pm

That's not the point.

Glenn That was my first preference.
[/QUOTE]Then you once again made a great suggestion....

Glenn

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm

[/QUOTE]The order of stats that you recommend. We don't need a "box score". We aren't MLB.com. We're a fantasy contest that scores 10 categories. Those are the categories that matter, those categories should be together.

I like having ancillary stats because they matter in evaluation, but should be off to the side because they don't matter in scoring.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]He is never going to get it! This has been going on for a week and now the order is worse than ever.

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Again, that was my first preference. A fantasy-logical layout. The masses weren't happy with that.

As Greg and Ryan both stated, everyone has different preferences, what jumbalaya wanted is stupid to me. What I wanted is stupid to you. So we ended up with what should be common to all baseball fans, a box score.

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

He is never going to get it! This has been going on for a week and now the order is worse than ever. What you don't get is that no one gives a sh** what you want, and what you want isn't all important.

[ April 13, 2010, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Snord35

Order of Stats

Post by Snord35 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Why is this so hard? 5X5 stats with AB/H and IP in the first column. This is all we need for live stats. League page team stats have an option of 5X5 and expanded stats with BB/K for hitters and BB, GS, etc for pitchers.

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 pm

He is never going to get it! This has been going on for a week and now the order is worse than ever. What you don't get is that no one gives a sh** what you want, and what you want isn't all important. [/QUOTE]That's fine, all I am saying is that the order, the way it is now, is unreadable as far as fantasy stats go. We are not creating baseball cards. Why do you not get that? You have created a jumbled mess. You will not find anyone that is happy with it, except you!

[ April 13, 2010, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: jaybvl ]

KJ Duke

Order of Stats

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:12 pm

He is never going to get it! This has been going on for a week and now the order is worse than ever. What you don't get is that no one gives a sh** what you want, and what you want isn't all important. [/QUOTE]That's fine, all I am saying is that the order, the way it is now, is unreadable as far as fantasy stats go. We are not creating baseball cards. Why do you not get that? You have created a jumbled mess. You don't have to get so defensive either!
[/QUOTE]How many times do I have to tell you that I did not create the order? Just because I can explain it doesn't mean I created it. I did not. Get it?

King of Queens

Order of Stats

Post by King of Queens » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:15 pm

The AB definitely should go on the far left--I think that would be the one universal agreement. My eyes were going buggy from the previous arrangement.

How about something like this?

AB H AVG R HR RBI SB BB K

4 2 .500 1 1 2 0 1 0

I'm still thinking about the pitching...

Glenneration X

Order of Stats

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:15 pm

I don't think any suggestion is stupid, but I think we should keep the stats as easy to read as possible.

What looks right to me is the follows...

AB H R HR RBI SB .AVG etc, etc, etc.

IP W S ERA WHIP K etc, etc, etc.

I think most agree with a minor variation or two.

Glenn