Here's How You Change Your Team Names

Greg Ambrosius

Here's How You Change Your Team Names

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:43 pm

We have replaced your username on My Teams with your team name. If you sign up for a new league, it will default to Team (Last Name) just like it did on the STATS site. You can see that now, but let's get more creative than that.

To change a team name:

1. Go to My Teams
2. Click on the team name you want to change (this will take you to your team page)
3. Click the Edit button next to your team name (the edit button looks like a pencil writing on a piece of paper)

And you are done. Team Ambrosius gets replaced by Iola Invaders. Easy as that. Thanks all and let's get all unique names. No more Team Smith!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Here's How You Change Your Team Names

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

Just a reminder that it's easy to change your team name on the new site. We're a creative group, so let's change Team Smith to something creative.

I said this on Twitter today, but I have a feeling that STABLE GENIUS will be a popular name this year and SHITHOLE followed by anything else will be used for the first time ever. :lol: Have fun and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

thepats

Post by thepats » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 pm

The name doesn't change in the draft room, unfortunately.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just a reminder that it's easy to change your team name on the new site. We're a creative group, so let's change Team Smith to something creative.

I said this on Twitter today, but I have a feeling that STABLE GENIUS will be a popular name this year and SHITHOLE followed by anything else will be used for the first time ever. :lol: Have fun and good luck.
Unfortunately the "stable geniuses" in the IT department still haven't figured out a way to allow us to change our team names once the draft has been set or started. So if we don't change our team names before then, we're stuck with what you give us for the duration of the draft. And this was meant in part to be a joke, so don't everyone in IT reading this go ape shit and start hurling their feces around just because Greg opened you up for a jab with his "stable genius" team name suggestion. And look, it could have been worse. I could have made reference to the draft room as a "shithole", but I did not, because that would not have been neither fair nor accurate. So I restrained myself.

Now what you guys rolled out to start the season, now THAT was a "shithole"! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just a reminder that it's easy to change your team name on the new site. We're a creative group, so let's change Team Smith to something creative.

Unfortunately the "stable geniuses" in the IT department still haven't figured out a way to allow us to change our team names once the draft has been set or started.
That option is there Mike. In fact, I just went in and changed your team name in the league that began on Friday. Under League Home on your team page you'll see your team name. Right next to it, you'll see an icon that says "Edit Your Team Name." Click that and it will then allow you to edit your team name after a draft has begun. So yes, it's there and has been there all along.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

jvetter

Post by jvetter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:13 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:

Unfortunately the "stable geniuses" in the IT department still haven't figured out a way to allow us to change our team names once the draft has been set or started.
That option is there Mike. In fact, I just went in and changed your team name in the league that began on Friday. Under League Home on your team page you'll see your team name. Right next to it, you'll see an icon that says "Edit Your Team Name." Click that and it will then allow you to edit your team name after a draft has begun. So yes, it's there and has been there all along.
While this is true that we can change our team name which is reflected in the "draft results" page and "my teams" page. But it does not change our team name in the draft room or draft board. That team name is "stuck" based on what it was going into the draft.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 am

Thanks for the clarification. We'll ask the tech people to see if that can be updated as well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

I understand some frustration because team names aren't changing on the draft boards once the draft starts, but is that really a game-changer? At the worst it says Team Smith instead of Stable Genius.

But we understand that everyone wants consistency, so we'll ask IT to change this. It may not happen right away because they are working on so many other items, but we hear ya. We will see if we can get this in sync with the other areas when you change your team name.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I understand some frustration because team names aren't changing on the draft boards once the draft starts, but is that really a game-changer? At the worst it says Team Smith instead of Stable Genius.

But we understand that everyone wants consistency, so we'll ask IT to change this. It may not happen right away because they are working on so many other items, but we hear ya. We will see if we can get this in sync with the other areas when you change your team name.
No, it's not really a "game-changer", but it is enough of a hassle and an inconsistency that most of us would appreciate the fix being made by IT. Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Bumgarner killed me last year, so it made me smile to check one league and see Matthew Shepherd had changed his team name to MadBum the MotorFuckelist. It really expressed my thoughts on that subject perfectly. :lol:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I understand some frustration because team names aren't changing on the draft boards once the draft starts, but is that really a game-changer?
The first post trumpets that we can change our names.
The last post minimizes the need for the change in the draft room.
That doesn't seem right.
It is something that is expected in any draft room. Part of the fun.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Seems like more incentive to make sure you change the team name before the draft begins, like immediately after you set KDS you set your team name. Yeah, the last person to fill the draft gets only 15 mins to set KDS so you need to think up the clever team name before you register and be ready to make the change.

What I miss is the ability to include a thumbnail photo. It adds as much character as does the team name.
Was that a feature that will come back at some point?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

jvetter wrote:
While this is true that we can change our team name which is reflected in the "draft results" page and "my teams" page. But it does not change our team name in the draft room or draft board. That team name is "stuck" based on what it was going into the draft.
This has now been added. Thanks to the tech team for adding this so quickly.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:13 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
jvetter wrote:
This has now been added. Thanks to the tech team for adding this so quickly.
Thanks Tom. Please give the IT team an extra banana on me. ;) :mrgreen: Really appreciate that they are on things the way they have been.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:00 pm

Okay, I'm seeing too many team names with just their last names. That's boring. Let's get creative here.

They've moved the Change Team Name feature, so here's where you can find it.

Click on any of your Team links
Go to League in the upper navigational bar
Go to League Home
Right under the NFBC logo you can see your team name (Ambrosius) with a box and a pencil in it to the right. Click on that box, rename your team and hit the checkmark to Save it. Simple as that.

Okay, let's get creative with our team names now. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:50 am

Greg, I noticed one possible glitch with the team name function. When I tried to use an apostrophe for my NL Only online auction team name, Rusty's Rooters, I got an error message saying "invalid team name." So I switched it to Staub Supporters, but figured others may be having the same issue.
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:37 pm

Le Grand Orange wrote:Greg, I noticed one possible glitch with the team name function. When I tried to use an apostrophe for my NL Only online auction team name, Rusty's Rooters, I got an error message saying "invalid team name." So I switched it to Staub Supporters, but figured others may be having the same issue.
The glitch is you come up with dumb team names. It was rejecting the stupidity:)

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Le Grand Orange wrote:Greg, I noticed one possible glitch with the team name function. When I tried to use an apostrophe for my NL Only online auction team name, Rusty's Rooters, I got an error message saying "invalid team name." So I switched it to Staub Supporters, but figured others may be having the same issue.
The new system blocks all special characters. IT dictators! :cry:

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 pm

76erfan wrote:
The glitch is you come up with dumb team names. It was rejecting the stupidity:)
Says the guy who names every team Sax this Sax that and goes by 76erfan on a fantasy baseball message board :lol:
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Le Grand Orange wrote:
76erfan wrote:
Says the guy who names every team Sax this Sax that and goes by 76erfan on a fantasy baseball message board :lol:
76ers are on a big win streak. RECOGNIZE!