MTM FAST DC #2: Friday 12/15 1:00 P.M. NEW NFBC RECORD SET!

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM FAST DC #2: Friday 12/15 1:00 P.M. EST Start

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:Do I click on the one that states the starting time as Fri December 15, 12:00 A.M.?
Yes. I think that's 12 central, but will double check. Thanks.
Okay Greg, will do, but just to clarify, this should be a 1:00 p.m. EST/ 12:00 p.m. Central start time for this Friday the 15th. Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Okay, somehow we have a sign up for this league who was not on the list. Greg and Tom, I need to be in contact with Jonathan Greer, and not sure why Mario Malgeri keeps getting boxed out of these leagues. Can you please have Jonathan text me? Jonathan, if you're reading this, please PM me your cell. Thanks bud.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Okay, somehow we have a sign up for this league who was not on the list. Greg and Tom, I need to be in contact with Jonathan Greer, and not sure why Mario Malgeri keeps getting boxed out of these leagues. Can you please have Jonathan text me? Jonathan, if you're reading this, please PM me your cell. Thanks bud.
I emailed you both
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

LasVegasBlvd

Post by LasVegasBlvd » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:08 am

Thanks for looking out Mike... it's all good

LasVegasBlvd

Post by LasVegasBlvd » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am

WoW! Guess Im not in the click which translates into "i'm not a valued customer" also I'm not a happy customer. These things happen when companies get too big! Thats twice now I got bumped not to mention a handful of other times over the years. Do this to 10 clients and over time the love gets thin and fades away... :oops: Perhaps its time to take 2018 off, thats roughly 15 teams I normally sign up for, again do this to 10 customers that play multiple teams and thats 150 teams you could possibly lose. What a shame! Sorry for the rant but I'm pissed and don't deserve to be treated like just another number.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am

LasVegasBlvd wrote:WoW! Guess Im not in the click which translates into "i'm not a valued customer" also I'm not a happy customer. These things happen when companies get too big! Thats twice now I got bumped not to mention a handful of other times over the years. Do this to 10 clients and over time the love gets thin and fades away... :oops: Perhaps its time to take 2018 off, thats roughly 15 teams I normally sign up for, again do this to 10 customers that play multiple teams and thats 150 teams you could possibly lose. What a shame! Sorry for the rant but I'm pissed and don't deserve to be treated like just another number.
Mario, I don't know what happened here as we asked everyone to sign up for this league. We set it up and asked everyone to sign up. It looks like someone on the list signed up who shouldn't have. We can ask to replace him with you, but all we did was set up the league. With the new format it's easy for everyone to sign up on their own rather than us do it.

I guess for all of these fast drafts going forward we'll have to sign up the 15 owners on the list and then KDS runs 15 minutes later.

Hang tight, we'll see what we can do about this one.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DDK

Post by DDK » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Maybe this changes later but I just went in the draft room to set a queue and it looks like it's set to take off at 4 am ET

Bigperl

Post by Bigperl » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Current clock expires at 5 am tomorrow, but with the new 8 hour stop overnight that should take it to 1 pm for draft start time.

DDK

Post by DDK » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 pm

ahhh...thanks

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
LasVegasBlvd wrote:WoW! Guess Im not in the click which translates into "i'm not a valued customer" also I'm not a happy customer. These things happen when companies get too big! Thats twice now I got bumped not to mention a handful of other times over the years. Do this to 10 clients and over time the love gets thin and fades away... :oops: Perhaps its time to take 2018 off, thats roughly 15 teams I normally sign up for, again do this to 10 customers that play multiple teams and thats 150 teams you could possibly lose. What a shame! Sorry for the rant but I'm pissed and don't deserve to be treated like just another number.
Mario, I don't know what happened here as we asked everyone to sign up for this league. We set it up and asked everyone to sign up. It looks like someone on the list signed up who shouldn't have. We can ask to replace him with you, but all we did was set up the league. With the new format it's easy for everyone to sign up on their own rather than us do it.

I guess for all of these fast drafts going forward we'll have to sign up the 15 owners on the list and then KDS runs 15 minutes later.

Hang tight, we'll see what we can do about this one.
I was the last one to sign up for this draft. If we can't resolve this another way, I would be willing to bow out of this draft and catch the next fast DC.

2COR5:17

Post by 2COR5:17 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:08 pm

These seem pretty popular.I appreciate you guys cutting the pick time limit from 8 hours to four. Any plans to offer more options on Draft Champions? Fours hours or 60 seconds seem like a bit of a narrow offering. It seems like the majority of us take less than an hour on our picks. Move quicker, finish quicker, join more contests. It seems like going from 8 to 4 hours was seamless for your IT guys. Is this something you guys may look at in the future?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Jim, no worries. We are cool for this league. Jonathan Greer totally understand and jumped into the next 4-Hour DC. We got Mario back into this league and all is good there. He even got his No. 1 preference, so him and Jonathan were on the same page!!!

Jonathan was VERY COOL about this. Kudos to him. And thanks to Mario for being patient. I've talked with MTM and we are on the same page on how to sign everyone up for these fast drafts next time. I'm on it. Thanks all and have fun. We have a GREAT group of owners for this.

And yes I did say that MTM and I talked on the phone. All is cool and we're on the same page on how to make the NFBC even better. We're all striving for the same thing, so let's keep it going and make 2018 the best season ever. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm

2COR5:17 wrote:These seem pretty popular.I appreciate you guys cutting the pick time limit from 8 hours to four. Any plans to offer more options on Draft Champions? Fours hours or 60 seconds seem like a bit of a narrow offering. It seems like the majority of us take less than an hour on our picks. Move quicker, finish quicker, join more contests. It seems like going from 8 to 4 hours was seamless for your IT guys. Is this something you guys may look at in the future?
We can do any time period that 15 owners want to do. If you want us to add DCs at 1 hour per pick, we can do it. 2 Hours. 30 minutes. Whatever you want.

Now we don't want to inundate Registration with 10 different options, but we can definitely add a second option or announce the next 1 hour DC and after we have 15 volunteers get everyone set up. Changing the clock on these current 4-Hour DCs is easy, so yes we can do this.

Good suggestion and let's keep adding new, innovative ways to enjoy this format. We're with you.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
2COR5:17 wrote:These seem pretty popular.I appreciate you guys cutting the pick time limit from 8 hours to four. Any plans to offer more options on Draft Champions? Fours hours or 60 seconds seem like a bit of a narrow offering. It seems like the majority of us take less than an hour on our picks. Move quicker, finish quicker, join more contests. It seems like going from 8 to 4 hours was seamless for your IT guys. Is this something you guys may look at in the future?
We can do any time period that 15 owners want to do. If you want us to add DCs at 1 hour per pick, we can do it. 2 Hours. 30 minutes. Whatever you want.

Now we don't want to inundate Registration with 10 different options, but we can definitely add a second option or announce the next 1 hour DC and after we have 15 volunteers get everyone set up. Changing the clock on these current 4-Hour DCs is easy, so yes we can do this.

Good suggestion and let's keep adding new, innovative ways to enjoy this format. We're with you.

Gee Greg, this guy has a lot of good input. I especially like the part about "move quicker, finish quicker, join more contests". Now where have you heard that before? Hmmmmm.... :roll:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 am

First Day Draft Update: 15 rounds in about 12+ hours after a 1:00 p.m. start yesterday, with some nice chat thrown in in between as well! Now that's the way you do it, ladies and gentlemen. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM FAST DC #2: Friday 12/15 1:00 P.M. NEW NFBC RECORD S

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 am

Well it finally happened! After several years since I first introduced this version of the NFBC DC draft format, the old time completion record was shattered last night by almost a full three hours. 8-) This amazing group of fanatical,
die-hard, NFBC owners (and all around great guys, present company excluded ;) ) set the new completion record in 57 hours and 12 minutes taking down the long-standing previous record of 60 hours, and with some relative newbies joining the fun and hanging with the vets the entire way. That translates to 750 picks being made at an average clip of about 4.57 minutes per pick! :shock: Truly astonishing especially this early in the draft season.

So I'm going to enjoy the Christmas holiday and rest on my laurels for a bit, but I'll be back with FAST DC #3 in the New Year. So look for the post on these boards within the next couple of weeks. I would love to get some fresh blood in the next one, so if you're interested, just post to this thread, or PM me. :D