Michael Caputo Wins Week 23 Prize

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:35 am

Congratulations to Michael Caputo, whose Panic team in New York League 5 topped the NFBC field last week with 3,202 points.

Leading the way offensively were Moises Alou (.474-2-4), Carlos Beltran (.348-2-7), Adrian Beltre (.333-2-7) and Alex Gordon (.318-1-7). Greg Maddux won twice, while Jered Weaver fanned 10 and Chad Cordero had three saves to lead the pitching staff.

For finishing first last week, Michael wins a Tom Seaver Framed Autographed Mets Jersey Numbers Piece courtesy of Upper Deck Authenticated. Congratulations again to Michael and good luck to everyone in the NFBC this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:17 am

In the stretch run, it’s important to have reliable and proven vets ready to step up and deliver. For Michael Caputo, a trio of proven vets made the difference in his big week in the NFBC.

Thanks to strong weeks from Carlos Beltran, Moises Alou and Greg Maddux, Captuto’s Panic team in New York League 5 topped the NFBC field last week with 3,202 points.

Leading the way offensively were Alou (.474-2-4), Beltran (.348-2-7), Adrian Beltre (.333-2-7) and Alex Gordon (.318-1-7). Maddux won twice, while Jered Weaver fanned 10 and Chad Cordero had three saves to lead the pitching staff.

“Basically, some key players got hot,” Caputo said. “Carlos Beltran and Moises Alou had outstanding weeks along with two strong starts from Greg Maddux.”

The big week helped ease some of the pain Caputo felt after having his proven Draft Day strategy falter a bit this season.

“I usually try to draft middle infielders and corners early and get value out of my outfielders and pitchers toward the end of the draft,” said Caputo, who works as a research methods analyst for the New York City Department of Probation. “It shows in my pitching this year, which is third worst in my league. I guess I’ll have to wait until next year.”

For finishing first last week, Michael wins a Tom Seaver Framed Autographed Mets Jersey Numbers Piece courtesy of Upper Deck Authenticated.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich