Fantasy Sports Insurance Checks Going Out Soon

Greg Ambrosius

Fantasy Sports Insurance Checks Going Out Soon

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am

Okay, it looks like Fantasy Sports Insurance has finalized the MLB players who missed at least 60 games last year and will be sending out the "winning" checks soon for those owners who paid by check/cash last year and took free insurance on one player. Here is the list of players who qualified:

Madison Bumgarner
Noah Syndergaard
Trea Turner

Three players fell just short of 60 days on the DL and didn't qualify for insurance:

Carlos Correa spent 47 days on the DL.
J.D. Martinez spent 40 days on the DL
Ryan Braun spent 42 days on the DL

Those players did not qualify for the FSI insurance. Owners who had the three players at the top -- Bumgarner, Syndergaard and Turner -- can look for a check soon from FSI. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

VegasVandals

Re: Fantasy Sports Insurance Checks Going Out Soon

Post by VegasVandals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Anyone received their insurance check yet? Still waiting on mine, not sure if they’ve sent them out yet?

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, it looks like Fantasy Sports Insurance has finalized the MLB players who missed at least 60 games last year and will be sending out the "winning" checks soon for those owners who paid by check/cash last year and took free insurance on one player. Here is the list of players who qualified:

Madison Bumgarner
Noah Syndergaard
Trea Turner

Three players fell just short of 60 days on the DL and didn't qualify for insurance:

Carlos Correa spent 47 days on the DL.
J.D. Martinez spent 40 days on the DL
Ryan Braun spent 42 days on the DL

Those players did not qualify for the FSI insurance. Owners who had the three players at the top -- Bumgarner, Syndergaard and Turner -- can look for a check soon from FSI. Thanks all.
What about Carlos Gonzalez, Yoenis Cespedes, Adrian Beltre, Ian Desmond, and Zach Britton? I believe that all were on your eligible 100 list (that numbered 92) and were on the DL more than 60 days.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm

I don't think anyone had insurance on those guys, which is why we didn't list them. I can check again.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I don't think anyone had insurance on those guys, which is why we didn't list them. I can check again.
Ok. I thought you were listing all of the players that qualified from the list.

Back to the timing question - when are the checks going out? Season ended October 1.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:44 am

JohnP wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:I don't think anyone had insurance on those guys, which is why we didn't list them. I can check again.
Ok. I thought you were listing all of the players that qualified from the list.

Back to the timing question - when are the checks going out? Season ended October 1.
Insurance companies don't pay as quickly as fantasy sports game operators, as you know. This is coming from Fantasy Sports Insurance and they are still sending paperwork for us to sign. They should have everything now, so hopefully they send out checks soon. But that's on FSI.

In the future, we are going to incentivize owners to keep money on account from their winnings and pay for future events this way. As you know, in the NFFC if you leave $3,000 or more on account we'll give you $180 back, so I think this is the way we'll handle non-credit card payments. The FSI insurance program was good for 8 years, but it's possible that it's time has run its course. We don't like the late payments any more than you do, but we're not in charge of these. So maybe the Player Accounts are a better way to reward folks going forward.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:59 pm

I've had a tragically sad success rate on this insurance program...I think I've had payouts over 50% of the time. :shock:
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby