Tanaka and Hamstrings

Donacion

Tanaka and Hamstrings

Post by Donacion » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:42 pm

After watching the NHL cup playoffs and watching player after player beat the living piss out of each other I read about Tanaka blowing out both hamstrings on a routine baseball play a 90 foot run from 3rd to home. I’m a personal trainer I can’t fathom what type of training would precipitate this. Next year I got a new rule and I don’t care what type of team it leads to. If I can’t imagine the player suiting up for an NHL team I ain’t drafting them, no more blisters, sore fingers, tight quads, General soreness on and on. I saw Max Scherzer at the Washington Capitals at the hockey arena in full hockey gear that’s what I’m talking about.

Edwards Kings

Re: Tanaka and Hamstrings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 am

So your first two picks next year will be Scherzer and Bartolo Colon?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Donacion

Post by Donacion » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:14 am

Bartolo would make a great goalie. At least he pitches all his scheduled turns. I don’t have Tanaka but the blowing out double hamstrings even got my wife’s attention when she heard about this.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 am

The Stay Puff Marshmallow man is my personal hero. You are right...good, bad or otherwise he will take the ball every chance he gets. My kind of athlete!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer