New Site is Down

Gekko

Re: New Site is Down

Post by Gekko » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm using Chrome on a Windows machine and can access my team and draft room
I'm using Safari on an iphone and can access my team and draft room
Also, I did not do the "fix" that was posted.

Mayhem17

Post by Mayhem17 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Josh R wrote:For the integrity of the contests, I think all drafts should be paused or resumed tomorrow when everyones browsers will allow them to enter. Trying to run them now and then roll back is just asking for all sorts of issues.

Totally agree!!!
Seems to be a very swift & practical solution to all of this ...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Josh R wrote:For the integrity of the contests, I think all drafts should be paused or resumed tomorrow when everyones browsers will allow them to enter. Trying to run them now and then roll back is just asking for all sorts of issues.
Yes, all DCs are paused until 9 am ET tomorrow. I should have posted this here as well:

We apologize for this, but let's take the rest of the day off. Enough of fighting with the problem we've created.

ALL DRAFT CHAMPIONS LEAGUES ARE NOW PAUSED until 9 am ET Monday. Too many current owners are having trouble logging onto the site and it's causing more problems than you should have to handle on a Sunday. We know that overnight everyone will again gain access to the site, so let's move on.

We will unpause at 1 am ET, so if you're on the West Coast or a night owl and on the clock you can make a pick during the Pause. But every league's clock will start again tomorrow at 9 am ET. Good luck all and we apologize for this delay and inconvenience.

The Rotowire Online Championship and the NFBC $150 Draft Champions Express League tonight are both cancelled. I'll email everyone right now. We will refund everyone in those leagues and make good. We apologize but again we have too many owners in both drafts who can't get on the site right now. We've put you folks through enough today and it's not wise to continue this punishment.

We are sure that this problem will be resolved overnight when caches are cleared by Internet providers. If anyone still has a problem tomorrow please let us know. Again, SORRY for ruining a good day of drafting. We apologize.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Why can't you allow pix to be made while the clock is paused just like overnight? Shouldn't be any harm in that. Nobody would be timed out but those that are up that can get in can make pix.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Daren E wrote:Why can't you allow pix to be made while the clock is paused just like overnight? Shouldn't be any harm in that. Nobody would be timed out but those that are up that can get in can make pix.
Because too many folks couldn't get into the draft room while others could. This was the best alternative to just Pause every league and start every one at the same time. The fix for everyone will happen overnight and away we go.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:06 pm

The problem they are having is somewhat complex and depending how good their IT folks and hosting services are... well, it may be some time... A quick work around that has been working all day for me is download this program https://ultrasurf.us/ and Unzip it. First though shut your browsers down, make sure you have a good internet connection and then run the u1704.EXE in the Zip file, then launch your browser... should work fine.... The program is safe also... Wont go into why it works, but it does, other than it has to do with Traffic mapping..

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Outlaw wrote:The problem they are having is somewhat complex and depending how good their IT folks and hosting services are... well, it may be some time... A quick work around that has been working all day for me is download this program https://ultrasurf.us/ and Unzip it. First though shut your browsers down, make sure you have a good internet connection and then run the u1704.EXE in the Zip file, then launch your browser... should work fine.... The program is safe also... Wont go into why it works, but it does, other than it has to do with Traffic mapping..

Huh?????
Lol

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 pm

What works is if I type in the site and the site comes up.
Anything less, gobbledygook.
All good in the morrow.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 am

The clock is running in the 2-hour Cutline draft though it should be paused since its 1:17am CT
The 4-hour Cutline I’ve seen is paused so this must be on a case-by-case basis.

Thought you might want a heads-up.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:51 am

Site seems to be down again. I was able to get on about 1:30 but now nothing?

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:42 am

Ok so computer seems to be working but not phone. And I won't be around a computer for 12 hrs I have to draft from phone during day.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 am

Ok so computer seems to be working but not phone. And I won't be around a computer for 12 hrs I have to draft from phone during day.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:26 am

Seems to be working now

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:36 am

iPhone and Mac working fine this am
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

southpaw23

Post by southpaw23 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 am

I still can't get in

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 am

And I stand corrected.

I can load the website now and view my team pages but can't access the draft room.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Dat Bum

Post by Dat Bum » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:46 am

Still can't access the draft room from my iPhone or computer.

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:59 am

rkulaski wrote:And I stand corrected.

I can load the website now and view my team pages but can't access the draft room.
That is exactly how it went for me too at 1 am. And now I'm back to no access at all (iPad).

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:08 am

Okay, this isn't a good answer, but anyone who is having tech problems do this for me: Email me at [email protected], tell me what device you're on (iPad, iPhone, Mac) and what browser you are using. If I have to get a tech guy on the phone with you I will. All caches should have been cleared out last night by all Internet providers, but if not we'll see if we can help you do that right now.

The site is working, it's pointing you to the wrong NFBC site. That's on us. Let's get your device to point to the right site, right draft room and get this fixed once and for all. VERY sorry about this. Let's get it right.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:14 am

It was on then off for me this morning. I reset my modem and router, and now I'm back on for now......

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am

croakerkane wrote:It was on then off for me this morning. I reset my modem and router, and now I'm back on for now......
Resetting the modem is one way of the steps being recommended. Thanks for posting that.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:31 am

One phone user said he shut off the WiFi on his phone and was able to access everything without issue. If others can try that let us know if that is a fix. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:31 am

I know many of you have tried this already, but the problem involves the cache on devices because of our mistake. If you can, try this again and even reboot your router one time:

Okay, here is the workaround to get back on the site if you're still unable to do so. It will take about 2 minutes to do and you won't have any problems going forward. We apologize profusely for this, but hopefully you will be back and drafting soon:

Here you go:
On windows, through the Start menu - use the Search to find CMD - open that
type ipconfig /flushdns

On a mac:
Search for terminal in the search bar at top - open
type ipconfig /flushdns

That will flush out our old cache that caused the problem and link you to the site. The draft rooms are working and running as is. That has never been the problem. But pointing everyone to the right URL is now the problem. Flush out the old cache and you will be good to go for current drafts and back on the site.

Let's try this one more time and if that doesn't work email me and we'll get on the phone with you. We'll get tech support on the phone and see if we can't clear out that cache for you. Sorry all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

southpaw23

Post by southpaw23 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am

I've tried the terminal thing on my mac, I've tried Chrome and Safari. I also tried turning off wifi and nothing has worked for me so far.

Brickdust

Post by Brickdust » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 am

OK.....I'm on the west coast......got up dutifully at 6 AM....on a windows comp....tried to log in......nada......shut down comp and booted modem......nada......did the ipconfig thing to my CMD and was told I successfully flushed my dns.....now I'm into the draft room