Questions For Greg And Tom Today

Liquidhippo

Post by Liquidhippo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:46 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Do you think by next season you'll be able to offer a multiple-lge auction contest? No. It's possible in football this year, but even there I'm skeptical. We're struggling to grow the auction league market and adding on another layer of expenses doesn't appeal to me. We didn't even get a $1300 Mixed Auction League in Las Vegas this year. We didn't get a $650 AL Auction League in New York this year. I'm not sure it's in our best interest to try a multi-layered auction contest when obviously single-league auction formats are losing popularity to draft leagues. [/QUOTE]True Greg, but I wouldn't read too much into the 'failure' to form a $1300 Mixed Auction League in Vegas Since its in the same time slot as the NL/AL Auctions. I did the Mixed in Vegas last year, this year I'm doing the AL & NL Only Auctions. As its currently setup its impossible to do both. In the end, you still ended up with 7 Auction Leagues in Vegas alone, 2 in New York(including a 1300 level Mixed), 1 in Orlando, and maybe 1 in Chicago. So you'll have 10 or 11 Auction Leagues, that's pretty good. I really think if you offered another Auction option on Saturday Night, perhaps the $2500 Super Auction, the fish would bite.

Another interesting option would be to have an 'opt-in' to a national auction competition drawing from all of the mixed leagues. There are 6 mixed(maybe 7) mixed league auctions. Present the option to 'opt-in' to a larger competition for say....$500 more. If only half signed up, you'd still be able to give out close to a 20K National Auction Prize.

[ March 06, 2008, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Liquidhippo ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Originally posted by Potter:

Greg Do you ever lament over not being able to play in your own contest? In a way, yes, but I have a feeling that right now with three kids and a busy job I'd be "dead money"!!! Well, I guess I held my own in the NFBC Content Panel League last year, but fifth place doesn't pay the bills.

I'll be in this competition someday, I guarantee you. And by then, my kids will be grown up and my son can be my right hand man. I look forward to that day a dozen or so years from now.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Is the first FAAB after the first full week of games (April 6), or the first partial week, Japan week, March 30?

[ March 06, 2008, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

cribgusto

Post by cribgusto » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Potter:

Greg Do you ever lament over not being able to play in your own contest? In a way, yes, but I have a feeling that right now with three kids and a busy job I'd be "dead money"!!! Well, I guess I held my own in the NFBC Content Panel League last year, but fifth place doesn't pay the bills.

I'll be in this competition someday, I guarantee you. And by then, my kids will be grown up and my son can be my right hand man. I look forward to that day a dozen or so years from now.
[/QUOTE]I had "Cats in the Cradle" playing in the background while reading that last paragraph. It just got really dusty in my office, or maybe someone's slicing an onion. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Is the first FAAB after the first full week of games (April 6), or the first partial week, Japan week, March 30? Sunday, March 30th.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius