Vegas MTM Party 2018: Episode III, Friday, 3/23 9:00 P.M.!

Baseball Furies

Re: Vegas MTM Party 2018: Episode III, Friday, 3/23 9:00 PM

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 pm

At 22 guests now and counting! Let's shoot for 30+ and make this the biggest NFBC Vegas Party yet! I have also been getting numerous requests for a reprisal of the "Midnight Madness" Draft like we held last year at the party. Nothing too mentally strenuous, just a little live Rotowire 12-Team Championship contest so that it can be done if you're half in the bag or half asleep which is pretty much how most of you on the guest list draft anyway even on your best days. :lol: So if I were to make this happen, who would want a piece of this action at a measly $350 buy-in and another guarantee from Greg that someone from this league will at least finish in the top-five of the overall standings and perhaps win the whole damn thing which was nearly the case for a while there last year? :o :P So let me know ASAP. I think I have this thing half filled already. Unfortunately, my extremely innovative and brilliantly conceived "Vegas Crap Shoot" Draft concept will have to wait until next year until I get approval from corporate which is code for certain heads getting removed from asses! :mrgreen: :lol:

Also, please make note of the new party start time in order to accommodate certain people's early bed times, mainly the Guest of Honor's, Dan Doughboys Kenyon and Mr. Fantasy Lightweight's, Juprinka. :P :mrgreen:

This should still give those of you wrapping up your afternoon auctions plenty of time to arrive for the start of the evening's festivities. :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

JohnP

Re: Vegas MTM Party 2018: Episode III, Friday, 3/23 10:00 P.

Post by JohnP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

Dave Vander? Jay Lyons? Satellite Coz? Radio celeb Modica? Rain Main? Stadts?

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:41 am

So what’s the round about start time and end time for this thing?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 pm

JohnP wrote:Dave Vander? Jay Lyons? Satellite Coz? Radio celeb Modica? Rain Main? Stadts?
All ducking us for various bullshit reasons instead of joining their fellow NFBC brothers for this great night spent with them and especially me. :mrgreen: And you forgot to mention everyone's favorite invisible pig farmer. :P
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 pm

Doctor Who wrote:So what’s the round about start time and end time for this thing?
This "thing" as you have so vulgarly referred to, Mr. Wagner, happens to be the must-attend affair out in Vegas the second weekend of the NFBC, and it will start at about 9:00 p.m. EST and wrap up whenever, probably culminating in this year's "Midnight Madness" Draft offering which you should consider yourself lucky to be a part of should I allow you in out of the goodness of my heart. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:54 am

Still taking sign-ups for the social of event of the second weekend in Vegas...and quite frankly, THE BEST social event of the entire NFBC live event weekends! This one is not to be missed. So if you would like in, let me know. I'll be working on all the extremely important final details like the bar and other amenities for this gig this coming week, as well as letting everyone know on the price of admission. Keep in mind that this will all be at an extremely low cost as compared to years prior when we've had to go it alone and foot the entire bill for this bad boy, which now makes it also extremely accessible for the tight wads like Juprinka and Duke to attend. So we'll all be graced with their presence this year as well. :P This is all made possible after both intense political pressure and legal negotiations made Greg finally cave and foot the bill for the suite for us! :o :mrgreen: He is also making sure that we have the one with the balconies so that those of us who partake can again enjoy our scotches and cigars while overlooking the spectacular views of the Bellagio Fountains and the Vegas Strip at night. And to cap off the evening in fittingly grand fashion, once again "Midnight Madness" will return for it's second annual installment hosted in the suite and moderated by Darik Buchar so there will be no bitching and whining about it when it's past certain people's bedtimes. So if you want a spot, this will be a 12-Team Live Rotowire Championship event at the $350 level. Sign up for this on the separate thread I have created for this here on these boards, and for additional details. Sure to be a blast doing another one of these drunk, tired, and mostly incoherent! :lol:

Baseball Furies

Re: Vegas MTM Party 2018: Episode III, Friday, 3/23 9:00 P.M

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm

The "Midnight Madness" Draft Event is almost filled, so in case you missed it on the other thread, be sure to jump in now if you're interested. Going to be an absolute blast and all that it's advertised to be. :)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:29 am

Looks like we are at right about 30 guests as of now which is an awesome turnout. This includes Greg, Tom, and Darik who all will undoubtedly consume more than their fair share of adult beverages despite their alligator arms when it comes to kicking in for the bar tab. :roll: :lol: Anyone else wanting in, the more the merrier! Just let me know.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote: 7. Glenn Lowy
Glenn Lowy? Glenn Lowy? There has been a Glen Lowy sighting? What...was he having lunch with Bigfoot?

Seriously, if anyone is on the fence about attending, jump off on the right side. Unfortunately I will not be in Vegas this year or I would certainly be there as I had a blast last year. Certain things are worth the price of admissions:

1) Confirmation that MtM does not shout everything he says in bold-faced type.
2) Meet MtM wife. A very nice lady who I truly enjoyed having a conversation with last year (though I wonder what a woman of such grace and deportment is doing with a mook like MtM).
3) Meet Dan Kenyon. A little known fact...Dan was Charles Schultz's inspiration for one of his characters "Pigpen" though not because he was dirty. Dan shows up in a cloud of Dorito dust.
4) Watch Dan Semsel fall asleep, then wake up and shout a random third-baseman's name.
5) Grab a fine cigar on the balcony, look out over the Bellagio fountain, and wonder what the less privileged are doing just then.

In short, good fun, good fellowship, and a room full of people to take baseball with. Show me where you can get that anywhere else?
Hey Wayne Buddy! Alive and well over here and Big Foot asked that I send his regards. ;-)

Now what's this rumor of you not doing Vegas this year?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:41 pm

Updated guest list to date above. Who else would like to join this motley crew of NFBC misfits and riff-raff? C'mon,
we're even more fun when inebriated! :mrgreen:

And still at least ONE SPOT LEFT for the "Midnight Madness" draft event that night.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:17 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Edwards Kings wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote: 7. Glenn Lowy
Glenn Lowy? Glenn Lowy? There has been a Glen Lowy sighting? What...was he having lunch with Bigfoot?

Seriously, if anyone is on the fence about attending, jump off on the right side. Unfortunately I will not be in Vegas this year or I would certainly be there as I had a blast last year. Certain things are worth the price of admissions:

1) Confirmation that MtM does not shout everything he says in bold-faced type.
2) Meet MtM wife. A very nice lady who I truly enjoyed having a conversation with last year (though I wonder what a woman of such grace and deportment is doing with a mook like MtM).
3) Meet Dan Kenyon. A little known fact...Dan was Charles Schultz's inspiration for one of his characters "Pigpen" though not because he was dirty. Dan shows up in a cloud of Dorito dust.
4) Watch Dan Semsel fall asleep, then wake up and shout a random third-baseman's name.
5) Grab a fine cigar on the balcony, look out over the Bellagio fountain, and wonder what the less privileged are doing just then.

In short, good fun, good fellowship, and a room full of people to take baseball with. Show me where you can get that anywhere else?
Hey Wayne Buddy! Alive and well over here and Big Foot asked that I send his regards. ;-)

Now what's this rumor of you not doing Vegas this year?
I was getting worried there a bit, my friend. You must have been pretty busy because you were not on the Boards much. Anyway, tell Bigfoot he still owes me money!

Yup...no Vegas this year. My eldest is in a last semester at NYU, so I will see you in New York Saint Paddy's Day weekend and I am really looking forward to it. Now, if I can just find some grits when I get up there....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 am

Wayne, I am counting you in to join us for the post draft festivities after the MTM Ultimate in NYC on Friday night even if Lowy is blowing us off this year. Your first fruity southern drink is on me. Let me know if you would like it with or sans little umbrella. :mrgreen: :lol:

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 am

Baseball Furies wrote:Wayne, I am counting you in to join us for the post draft festivities after the MTM Ultimate in NYC on Friday night even if Lowy is blowing us off this year. Your first fruity southern drink is on me. Let me know if you would like it with or sans little umbrella. :mrgreen: :lol:
Now Mike, you know those fruity little drinks were invented by your wussy brethren on the Jersey Shore. In the South (that is THE South), we drink our liquor straight or on the rocks (the really tough Southerners use real rocks).

I would not miss it for the world. I will have my liquor smooth and silky, just like me. Pappy 23, please!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:Wayne, I am counting you in to join us for the post draft festivities after the MTM Ultimate in NYC on Friday night even if Lowy is blowing us off this year. Your first fruity southern drink is on me. Let me know if you would like it with or sans little umbrella. :mrgreen: :lol:
Now Mike, you know those fruity little drinks were invented by your wussy brethren on the Jersey Shore. In the South (that is THE South), we drink our liquor straight or on the rocks (the really tough Southerners use real rocks).

I would not miss it for the world. I will have my liquor smooth and silky, just like me. Pappy 23, please!
:lol: Now that's what I like to hear, Wayne. You'll fit right in! Looking forward to seeing you in NYC. 8-)

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi Mike,

Can you put me (Dan DaSilva) and my cousin Antonio Soares down for the party? Also message me payment options or we can do cash in person. I’m good either way and look forward to this event.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:38 am

Wolfpac wrote:Hi Mike,

Can you put me (Dan DaSilva) and my cousin Antonio Soares down for the party? Also message me payment options or we can do cash in person. I’m good either way and look forward to this event.
You got it, Dan. I have you guys down. Will contact you on payment options as soon as everything is finalized on my end.
Looking forward to meeting you guys out there. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Quick update and a heeads up. Had a good call with Greg yesterday (yeah, we spoke, and there wasn't even any yelling or threats of getting rid of me this time :mrgreen: ), and we're working on pulling this all together. Greg was able to secure the same room we had last year with the balconies which he graciously is picking the tab up for (see what a little Jersey diplomacy can do? :lol: ). I am in touch with catering and setting us up with an open bar for about three hours again and will take care of all the snacks, pizza, wings, etc. and additional beverages including some top shelf Gallo wines for KJ. :mrgreen: We will also be holding the "Midnight Madness" draft in the suite again this year with Darik handling the facilitating. I will be prepping everything for the "Iron Balls" KDS draw like we did last year, and we should be going by around 11:30 p.m. at the latest, but more on this on the other thread.

So now for the cost. I'm only going to need to collect $100 a head this year (last year it was $150 when we had to absorb the cost of the room). And just so everyone knows, I still took a serious bath on the final cost last year, but I was happy to do it and take one for the team. :D Hopefully this year it will be a bit more manageable in the end with the variable being just how much this group of borderline alcoholics will be consuming. :lol: This fee covers the room and bar set up, the bartender, the elevator attendant to keep out the riff-raff, i.e. the Hinkelman's, and all the snacks, food, and little extras. Please PayPal me: [email protected] or email me to this same email to set up alternate payment arrangements. I need to front a lot of this money soon, so the sooner the better on getting the funds to me. Thanks boys! And by the way, if you have been trying to PM me, email me instead. The messages are stuck in limbo, so I can't retrieve any of them. Thank you STATS. :roll:

Oh, and Tom said he is arranging the hookers, so this is on him if anyone has any special requests. You can pick out who you like below. He sent me a brochure. :oops: :shock:

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Baseball Furies wrote: Image[/b]
1) Why are they all from New Jersey?
2) $100! What happened to $75? Seems like a shakedown.
3) Last year; glass of watery punch, bowl of chips and a hot dog. Store cost $1.85. Massotto charge $150.00 and lost money. Is your accountant embezzling or did that include cost of first class transport from Newark?
4) Gallo wine = I'm paying in pesos, and not even the Canadian ones like Gae.
Last edited by KJ Duke on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:07 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
3) Last year; glass of watery punch, bowl of chips and a hot dog. Store cost $1.85. Massotto charge $150.00 and lost money. Is your accountant embezzling or did that include cost of first class transport from Newark?
3) Gallo wine = I'm paying in pesos, and not even the Canadian ones like Gae.
1) You noticed that too KJ?
2) Thought the same thing. But Italian name, New Jersey, I'm just going to pay and move on.
3) See above
4) For shame. Though Gallo may be the '55 Margaux for the Least Coasters

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:07 pm

:lol:

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:03 am

The last bastion of politically incorrect humor. This is why I fit in so well with you guys...

Charles Krauthammer

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm

The check is in the mail, Mikey
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:44 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
4) Gallo wine = I'm paying in pesos, and not even the Canadian ones like Gae.

Let's see, "watery punch", "bowl of chips", and a "hot dog"?! Where the fuck were you last year? Partying with these hookers at the local Hooters? Because it was sure as shit not in the suite with us, because I did it first class all the way. I do understand that you still have a bug up your ass because there wasn't any top shelf wine for you, but rest assured I will make up for that for you this year you big baby. :P So just do like everyone else has been doing and fork over the $100, and consider yourself privileged to be a part of this great social event with such a high class of people who you don't normally get the chance to hang out with.

And before anyone else starts potentially moaning about the price of admission, it wasn't me who drank nearly $2000 worth of alcohol that I ended picking up the difference on that wasn't covered by the exorbitant price of admission last year.
I mean, Geez, fucking Juprinka alone smoked about a 100 bucks in cigars. :roll: :mrgreen: So pipe down and keep those payments coming! Thanks all. Can't wait to see everyone out in Vegas in less than three weeks! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Fourslot40 wrote::lol:
Hey John, just email me your cell when you get a chance ([email protected]). Not getting PM's. This is my PayPal email as well by the way. Thanks bud. See you for your bitch-slapping in Vegas. ;) :lol:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Hey MOUTH wasn't all me... I recall Lowry's posse puffin up quite a storm also...
Attachments
b520fcdf35ed88e5195c5c162908c852.jpg
b520fcdf35ed88e5195c5c162908c852.jpg (49.85 KiB) Viewed 7666 times