SOLD OUT: NFBC $1,000 DC Feb. 19th League 2

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: NFBC $1,000 DC Feb. 19th League 2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:46 am

In 2012, a fellow Cheesehead (Neenah, WI) by the name of Max Ogden pitched the idea of competing in a $1,000 Draft Champions league that would start on the first day that Pitchers and Catchers reported to Spring Training. It was at a time when our Draft Champions format was just starting to get rolling and we had never offered anything as high as $1,000 for this format.

But Max pushed it hard and loved the format and sure enough it filled. And then it filled again, and again, and again. So here we are today and we've already added this one to Registration and have interest. In fact, we've also added a $1,000 DC that will start as soon as it fills, so two good formats to compete for an $8,000 league prize while still being involved in the $30,000 grand prize.

Now we're calling this one the Max Ogden Memorial because he came up with the concept and he competed in it the first 5 or 6 years. But family life and work got in the way of things last year and he couldn't return. So he's not dead, but he's not alive in this one either!! :lol:

We'll give everyone who competed in last year's Invitational to retain their spots by signing up by Dec. 31st, just like we do with our other contests. After that we'll allow Max or anyone else to jump in. Heck, we'll keep this contest on Registration through the start date to see if we can get two of these this year. We did have two $1,000 Draft Champions leagues last year as folks love the $8,000 league prize while competing for the overall prize pool.

I'll list everyone here and we'll make sure that last year's participants get first dibs for that league. But sign up by Dec. 31st if you want to return and we'll go from there. Thanks all and enjoy.

NFBC $1,000 Draft Champions League
Starts Monday, Feb. 19th, 1 pm ET
Max Ogden Invitational League
1. Daniel Einhorn
2. Jason Kroft
3. Leonard Ringle
4. Michael DeCavalcante
5. Joseph Rodriguez
6. Gregg Doyle
7. Mike Massotto
8. Matt Anderson
9. Christopher Cosley
10. Andy Robinson
11. Steven Spatz
12. Marc Pelmutter
13. Danny Bronski
14. Robert Zidonik
15. Max Ogden

League 2:

1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
3. Scott Feschuk
4. RRusty Clark
5. Chris Plouffe
6. Thomas Warner
7. Patrick Schaeffer
8. Howard Vogel
9. Alexander Rotolo
10. Doug Atkins
11. Matt Modica
12. kc cha
13. Joshua Rasmusson
14. Clark Olson
15. Gary Chai
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: Max Ogden Memorial $1,000 DC: Starts Feb. 19th

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:30 pm

I'll be in for this one as always as one of the inaugural participants in this league pending my decision on whether or not to continue with the NFBC beyond a few Fast DC's and investing my time and money into it any further come the New Year depending upon how things go over the course of the next several weeks. So for this one, I'm a tentative as of now...
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 pm

I’m in with my partner Barry.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Philly High Hopes

Post by Philly High Hopes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:47 am

Is this contest open yet to new participants? I see it listed in the draft lobby but don't want to sign up if you are still waiting on past owners.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:53 am

Philly High Hopes wrote:Is this contest open yet to new participants? I see it listed in the draft lobby but don't want to sign up if you are still waiting on past owners.
Past participants have until Dec. 31st to retain their spots. After that it is open to the public.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philly High Hopes

Post by Philly High Hopes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks, Greg. If I would have more closely read your original post ... Sorry about that.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:50 pm

In.

Thanks Greg.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:55 am

Confirming that I'm in, and that all participants should be aware that we do this one as a faster DC. So if you're looking for a draft with a nice leisurely pace that's going to take two weeks or more to finish, this isn't the draft for you. :P
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

CubanBaseball

Post by CubanBaseball » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:12 am

El Gato Supremo is back! Looking to improve on my 2nd place finish last year!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:18 pm

CubanBaseball wrote:El Gato Supremo is back! Looking to improve on my 2nd place finish last year!
Welcome back Joe. Great job last year.

Okay, ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT in this one. I'll email all of the participants from 2017 now and give them through Dec. 31st to reclaim their spots. After that it's open to the public and there are interested souls looking to get in. Don't delay if you want to retain your spot from last year because it's open to the public on Monday.

Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:23 am

SOLD OUT: The Max Ogden Memorial $1,000 Draft Champions League that starts on Monday, Feb. 19th is now Sold Out. Set your KDS preferences now and look for draft spots five days before the draft. This should be a fun, fun draft, so good luck everyone.

We did have two other owners signed up for this date, so we'll keep this date open and try for a second league. There does seem to be interest in a set time for this price point, so let's see where it takes us. Thanks all and good luck.

Here's the final signup list:

1. Daniel Einhorn
2. Jason Kroft
3. Leonard Ringle
4. Michael DeCavalcante
5. Joseph Rodriguez
6. Gregg Doyle
7. Mike Massotto
8. Matt Anderson
9. Christopher Cosley
10. Andy Robinson
11. Steven Spatz
12. Marc Pelmutter
13. Danny Bronski
14. Robert Zidonik
15. Rob Giese

League 2:
1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CubanBaseball

Post by CubanBaseball » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am

Hey Dave and David,

Just FYI - if you aren’t set on the Feb. 19th date there is another $1000 DC that you can sign up for and it already has 6 participants. The catch is that it will draft once the league is full so you can’t control the timing.

Just thought I would let you know.

Best,

Joe

Philly High Hopes

Post by Philly High Hopes » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Just to clarify, I signed up yesterday morning, January 1, and was signup 14/15. The league then filled shortly thereafter and I received another confirmation. Were there still teams from last year that had not signed up by the December 31 deadline that then filled the final spots?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Philly High Hopes wrote:Just to clarify, I signed up yesterday morning, January 1, and was signup 14/15. The league then filled shortly thereafter and I received another confirmation. Were there still teams from last year that had not signed up by the December 31 deadline that then filled the final spots?
Correct. I held off on forming the league before getting all past owners in and should have just taken it off Registration. I didn't realize the league would form and close once other owners signed up. Sorry about that.

But we can either shoot for a second league or as Joe said get you in the 4-Hour DC that will start once it fills. Let me know. I was going to email you about the options anyway. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Millertime

Post by Millertime » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:40 pm

And I was 15/15 for the first draft and I received an email confirmation that I was in a league that was set. I intentionally waited until after the deadline to sign up.

Philly High Hopes

Post by Philly High Hopes » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:50 pm

No worries, Greg. I'm fine that all of the past owners have returned. I had waited intentionally until January 1, and just wanted to make sure I was not bumped by someone new.

Can you leave the signup up for another $1,000 DC to start this same day and see what happens? I would like to do one and like the February 19 start time. I'm not quite ready for the other $1K league that is currently forming and will likely start drafting in mid-January.

Thanks,
Dave

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Philly High Hopes wrote:No worries, Greg. I'm fine that all of the past owners have returned. I had waited intentionally until January 1, and just wanted to make sure I was not bumped by someone new.

Can you leave the signup up for another $1,000 DC to start this same day and see what happens? I would like to do one and like the February 19 start time. I'm not quite ready for the other $1K league that is currently forming and will likely start drafting in mid-January.

Thanks,
Dave
Will do. Let's see what happens. Interest seems high. Thanks much.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:54 am

NOW 12 SPOTS LEFT in the NFBC $1,000 Draft Champions League that is scheduled to start on Monday, Feb. 19th. This one also pays Top 3 finishers, including $8,000 to first place, and is part of the overall Draft Champions National Championship. Now you can win $8,000 in league prizes and the $30,000 grand prize. This would be the second $1,000 Draft Champions League to start on this date. Sign up online and be ready to go in a few weeks. Thanks all and good luck.

Here's a look at the signup list for this second league:

League 2:

1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
3. Scott Feschuk
4. rusty clark
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Logged into the boards to find that the $1000 SLOW Draft has been named this.... DYING!!!!
You guys are the best. Been busy and not doing to much Fantasy Baseball as much as I love it.
Assuming MTM is still driving everybody nuts :lol:
Hope everybody is well, I will be back in the league again sometime for sure!
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 am

Winston's Empire wrote:Logged into the boards to find that the $1000 SLOW Draft has been named this.... DYING!!!!
You guys are the best. Been busy and not doing to much Fantasy Baseball as much as I love it.
Oh Max, Max, Max...some things never change, my friend. :roll: But I do think it's been far too long that you've been absent from the games. No one is that busy, not even me! ;) :mrgreen: So get your ass signed up for something, pussy. And I do say that with all affection. :P

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Winston's Empire wrote:Logged into the boards to find that the $1000 SLOW Draft has been named this.... DYING!!!!
Oh Max, Max, Max...some things never change, my friend. :roll: But I do think it's been far too long that you've been absent from the games. No one is that busy, not even me! ;) :mrgreen: So get your ass signed up for something, pussy. And I do say that with all affection. :P
HA! Looks like the old league is full. Who won last year? You guys still passing the trophy back and forth? I haven't seen that thing since I bought and mailed it to the first Winner :lol:
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Tom Kessenich

Re: Max Ogden Invitational $1,000 DC: Starts Feb. 19th

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 pm

11 spots now left for the second $1,000 DC league on Feb. 19

League 2:

1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
3. Scott Feschuk
4. rusty clark
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:51 pm

And.... I'm back! :lol:
Wish I would have gotten my fantasy baseball legs back sooner, so I could've joined the original crew in League 1 and whip MTM, but this second league will do :)
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Winston's Empire wrote:And.... I'm back! :lol:
Wish I would have gotten my fantasy baseball legs back sooner, so I could've joined the original crew in League 1 and whip MTM, but this second league will do :)

I move that since this league is Max's baby, that he should be allowed to participate in the original league with many of its charter members to celebrate his triumphant return to NFBC competition and his regular annual donation to the rest of us in his league. :mrgreen: So Greg or Tom, perhaps you could maybe inquire if someone would be willing to give up their spot in this one and take a place in the other one? I don't think this is an unreasonable request.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Agree, if possible. There's another 1K or two that will be available this year.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey