Questions About New Website

bjoak

Questions About New Website

Post by bjoak » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:21 pm

These things might have been discussed ad nauseam, but I can't find the answers so any help would be great:

1. I accidentally clicked that I wanted the two step verification, which was not the worst mistake of my life but probably in the top ten. How do I get rid of it?
2. Where is ADP?
3. Will the past overall standings be moved over to the new site? If that won't happen or won't happen immediately how long do I have before the old site vanishes?
4. Are there any changes to rules of play for this season?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Tom Kessenich

Re: Questions About New Website

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:24 pm

1. Email me and I'll send to tech [email protected]

2. On your team page under Draft/ADP

3. It will down the road. 14 years of data takes time to import so it won't be happening soon but it will definitely be happening down the road.

4. Other than reducing the time in the Draft Champions and adding DC components to the Cutline and the new $50 Draft Champions no.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Thank you. So the old site will continue to be accessible at least until the start of the season?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm

bjoak wrote:Thank you. So the old site will continue to be accessible at least until the start of the season?
No, it will likely be shut down real soon. It's only open now so our tech team can take as much information as they need for the new site. Once they sign off, STATS will shut it down for good.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:25 am

bjoak wrote:Thank you. So the old site will continue to be accessible at least until the start of the season?
Let me give you an update on the site. We have asked STATS to redirect the nfbc.stats.com URL to our playnfbc.com site because too many players from last year are seeing that we're not open for business. We are still waiting for STATS to do that for us. Hopefully that will be done this week to stop the confusion.

However, the access to your old teams will continue to be available through the drafting season and likely through May. STATS is keeping that server open for all of your past teams until early summer, so feel free to continue to look at all of your old teams there. As Tom said, we have 14 years of data to transfer over here to your new teams and that is taking awhile at the time that we're also rebuilding the entire back-end game software. So that will be done around the start of the season, but at least you will have these old teams available to you through all of that.

It's the same with the Message Boards. We need to convert over to a new Message Board for baseball, football and basketball, and we will do that. If we want all past posts -- and we do -- then it's going to take some time and in fact we'll even have to shut down the boards for a day or two while we do that. But now is not the time to do that in baseball, so we're still using these boards and will let you know when we transfer over. Again, the goal is to keep our entire history intact and create a similar looking board that feels comfortable to current and new users.

So that's the plan. Hope that clears up any confusion.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius