Review - 2 Hour Draft Champion League

Gekko

Re: Review - 2 Hour Draft Champion League

Post by Gekko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:24 pm

mdecav wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:ah the Achievers poor guy you were picking right next to King of Petty Mr. Timeout
I have been doing 2-3 DCs concurrently so I barely noticed - only when I’ve seen the chat and on here did I notice. That’s one way these drafts speed up - do a couple at once!

A couple drafts at once? Going off another poster...I’m assuming you don’t have a life, family, job, meetings, etc. welcome to Club Bum

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Gekko wrote:
mdecav wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:ah the Achievers poor guy you were picking right next to King of Petty Mr. Timeout
I have been doing 2-3 DCs concurrently so I barely noticed - only when I’ve seen the chat and on here did I notice. That’s one way these drafts speed up - do a couple at once!

A couple drafts at once? Going off another poster...I’m assuming you don’t have a life, family, job, meetings, etc. welcome to Club Bum
Ha, i'm actually in two currently and registered for the 2-hour $400 so I'm a bum too. You can twist my words, but the overall point is that people have different priority levels for fantasy baseball. Just because i have my draft window up at work constantly watching every pick doesn't mean everyone has to. There are other obligations that get in the way. The most important thing is to increase participants. I think a lot of discussion of shortening pick times later in the draft or getting rid of the 4-hour DC has the potential to alienate a part of the market or divide it so that you have 6 people registered in the 2-hour and 6 in the 4-hour, causing the drafts to fill significantly slower. We've seen that in the $400's.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm

since the 2 hour leagues have only been on the registration page for about two weeks, some owners may not know about them. also, with everyone coming from an 8 hour background, perhaps owners want to try a 4 hour draft before jumping into a 2 hour draft. in any event, market both time slots to give owners the choice to join a league more tailored to their needs.

Choice A: 4 hours per pick for owners with jobs, meetings, kids, wives, etc.. who want a slower drafting experience (heck you can have 24 hour per pick leagues if you want, but i won't play in any of these...4 hour included)

Choice B: 2 hours per pick for owners with jobs, meetings, kids, wives, etc.. who can also multi-task and want a faster draft experience. I am in this group and will only play 2 hours or less leagues moving forward. I gave some suggestions for improving the the 2 hour draft. these are my opinions and you (or anyone) can put them through the virtual shredder if you want. nothing i can do about that. however if the NFBC wants to increase MY participation rate, i provided them with feedback on how to do so. pretty simple

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:55 pm

It really does take just one guy to suck the life out of a draft. We started a 12 team DC yesterday. We're in the fifth round right now. After 23 hours on the clock, 11 owners had used a combined total of just under 12 hours and one owner had used just over 11 hours.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Next year with the shorter sleep clock and short clock for rounds 31-50 will help out.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:04 pm

The reduced clock in the later rounds is a great idea. We're limping to the barn in round 45 of my other draft.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Rd 6 and a guy is on his way to timing out for his 3rd time

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Gb2715 wrote:Rd 6 and a guy is on his way to timing out for his 3rd time
Are we going to use the lame-ass excuse again now that perhaps the guy was getting his alert emails sent to his spam folder, or perhaps he isn't aware the draft has started already? :roll: Hope this is one of the standard variety 4-hr DC's and not a 2-hr one. One way to solve all of these problems is to make these drafts ALL with a 2-hr clock with the addition of the 1-hr rounds 31-50 idea and a shorter sleep clock to boot. Add the time out penalty in so that say after two timeouts an owner automatically goes on auto pick, and voila! Problems solved. Trust me. This will be the industry standard by next year, and you'll more than make up for the "lost" business from the slow draft clientele by adding plenty of extra drafts from the fast draft clientele. Slow usually equals bad when it comes to service in business. Doesn't go over well here either.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 pm

4 hour drafts will be extinct in the next year or two, except for the owners who have a job, life, family, kids :lol:

Looking back, How in the fuck did we ever tolerate 8HR drafts?!?!?! :roll:

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:51 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Gb2715 wrote:Rd 6 and a guy is on his way to timing out for his 3rd time
Are we going to use the lame-ass excuse again now that perhaps the guy was getting his alert emails sent to his spam folder, or perhaps he isn't aware the draft has started already? :roll: Hope this is one of the standard variety 4-hr DC's and not a 2-hr one. One way to solve all of these problems is to make these drafts ALL with a 2-hr clock with the addition of the 1-hr rounds 31-50 idea and a shorter sleep clock to boot. Add the time out penalty in so that say after two timeouts an owner automatically goes on auto pick, and voila! Problems solved. Trust me. This will be the industry standard by next year, and you'll more than make up for the "lost" business from the slow draft clientele by adding plenty of extra drafts from the fast draft clientele. Slow usually equals bad when it comes to service in business. Doesn't go over well here either.

Yeah they have an excuse for everything. In one of the draft rooms (a 4 hr DC) one guy says has anyone tried a 2 hr DC the other guy says yeah I'm in one right now. The other guy said you must timeout a lot there. He says nope just 2 times. I think he mentioned they were in rd 12. His excuse was he was on flights. Ok i get that people are busy and on flights and kids and work but if you can't check the draft every hour or so on your phone computer ipad or another device then use auto. If you won't use auto and can't find time in 4 hrs to check a draft then why even join these? It gets a little ridiculous when it's the same people wasting the clock everyday. 2 rds a day is ridiculous and the only reason most drafts get done is because the rest of us use auto or draft within minutes of our pick comin up