NFBC New FAAB: See Instructional Video For Tips

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC New FAAB: See Instructional Video For Tips

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm

So the IT team worked closely with Darik Buchar to create our new FAAB software. We know how important it is to save time for all of you during the week and especially on Sundays when it comes to managing your NFBC teams. Our primary goal this off-season was to save time for all of you in free agency and to make it easier to target certain free agents during the week and to make those FAAB lists for each of your different teams on Sundays.

So the new FAAB software is completed and before rolling it out on all of your team pages we decided to create an instructional video for everyone to see first. Darik created this today and easily points out the various features. It's about a 25-minute video explaining these new features:

The Watch List: This is designed to put players aside during the week and make it less time consuming to create each free agent list for your various teams. Check this feature out.

Conditional Bids: I think STATS created the best FAAB system with the easiest-to-use Conditional Bid list. But we've improved that by adding more features to setting the prices for those conditional bids. This should save you time during those last minute changes by just adding players at the price levels you want to duplicate. Darik explains this in detail here.

Those are the two biggest changes. Check out the video here:

https://youtu.be/6w-n0YHV68w

If you have further questions or further enhancements you'd like to see, let us know here. Let's use this thread to have a conversation on how this works and how it could work even better than what we had before. Darik will answer all questions and be the go-between with the NFBC players and the IT team. As you can see from the video, the software works very well as is. Use that Watch List to start your work and then grab players from that list for each various team. Time is money, so let's save you a lot of time and earn you a lot of money!! 8-)

Thanks to all of the early testers for their feedback. It was especially helpful with the improvement to the Conditional Bids features. And thanks for any and all feedback you can provide here. Working together, we know we can make this the best FAAB system in the industry. Let's do it. Thanks all and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B

Re: NFBC New FAAB: See Instructional Video For Tips

Post by Darik B » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Make sure you watch in 1080p

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Universal watch list populating into all your leagues & being able to see if owned or not = GOOD.

Bid amount changing as you drag &'drop = GOOD.

Limited waterfall of conditonal bids to allow last minute bids on the top of the bid string was the right call.

Layout looks visually appealing & clean & looks user friendly. By the looks of it to me this should be one of the best FAAB systems out there.

Now I hope live scoring will be a hit as well. Don't underestimate the importance of having a visually appealing live scoring with scrolling-to-other-teams-functionality. I am anxious to see that as well.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 am

For the example of it being 9:59 and wanting to change a players bid, I still would need to go to each individual league to change the bid correct?

Also, is there a way where we could maybe have a drop down window to get to each different league in faab without having to back out to league page and then click on different teams? Just like how stats had? Maybe it’s in there but haven’t seen or played around with it as much.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 am

Guys - Great work on the FAAB system. It looks really good. Very nice job with the video, Darik. These improvements should make FAAB easier and save time. In fact, they looked so I good I went ahead and bought another FAAB team this morning. :D

Also want to second Dusty's request to have a one-click option to move from team to team in FAAB, rather than having to make multiple clicks and go back to the My Teams page. Maybe this capability already exists, but I did not see it in the video. Down the road, it also would be great if we could copy a FAAB "string" from one league to another. For instance, Prospect X gets called up midweek, or Closer Y loses his job and gets replaced by Set-Up Guy Z. When stuff like that happens, I'll often find myself making the same or very similar bids in many leagues. I realize that this might be difficult to program because Prospect X and/or Set-Up Guy Z already may be owned in two of an owner's ten leagues, but if there was a way to copy a string from one league to others and then tweak it, that would save time from having to type up the same string in multiple leagues. Importantly, in the grand scheme of things, these are relatively minor "wants" - the set-up looks great and the video was very helpful. Thanks!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 am

Mike, you read my mind on your last want. Like if there was a way to copy a string league to league and if player x was already owned in that league he would just be left off string. Sounds way easier I’m sure talking about it rather than programming it so won’t hold my breath on that one but would be an amazing add. But if that simple toggle was added would save a whole bunch of time. Thanks for the sneak peek into faab though. Thanks for the hard work put into everything already.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am

Doctor Who wrote:For the example of it being 9:59 and wanting to change a players bid, I still would need to go to each individual league to change the bid correct?

Also, is there a way where we could maybe have a drop down window to get to each different league in faab without having to back out to league page and then click on different teams? Just like how stats had? Maybe it’s in there but haven’t seen or played around with it as much.
Yes, I believe those pulldowns will still be there for FAAB, Set Lineup and other features we had before. I'll double-check to make sure, but that's essential for sure. The last thing we want is to have you go back into each team and then go back to FAAB and start all over. So I'm sure the pulldowns will be added to this page.

Good suggestions on the rest. Keep 'em coming and we'll work with IT on all of this. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am

All,

My apologies. The "PullDown/Toggle Between Teams" option is already in place. I simply forgot to use it in the video (stupid Minnesotan :D ).

When you watch the video, you see my team name show prominently throughout: "Dev Main Event" Had I simply clicked on that, the pulldown menu comes down and I could have toggled over to my Cutline team right then and there. Also, this option is available on every gameplay page, not just FAAB. The order of those teams on that pulldown is how you have them ordered on your own "My Teams" page.

Sorry again for not using this in the video.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 am

Darik B wrote:All,

My apologies. The "PullDown/Toggle Between Teams" option is already in place. I simply forgot to use it in the video (stupid Minnesotan :D ).

When you watch the video, you see my team name show prominently throughout: "Dev Main Event" Had I simply clicked on that, the pulldown menu comes down and I could have toggled over to my Cutline team right then and there. Also, this option is available on every gameplay page, not just FAAB. The order of those teams on that pulldown is how you have them ordered on your own "My Teams" page.

Sorry again for not using this in the video.
Darik - No apology necessary - it was an excellent video and very helpful. The fact that the ability to jump from team to team with a single click already exists is just more good news.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am

This is a great addition to help manage your teams. No doubt about that. Now we have another addition to make drafts move along more smoothly: Multi-Round Ques. It was just added to all draft rooms and I'll announce it on another thread. Check it out.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Here is today's podcast discussing both FAAB & Multi-Round Queue additions. I will post on the other thread as well.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hsfa/2018/ ... und-queues

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 am

Just watched the video - great job
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

judydon

Post by judydon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 am

What is wrong with playnfbc.com. Looks like an insurance site?

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am

Hi,
great to see development here. Apologies as my sound is broken so I probably missed a few things.

1. I don't see an ability to select time frames on the screener for Free Agents? this is key to understanding how pitchers and hitters roles are changing. Or is it hiding some where on the screen?

2. I want to re-emphasize the point around copying a thread between league (as Greg knows I have been advocating for 10 years on this!). If you solve this I can buy more leagues, it is that simple. People always neg this by saying: "all players aren't in all leagues". This is simple. Copy it and give a results page where the exceptions are noted, with links to each so you can go customize..

3. In a future world, the FAAB system could have an integrated control panel of all your bids and let you see in one screen all of your bidding....

Thanks for the work, glad to see key features like "starting" as part of the data set.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 am

Ok, on #1 I think you are asking about time stamps of when players enter the Free Agent pool. This will be there. It wasn't in the video as I was in our "Dev" world. I can show when it is pushed out live to you guys, but it will be there, for sure.

On #2: We understand how great this concept would be. We are talking with IT about it, but the coding for this could monstrous. I can't give a concrete answer yet on this.

#3: Again, great concept. We would love to get here if possible.
Chthroop wrote:Hi,
great to see development here. Apologies as my sound is broken so I probably missed a few things.

1. I don't see an ability to select time frames on the screener for Free Agents? this is key to understanding how pitchers and hitters roles are changing. Or is it hiding some where on the screen?

2. I want to re-emphasize the point around copying a thread between league (as Greg knows I have been advocating for 10 years on this!). If you solve this I can buy more leagues, it is that simple. People always neg this by saying: "all players aren't in all leagues". This is simple. Copy it and give a results page where the exceptions are noted, with links to each so you can go customize..

3. In a future world, the FAAB system could have an integrated control panel of all your bids and let you see in one screen all of your bidding....

Thanks for the work, glad to see key features like "starting" as part of the data set.

tslive

Post by tslive » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 am

Is this video down? It says an error occurred with the playback. I tried using both Edge and Internet Explorer 11 and had the same result.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:08 am

It's not down. Everything is OK on the Youtube side. It could be that Edge & IE have trouble with it. It was a standard MP4 file that I uploaded to Youtube. Can you try Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari? I just clicked on it from each and it opened.
tslive wrote:Is this video down? It says an error occurred with the playback. I tried using both Edge and Internet Explorer 11 and had the same result.

tslive

Post by tslive » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Chrome worked. Thanks

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm

When will this go live so I can start tinkering with the FAAB process? When I click on the links it just keeps "loading".

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 am

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:When will this go live so I can start tinkering with the FAAB process? When I click on the links it just keeps "loading".
If you currently have a finished team that has FAAB you can start setting your free agent bids now. Let us know if you have any issues.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:06 pm

Darik B wrote:Ok, on #1 I think you are asking about time stamps of when players enter the Free Agent pool. This will be there. It wasn't in the video as I was in our "Dev" world. I can show when it is pushed out live to you guys, but it will be there, for sure.

On #2: We understand how great this concept would be. We are talking with IT about it, but the coding for this could monstrous. I can't give a concrete answer yet on this.

#3: Again, great concept. We would love to get here if possible.
Chthroop wrote:Hi,

Hi Darik,
I wanted to clarify on #1. In the old system you could put a time frame in (last 7 days, last 14 days, last month, etc..) which allowed you to filter the stats down so that for example you could see what hitter had how many atbats ,runs, etc... in the last week. The date stamp is also a great feature (but never worked as far as I remember in the old system).

Happy to PM if you want to discuss.
Thanks for your work on this! Also, I really like the ability to filter by a team so you can see Colorado players for example. This is new....

Regards,
Chris

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Ugh, I hope I'm just not seeing it. GS is not an option for pitchers as far as I can tell. Also, ability to sort by stats over the last day/week/month etc. I cannot find. These are the #1 and 2 features I need in FAAB. As far as I can tell the video does not touch on this or how to sort pitcher stats at all.
Chance favors the prepared mind.