This years Champ For Worst Franchise Decisions

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:47 am

[ September 07, 2007, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:59 am

I know Dave Littlefield will go down as the GM that traded Rajai Davis for Matt Morris and his 10 million dollar contract. And will probably never get another job as a MLB GM.

My thought is...Shouldn't the owners of the Pirates have fired Littlefield when he approached them with the idea of trading for Morris? And now the owners have realized what has happened and fired Littlefield....not sound management.
On my tombstone-

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

I know Dave Littlefield will go down as the GM that traded Rajai Davis for Matt Morris and his 10 million dollar contract. And will probably never get another job as a MLB GM.

My thought is...Shouldn't the owners of the Pirates have fired Littlefield when he approached them with the idea of trading for Morris? And now the owners have realized what has happened and fired Littlefield....not sound management. sadly that was probably just the cherry on top of the sundae over the past 6 years of running that heaping sweet stink of an organization. The $ he threw at J.Kendall, J.Wilson. The awful FA signings like Derek Lee, J.Burnitz, T.Armas... Awful trades like J.Schmidt to SF for Rios and Vogelsong and this past one for A.Laroche. While Laroche is a good player why deal your one chip (M.Gonzalez) for a player who's only position proceeded to block a bunch of guys they already had who's best positions would be 1b

Doumit-Eldred-Nady and S.Pearce ??

oy.

Q

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:59 am

So true. The only positive deal that comes to mind during the last six years was the Giles-Bay deal.
On my tombstone-

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:02 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

So true. The only positive deal that comes to mind during the last six years was the Giles-Bay deal. :D yup. Bay and Oliver Perez for Giles. But of course he gummed that up by shipping Perez out to the mets for some cracker jack prizes. Sure he turned hideous for pitts but what did the mets do to straighten him out that pit couldnt figure out ?

He also had his hands on Chris Young the SP.