Review - 2 Hour Draft Champion League

Bronx Yankees

Re: Review - 2 Hour Draft Champion League

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Yah Mule wrote:It's a drag when people lose interest after round 30 (or sooner) and drag down the pace. What's really annoying is when you see these slowpokes are joining other drafts while they're driving your draft into the ditch repeatedly. You know, I get that it's more fun to draft Francisco Lindor than Freddy Galvis, but have a heart and think about other people.
Well said. If you can’t be bothered to follow a draft that you’re in when it gets to the later rounds, then at least have the courtesy to load up your queue and turn on Auto Draft.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:28 pm

Owner Jason Anthony has timed out his last two times as well as other times during our current 2 hour draft. Why isn't he automatically being set to Auto??? Why are the other 14 owners being forced to waste our time and put up with a baby?

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Gekko wrote:Owner Jason Anthony has timed out his last two times as well as other times during our current 2 hour draft. Why isn't he automatically being set to Auto??? Why are the other 14 owners being forced to waste our time and put up with a baby?
Day 6 Sunday super bowl Sunday we have made 10 picks. Still in rd 14. A couple of them don't seem to care at all. The longer this one takes the longer it will be before I enter another. That includes auctions. So Andy if you want me to join an auction you better come lift a fire under these asses!!!!!!

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Gekko wrote:Owner Jason Anthony has timed out his last two times as well as other times during our current 2 hour draft. Why isn't he automatically being set to Auto??? Why are the other 14 owners being forced to waste our time and put up with a baby?
Day 6 Sunday super bowl Sunday we have made 10 picks. Still in rd 14. A couple of them don't seem to care at all. The longer this one takes the longer it will be before I enter another. That includes auctions. So Andy if you want me to join an auction you better come lift a fire under these asses!!!!!!
that one has nothing to do with me buddy. i put out auctions out there, if people join, they join and we auction

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am

Mark, this person's emails were going to his junk folder so he wasn't aware he was on the clock. We'll get that resolved for him.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks Tom

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:02 pm

14 days into the draft and we are in round 47...waiting for a deadbeat owner to time out for the second pick in a row. this league started out great, averaging 5 rounds a day for the first 3-4 days or so. after that, we've only been doing maybe 2-3 rounds a day. the 8 hour sleep clock coupled with multiple owners timing out has really taken the wind out of the sail. STILL MUCH BETTER THAN AN 8 HOUR (OR EVEN 4 HOUR DRAFT). still room for improvement with the introduction of a 1 hour clock for rounds 30-50.

are owners who time out twice in a row AUTOMATICALLY placed on auto? i'm not sure that is happening

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm

okay, an owner just timed out twice in a row...no auto

that's worse than the prior STATS setup. boo!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:45 pm

I agree about drafts petering out after round 30.
A few reasons play into it....
1. Drafters dulled by the players in this area of the draft, start new drafts. Like kids, they pay much more attention to the new toy.
2. With the nucleus of teams built, interest is lost with reserves.
3. Following the draft becomes less of a focal point.

There is no point in making these drafts become a waste of most drafter's time.
Mark is on to something here.
For rounds 31-50 of DC Drafts, cut the four hour drafts to two hours and cut the two hour drafts to one hour.
I would imagine that the majority would be all for this.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Gekko wrote:14 days into the draft and we are in round 47...waiting for a deadbeat owner to time out for the second pick in a row. this league started out great, averaging 5 rounds a day for the first 3-4 days or so. after that, we've only been doing maybe 2-3 rounds a day. the 8 hour sleep clock coupled with multiple owners timing out has really taken the wind out of the sail. STILL MUCH BETTER THAN AN 8 HOUR (OR EVEN 4 HOUR DRAFT). still room for improvement with the introduction of a 1 hour clock for rounds 30-50.

are owners who time out twice in a row AUTOMATICALLY placed on auto? i'm not sure that is happening

It took us 26 days to finish the 1K DC, we finished it today, started it on a Saturday it ended today.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Gekko wrote:okay, an owner just timed out twice in a row...no auto

We definitely want this in place to go on Auto if you time out twice in a row. I'll double-check to see when it will be added if it's not in play already.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

We definitely want this in place to go on Auto if you time out twice in a row. I'll double-check to see when it will be added if it's not in play already.
It’s not. We had someone in the 1k timeout multiple times as mentioned on here and was not put on auto.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:33 pm

mdecav wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

It’s not. We had someone in the 1k timeout multiple times as mentioned on here and was not put on auto.

Which team were you? I was one of the vocal ones i know i was not the only one though , "Right to Censor"

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 pm

ah the Achievers poor guy you were picking right next to King of Petty Mr. Timeout

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Again mirroring baseball.
Pace of play, an issue here.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:46 pm

I’ve only been around here for 6 years. The slow play threads every February are a constant and make it feel like the season is right around the corner. Bring on Pitchers and Catchers. One (2 hour) slow draft is all I can stomach. I’ll probably join back in the thread in a couple of weeks. Lol
Joe

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Mark, this person's emails were going to his junk folder so he wasn't aware he was on the clock. We'll get that resolved for him.
IMO this is an absolutely utter bullshit excuse, and I can't believe that anyone would buy it. You're telling me that you sign up and spend money for one of these drafts and that because you're not getting any email notifications that you don't even think about it, know when it starts, or just out and out forget to log in once in a while to check the draft to make a pick?!! No fucking way that any of the good paying customers of the NFBC should put up with or be subjected to this shit, ever. And from reading further on this thread, it seems like it was still happening anyway. If someone times out more than twice, consecutive or not, they should immediately be put on auto. All that needs to be done is to update the rules of play to reflect this so that when someone signs up for one of these drafts, they are aware of the consequences for non-compliance or shitty participation in them. And this is further evidence that 4-hr versions of this drafts are going to go the route of the Dodo by next season. Two-hour pick time limits should become the industry standard with one-hour pick limits in rounds 31-50 along with built in safeguards to keep in compliance. Text alerts need to be added as well.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:27 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I agree about drafts petering out after round 30.
A few reasons play into it....
1. Drafters dulled by the players in this area of the draft, start new drafts. Like kids, they pay much more attention to the new toy.
2. With the nucleus of teams built, interest is lost with reserves.
3. Following the draft becomes less of a focal point.

There is no point in making these drafts become a waste of most drafter's time.
Mark is on to something here.
For rounds 31-50 of DC Drafts, cut the four hour drafts to two hours and cut the two hour drafts to one hour.
I would imagine that the majority would be all for this.
This motion is seconded. :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Gekko wrote:14 days into the draft and we are in round 47...waiting for a deadbeat owner to time out for the second pick in a row. this league started out great, averaging 5 rounds a day for the first 3-4 days or so. after that, we've only been doing maybe 2-3 rounds a day. the 8 hour sleep clock coupled with multiple owners timing out has really taken the wind out of the sail. STILL MUCH BETTER THAN AN 8 HOUR (OR EVEN 4 HOUR DRAFT). still room for improvement with the introduction of a 1 hour clock for rounds 30-50.

It took us 26 days to finish the 1K DC, we finished it today, started it on a Saturday it ended today.
This is an abomination. Why don't we now survey the owners who shelled out big money for this one and ask them if they enjoyed it taking 26 insufferable days to complete? (which is of course the same horrible example that is currently being set by the FSTA group of "experts" who as of tonight still hadn't finished their "slow draft" portion of their 30 round on-line draft which included like 10 rounds of LIVE drafting as well and has been going on for almost a month! WTF?! :shock: Not good for the brand when there are many on air hosts who are in this draft, and even they are complaining about it.

Anyway, I'll lay money that you won't get a single owner other than King Timeout that said that this 1K DC was great and they had so much fun doing it...like watching grass grow. :roll:

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:

This is an abomination. Why don't we now survey the owners who shelled out big money for this one and ask them if they enjoyed it taking 26 insufferable days to complete? (which is of course the same horrible example that is currently being set by the FSTA group of "experts" who as of tonight still hadn't finished their "slow draft" portion of their 30 round on-line draft which included like 10 rounds of LIVE drafting as well and has been going on for almost a month! WTF?! :shock: Not good for the brand when there are many on air hosts who are in this draft, and even they are complaining about it.

Anyway, I'll lay money that you won't get a single owner other than King Timeout that said that this 1K DC was great and they had so much fun doing it...like watching grass grow. :roll:
This is why I won't do a slow draft - Even the 2-hour draft sounds like it was frustrating.
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:15 am

With any luck, the inaugural 2 hour draft will conclude tomorrow morning which would make it 16 days. Not bad.

It could have been worse if people weren’t so amped up and ripped through 5 rounds per day for the first 3-4 days.

It could have been better if owners that timed out twice in a row went automatically on auto.

It could have been better if rounds 30-50 were a 1 hour clock.

All in all, I could live with a draft taking 16 days; however I think the real sweet spot for the NFBC is the 10-12 day range. It’s like a restaurant...get people seated, serve them food and get them out the door in a timely fashion so you can turn the table over and make more money.

Thank you NFBC for everything you’ve done to get us to this point 8-)

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:21 pm

I think it's dangerous to assume that because you have been an NFBC member for 10 years or you have 3,000 posts that you speak for the masses. You don't speak for the masses. The masses speak for themselves. And it's a fact that 4-hour DC's are filling faster than 2-hour DC's. Hell the first $400 2-hour DC has been open for over two weeks and is getting a registrant once every two days or so.

Why would that be?

Perhaps because many people that don't have time or desire to post here like to draft in January and February but don't have the ability to make the draft their top priority or maybe even top 5 priority. They have jobs, meetings, kids, wives, etc. They choose the DC's because they don't have to be married to their computers. When you introduce a 2-hour DC, you are getting close to the point of requiring constant checking. Not everybody wants that.

I like the 2-hour offering. I think it's important to have choices. But it honestly shocks me at how making one pick per day for an extra 6 days has such a dramatic effect on some of you. "Insufferable" is laughable, to be honest.

Please don't get rid of the 4-hour DC.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 pm

It’s all good. Keep the 4 hour DC for the people who have a job, spouse, kids and a life. For the rest of us bums, I suggested tweaks to the 2 hour format. Stick with your 4 hour format and you’ll be fine. Leave the quicker drafting to us bums

Doggy

Post by Doggy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm

i would love to do a 1 hour slow draft with autodraft after 2 time outs. how do we set one up?

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Wolfpac wrote:ah the Achievers poor guy you were picking right next to King of Petty Mr. Timeout
I have been doing 2-3 DCs concurrently so I barely noticed - only when I’ve seen the chat and on here did I notice. That’s one way these drafts speed up - do a couple at once!