Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

Big League Wood

Re: Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

Post by Big League Wood » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Auto one needs to be resolved as quickly as possible.
The overnight clock needs to be tightened up too.
Thanks guys - apologies for previous rant.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Tyler O’Neill’s last name is missing an ‘l’.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:06 am

A) Harnessing fire; the wheel; air conditioning; the remote control; the four hour clock.

Q) Name the most important advancements in human history in reverse order.

Just the thought of going back to an eight hour clock is soul crushing.

I wonder what the thought process is for people who time out in morning hours. Do they arise and think to themselves, "Well, I'm in a fantasy baseball league with a bunch of other people. They're probably all eager to get started today. Should I take 30 seconds to check in and see if I'm up? Is that concession to basic common courtesy within my skill set? No, it doesn't appear so."

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 pm

You cannot sort the hitters by batting average, at least on mobile.

lrr

Post by lrr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Not a big deal but.... So in all the years I've drafted, I've never gone by my last name in the draft room. No team "smith" for me. But I don't change my team name until after the league is set up and the order of teams is picked. So when the league was set up, I changed my team name. I think I did it right. I clicked on my team and then clicked the team name box and changed it. On the list of teams, it shows the name I picked as my team name. But my team still goes by my last name in the draft room and the emails that everyone receives. Anyone else have this problem? What am I doing wrong. I noticed that three quarters of the teams in my league are going by their last names. Seems like a lot.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:13 pm

lrr wrote:Not a big deal but.... So in all the years I've drafted, I've never gone by my last name in the draft room. No team "smith" for me. But I don't change my team name until after the league is set up and the order of teams is picked. So when the league was set up, I changed my team name. I think I did it right. I clicked on my team and then clicked the team name box and changed it. On the list of teams, it shows the name I picked as my team name. But my team still goes by my last name in the draft room and the emails that everyone receives. Anyone else have this problem? What am I doing wrong. I noticed that three quarters of the teams in my league are going by their last names. Seems like a lot.
Yeah, it doesn't change on the draft board once the draft has started, but it does change on your team page. We can look at that going forward, but let's get some of these other items checked off first. I guess you need to change your team name after you sign up until we get this updated. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 am

Okay, I’ve been using the new site/draft room for about a week now. Things i’ve Noticed:
1. I am now able to adjust KDS on my phone. Woot woot! Prior platform I was not.
2. The KDS page displays the exact time that KDS locks for that league. Woot woot! Prior platform didn’t
3. I’ve had no issues with using my phone to make many of my picks, navigate through players, etc
4. Auto1 is the one glaring weakness; however it sounds like a solution is on the near horizon
5. The night clock pause is too long. I would trim it down at least 2 hours

All in all, looking very nice right now. Once auto1 is functional and a couple other items are optimized, will be excellent!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:13 pm

1 Round Auto has been completed and will be added to new drafts starting early next week. There is still some final testing that has to be done this weekend, but we will be adding this soon. Plan accordingly and sorry about the delay on this great tool.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:1 Round Auto has been completed and will be added to new drafts starting early next week. There is still some final testing that has to be done this weekend, but we will be adding this soon. Plan accordingly and sorry about the delay on this great tool.
:o Reaction from around the world quickly poured in! :mrgreen:

Even the IT guy was surprised. :mrgreen:

Okay, I'll admit it. The last two were for Greg. ;) Now back to the lab for customizable multi-round auto coming in 2019! :lol:

Alright, dammit! Great that we have Auto-1. Thanks. I said it. Now fuck off, Shawn. :P
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Teufel Hunden

Post by Teufel Hunden » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:1 Round Auto has been completed and will be added to new drafts starting early next week. There is still some final testing that has to be done this weekend, but we will be adding this soon. Plan accordingly and sorry about the delay on this great tool.
Did I miss the 1 Round Auto Grand Launch? Was sure there would be a ceremony and a moment of silence to commemorate all the draft time that had been wasted.

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm currently in rd 34 of a DC. The draft room on my laptop is sluggish compared to the old one but workable. Trying to rearrange players in the queue is a step back. Many times I am trying to move a player a couple spots up or down and he disappears and reappears halfway down the list. Plus I can only see 3-4 players at a time instead of 10 in the old room so it makes it that much more difficult to rearrange. Very frustrating.

One suggestion I'd like to make tho is to bring back the "double arrow" feature in the queue. If a player is #15 in the q you could press 1 button to send him right to the top of the list and another to send him to the bottom. I used that so often in the old draft room and it sucks to not have it anymore.

Drafting from my phone is actually worse than years past but that's another story. I can only see 1 player at a time in the main player list or in my q and scrolling sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I have a new blackberry classic less than a year old but I'm sure the draft room wasn't built with blackberries in mind.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm

I hope that Auto-1 is now good to go from what I'm reading hear. And I do agree that the queue functionality still needs some work. The moving of players up and down in the queue is not good. I like some of the ideas suggested.

And one additional thing that should be any easy fix would be the ability to download a copy of our draft boards so that we can share it with others if we would like. Right now only owners within the league have access to the their draft boards, and the links do not allow access if shared, and nor can the board be downloaded as a file in some form to share via text, email, etc. It's next to impossible to shrink the board down for a screen shot on a phone or to even take a pic of the entire board from your computer screen. Is there anyway of changing this for us? Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 am

In my first draft with the new Draft Room. I think its awesome, nice work. Also love the 4 Hour Limit, our draft is moving a long just fine for a slow draft. Keep it going NFBC!
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Is there a way to check the status of your own drafts like in years past, without actually going into the draft room. I'm not seeing it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Josh R wrote:Is there a way to check the status of your own drafts like in years past, without actually going into the draft room. I'm not seeing it.
Not at this point Josh, but it is something we plan on adding. That was a great feature we had with STATS the last couple of years. I'll double check with IT on that point.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius