SOLD OUT: NFBC Platinum League, Saturday, March 24th

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: NFBC Platinum League, Saturday, March 24th

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 am

SOLD OUT: The 5th annual NFBC Platinum League is now Sold Out and we are ready to go. This great private league with a $120,000 grand prize will be held at the Bellagio in the Grand Ballroom on Saturday, March 24th at 6 pm PT. We have 15 great owners ready to go and we look forward to another great, great league.

Just a reminder that this is the only league in the NFBC where we use FAAB money to bid for your draft spots. We do this live in Las Vegas in the Spa Tower in an Executive Penthouse suite around 9 pm PT. Everyone either has to be there or make arrangements with me or Tom to have a proxy make your bidding for draft spots. We start with Pick 1 and have open bidding until someone wins with the high bid. All bids are in increments of $10 and every spot will go for at least $10. We subtract your winning bid from your $1,000 FAAB total and your remaining total is what you have left for the rest of the season. Plan accordingly and be ready to join us in Las Vegas on Thursday night, March 22nd.

We know that there was extra demand for this league, but the vast majority of players from last year secured their spots for this year's Platinum League by the Dec. 31st deadline. We always give last year's participants first dibs on these private leagues. I still have one spot I need to double-check with before finalizing this list and I'll reach out to anyone still on the waiting list. Thanks to everyone who showed interest in this great league and I'm sorry to anyone who wasn't able to get in. If there is demand for one more higher dollar league yet this year, we will find a spot for that league on the schedule.

Okay, here's the current lineup card for this league and plan accordingly for the Draft Spot Night:

NFBC PLATINUM LEAGUE
LAS VEGAS
Bellagio Las Vegas
Saturday, March 24, 6 pm PT
1. Bill Phipps/Eric Kesselman
2. Rob Silver
3. Will Tyrer
4. Larry Schechter
5. Derek Pierson
6. KC Cha
7. Joseph Martens
8. John Thaler
9. Donn Johnson
10. Glenn Lowy
11. Nick Cassavetes
12. Jim Ferrari
13. Jason Duponte
14. Andy Robinson
15. Jon Stadtmueller

Here are the past NFBC Platinum League champions:

2014 - Donn Johnson & Gino Yu
2015 - Nick Cassavetes and James Stanard (tied for 1st)
2016 - Dave Potts
2017 - Bill Phipps & Eric Kesselman
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius