New Site is Down

DOUGHBOYS

Re: New Site is Down

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

I get the same problems sometimes when trying to enter contests.
It only happens on this site when I am told that I have too many redirections or need to clear cookies.
Can the site be strengthened or whatever it is called, to avoid this?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Nothing working for me Computer or IPad
jody ryan

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 pm

That is not working, and how many drafters are watching the message boards (on the old site) to make that fix. My wife's pc has never even visited the NFBC site (thank God) and it still doesn't connect.

TerryPass

Post by TerryPass » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, here is the workaround to get back on the site if you're still unable to do so. It will take about 2 minutes to do and you won't have any problems going forward. We apologize profusely for this, but hopefully you will be back and drafting soon:

Here you go:
On windows, through the Start menu - use the Search to find CMD - open that
type ipconfig /flushdns

On a mac:
Search for terminal in the search bar at top - open
type ipconfig /flushdns

That will flush out our old cache that caused the problem and link you to the site. The draft rooms are working and running as is. That has never been the problem. But pointing everyone to the right URL is now the problem. Flush out the old cache and you will be good to go for current drafts and back on the site.

Thanks all and we are VERY SORRY for this mishap. Can't have it happen again. Thanks and good luck.

Email me at [email protected] if you need further help.

Problem is only a small percentage of people are accessing this site for updates

BEF

Post by BEF » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:57 pm

Nothing is working for me either. Flushed DNS, rebooted, flushed again, tried different browsers. Nada.
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Nothing is working for me either. Flushed DNS, rebooted, flushed again, tried different browsers. Nada.

Same here
jody ryan

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 pm

TerryPass wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, here is the workaround to get back on the site if you're still unable to do so. It will take about 2 minutes to do and you won't have any problems going forward. We apologize profusely for this, but hopefully you will be back and drafting soon:

Here you go:
On windows, through the Start menu - use the Search to find CMD - open that
type ipconfig /flushdns

On a mac:
Search for terminal in the search bar at top - open
type ipconfig /flushdns

That will flush out our old cache that caused the problem and link you to the site. The draft rooms are working and running as is. That has never been the problem. But pointing everyone to the right URL is now the problem. Flush out the old cache and you will be good to go for current drafts and back on the site.

Thanks all and we are VERY SORRY for this mishap. Can't have it happen again. Thanks and good luck.

Email me at [email protected] if you need further help.

Problem is only a small percentage of people are accessing this site for updates

The other problem is that when folks type into the site, it should work..... without a 'fix'.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 pm

I did all the steps and can get on the site then get to my team page but can't enter drafts. Also what about phones?

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Me neither. And my two friends can't get in either. One is a new player that we got in this year. Neither even knows how to get to the message boards, and then we get a "fix" for OUR computers on those message boards that doesn't work? I understand and I will still promote the NFBC as the best thing going, but this is a bit much right now. Thankfully I'm not in a live draft right now.

anelson97

Post by anelson97 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm

I can not get in on laptop, or Phone... cleared cache, flushed DNS.. .still no dice! I as able to click on the link on the email sent to me with pick ad get in to adjust my que.... but can not get back in

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:09 pm

I tried the ipconfig and flush dns in the terminal, reboot, etc and still can't get access.
Please help.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

thepats

Post by thepats » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:10 pm

I'm in 3 drafts and can't get into any of them. Tried Greg's suggestion, tried different browsers, cleared cache in browsers. Nothing. I'm a big fan of Greg, Tom and NFBC. IT department not so much.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm

croakerkane wrote:Me neither. And my two friends can't get in either. One is a new player that we got in this year. Neither even knows how to get to the message boards, and then we get a "fix" for OUR computers on those message boards that doesn't work? I understand and I will still promote the NFBC as the best thing going, but this is a bit much right now. Thankfully I'm not in a live draft right now.
Yeah, it's less than ideal. For some people it might take until the Internet provider flushes out the cache over night to fix this problem. I'm searching for one final step to help. Asking now.

Email me if I can help at all with an upcoming pick or if you want to get on the phone to make a pick. Tom, Darik and I are here to help and we thought this step would work. It is working for some, but for others it's not clearing out that old cache. If we have to pause your draft we will. Sorry everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:15 pm

thepats wrote:I'm in 3 drafts and can't get into any of them. Tried Greg's suggestion, tried different browsers, cleared cache in browsers. Nothing. I'm a big fan of Greg, Tom and NFBC. IT department not so much.
Email or call me and I'll jump in to help. If we can help you get through today's picks we'll be fine tomorrow.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm

is the DC Express set for tonight going to run?

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Have you notified all the new players that have never heard of or signed up for the message boards? We could be in for a long ordeal in our drafts. And maybe a phone call or text would be best because we all know they don't get emails from the NFBC. :D Just a little joke to lighten the mood

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Gekko wrote:is the DC Express set for tonight going to run?
As of now, yes. I am going to reach out to everyone now to see if all can get on.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BATS

Post by BATS » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

no luck here still...don't know if I want back in though...took corey dickerson yesterday...see today he got cut...

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Message boards keep kicking me out also. No idea what that's about

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Just got logged out of message boards and the site said I had exceeded the maximum number of login attempts?
Also I got into draft but got kicked out can’t get back in
It’s not fixed
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Pause my draft, please.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Greg or Tom,

I can't get into either of my 2 drafts.

I don't mind using my iPhone 6 to draft but I can't access the website on the iPhone 6 either.
Any suggestions for phone access ??
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm

For the integrity of the contests, I think all drafts should be paused or resumed tomorrow when everyones browsers will allow them to enter. Trying to run them now and then roll back is just asking for all sorts of issues.

Dat Bum

Post by Dat Bum » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Safari was working briefly for me but even that isn't an option now.

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Followed steps, still no access. I had set auto through round 39 of current draft which I believe is now in round 40. Have no idea what players were taken the last 2 rounds.