Gordon Gecko Getting Pub on a National Radio Show

Heels

Post by Heels » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:43 am

Just heard him getting props for drafting Santana and winning his league. This guy is everywhere, YouTube, XM. Can't turn your head w/o hearing about this "Gecko".

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 am

Originally posted by Heels:

Just heard him getting props for drafting Santana and winning his league. This guy is everywhere, YouTube, XM. Can't turn your head w/o hearing about this "Gecko". Great. Now his ego will get even larger.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:30 am

Just heard him getting props for drafting Santana and winning his league. This guy is everywhere, YouTube, XM. Can't turn your head w/o hearing about this "Gecko". Ahhh, that was just me providing an example to Jeff Erickson of how you can draft Santana early in the NFBC and still win a title. As we both agreed, it's never easy as you then chase offense after that, but it can be done.

Now let's see if he can do it again!! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:39 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Heels:

Just heard him getting props for drafting Santana and winning his league. This guy is everywhere, YouTube, XM. Can't turn your head w/o hearing about this "Gecko". Ahhh, that was just me providing an example to Jeff Erickson of how you can draft Santana early in the NFBC and still win a title. As we both agreed, it's never easy as you then chase offense after that, but it can be done.

[/QUOTE]what a brown noser! :D

Heels

Post by Heels » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:41 am

[/QUOTE]I know, but it was funny to hear "Gordon Gecko" on my radio. I thought it was a great appearance Greg. You even managed to quickly recover after throwing a "Brad" Lyon out there :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:52 am

[/QUOTE]has anyone won their league two years in a row with picking a pitcher in round one each year?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:53 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]I know, but it was funny to hear "Gordon Gecko" on my radio. I thought it was a great appearance Greg. You even managed to quickly recover after throwing a "Brad" Lyon out there :D
[/QUOTE]My Wisconsin accent made it sound like Brad you fool. I said BRANDON!! :D Besides, why is he the closer there again??? ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 am

thanks for the mention greg. :D

Heels

Post by Heels » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]My Wisconsin accent made it sound like Brad you fool. I said BRANDON!! :D Besides, why is he the closer there again??? ;)
[/QUOTE]I guess b/c he has closed before. Managers/teams always overrate that in anointing closers.

[ February 07, 2008, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Heels ]

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:47 am

Besides, why is he the closer there again??? ;) In this case, being annointed might be the easy part. Keeping the role is another matter. I see at least three guys from that bullpen being drafted fairly regularly this March.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:14 am

Looks like we're getting famous, or at least infamous, from our monikers. Thanks, Greg!

As further evidence, in a Hardball Times article titled "First Ball Pitch," NFBC participants CC's Desperados and Fat Tub of Goo were mentioned. Author Derek Carty never actually used their real names of Shawn or Terry.

www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/first-pitch-arizona/

Nice!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:59 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Looks like we're getting famous, or at least infamous, from our monikers. Thanks, Greg!

As further evidence, in a Hardball Times article titled "First Ball Pitch," NFBC participants CC's Desperados and Fat Tub of Goo were mentioned. Author Derek Carty never actually used their real names of Shawn or Terry.

www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/first-pitch-arizona/

Nice! Terry and Shawn were schooling these guys during about 4 innings of an AFL game about the NFBC. Trust me, they were much younger than Terry and Shawn. Can you imagine those guys continually referring to Terry as Mr. Goo, or Mr. Tub?? "Thanks for the advice Mr. C.C. Yeah, thanks Mr. Desperados!!"

Classic that they didn't even get your name on the story. ;) Oh well, he mentioned my discussion on the rules of the NFBC and didn't even refer to me as Mr. Commissioner. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:32 pm

LOL Greg -- exactly how the conversation sounded in my mind.

Mr Tub! :D

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:13 am

Since he won last year, shouldn't that have been "Sir Goo" :confused:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer