NFBC Round by Round Bums - Rounds 6-10

SluggoJD

Post by SluggoJD » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:53 pm

In the first 5 rounds, there were quite a few heartbreaks, but I have a feeling going into this next phase that we'll see many more players worthy of being called a bum...

Consensus picks, once again...

Round 6 - Delmon Young, Lackey, Felix, Smoltz, Putz, Weeks, Sexson, Taveras, Harden, F Cordero, Sabathia, C Cordero, Patterson, Helton, Hamels...

(it's got to be Harden...)

And the biggest loser of the bunch is - wow, we have a controversial 3-way split decision! lol. STATs puts 'em Harden, Sexson, Weeks, while ESPN puts 'em Weeks, Sexson, Harden. Heck, let's just call all three of them what they really are this year...bums!

Round 7 - Rolen, Kazmir, Myers, Saito, Giambi, Swisher, Kinsler, C Young (P), Jenks, Glaus, Crisp, Adam LaRoche, Cain, Ray, Phillips...

(if Phillips wins, I swear I'll never play fantasy baseball again...)

And the loser is...in a landslide - Scott Rolen, who fooled a lot of people into thinking he would be better this year, after his WS heroics last October.

Round 8 - Barfield, Kendrick, Harang, Haren, Renteria, Schmidt, Cameron, T Gordon, A Gonzalez, A Gordon, Teahen, Papelbon, Uggla, Lidge, Fuentes...

(lots of disappointments there, but is has to be Schmidt)

And the loser is - Jason Schmidt of course! Tom Gordon, Barfield, and Howie Kendrick finished a distant 2nd thru 4th.

Round 9 - Schilling, Ibanez, Piazza, Bedard, Jered Weaver, Cuddyer, Huff, Francoeur, Ordonez, Chipper da Jones, C Young (OF), Valverde, Markakis, O Cabrera, Dave Roberts...

(if only my crystal ball was working last March re:Ordonez and Valverde...)

And the loser is - no surprise...the great DH experiment that flopped...Mike Piazza, with Dave Roberts not-too-far behind.

Round 10 - Overbay, Drew, Burnett, Byrnes, Johjima, Barrett, Wickman, Kent, Gagne, Freel, R Hernandez, T Jones, Posada, Ivan, Thomas...

And the loser is - from five worthy candidates (Overbay, Freel, Drew, Barrett, Hernandez) - wow, this one is really close...Michael Barrett by a nose, over both Ramon Hernandez and Ryan Freel, with Overbay a very close 4th.

Congratulations to all our winners...I mean losers, and please stay off my teams next year.

John

Mr Dalrae

Post by Mr Dalrae » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:29 am

Dear SLUGGO JD, Yes my stupidity/bad luck did indeed continue in these rounds.As I stated in the bums of rds 1-5 my rd-6 pick was Rockless Baldelli,closely followed in rd-7 by Balldelli's DL buddy Will He or Won't play Taveras.I topped it off in rd-8 with the gem of a pick......Mr. Adam LaRoche! I just loved his aprox..188 batting avg. for April and May.Well SLUGGO JD thankyou very much once again for your time and effort!
DAVID GEISINGER