Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

NorCalAtlFan

Re: Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:I also talked with another drafter who would prefer that history should be kept somewhere in the room, but players names that are drafted, eliminated from chat.
This can be done in the Chat. See that wheel in the middle, to the right of the eye in the Chat row? Click on that and you can have just Chat or just Picks. It defaults to having both, but you are the master of that domain!! 8-)
Ah cool! I will let him know. Thanks.
such a shill............... :P

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:23 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:such a shill............... :P
I'm calling Shawn. He's going to beat you up. :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 pm

If you are in a current draft, you can now see the Draft Results in real-time like we had before. Just go to My Teams, click on your username for that team and go to Draft in the top navigation bar. Pull down to Results and you'll see them listed from the first pick in the first round to the current pick now. Enjoy.

Nobody will be able to see other leagues' draft results until all drafts are done, but that feature will be available like it always has been. Right now all you can see is your league's draft results.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Okay, since it's not looking like I'm going to hear back from anyone soon (or perhaps ever), and I'm sorry in advance if only Michael has all the great input on the draft room, but can we please fix the issue that all of the rookie players as far as I can tell are listed as only UT eligible only? Makes roster construction kind of difficult. It would also be nice if there could be two different colors to differentiate between both starting pitchers and reliever pitchers on the draft board. Also the issue of not being able to scroll your queue on a mobile device is a major problem. It kind of makes the feature worthless especially as you get deeper into drafts and have a ton of guys in your queue. Also on a programming note that should be a quick fix: the automated emails that get sent to us (if we have this feature engaged) still say "SLOW DRAFT" identifying them. This is obviously not what they are called now and just bad branding. Finally, the text alert enabling feature needs to be set up if at all possible. If people can choose to not get emails, this could be set up and they can opt out of these as well if they would like so the data usage issue won't be an issue for people who have this concern. This will enable those of us in the majority who really like these drafts to move at a faster pace(and by faster, I don't mean at a lightning fast Fast DC pace like I host, but faster than two-three rounds per day). Why can't this be done, or can it? More shitty input to come. I'm working on it now... :roll:
Just bumping this up to get a response to all that I wrote unless we are only taking selective input and criticism now. The ability to scroll your queue on a mobile device is a major glitch that needs top priority. Pretty please with sugar on top if this helps.

Love,
Snake 2.0 :roll: :roll: :roll:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

uky

Post by uky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Can't wait to do the first MTM slow. It'll give me a look at WTF y'all are referring to. :shock:
Bill Cleavenger
Big Blue Nation..We don't rebuild, we reload

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Any rookie who played at least one game in the majors last year did have position eligibility in the draft room, but you are correct that all minor-leaguers were listed as UT. That has been corrected and those designated positions based on last year's minor-league games will show up starting tomorrow morning. Sorry for this error, but this won't be listed this way going forward.

As for League Home not having owner's names and emails now like they had in the past, that is not a SportsHub or programming issue. I won't delve into it all now, but let's just say this is all part of the new state DFS laws and how we are allowed to protect consumers. We are asking for clarification because this seems as dumb as it gets, but any animosity on this directed at the new company is ill-advised. Blame the government.

Again, we are seeking clarification, but that is why usernames are showing even on the pages with badges this year rather than full names. I'm as perplexed as you, but those are the FACTS and it's not Fake News. Stay tuned for a hopeful update on that.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:40 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Any rookie who played at least one game in the majors last year did have position eligibility in the draft room, but you are correct that all minor-leaguers were listed as UT. That has been corrected and those designated positions based on last year's minor-league games will show up starting tomorrow morning. Sorry for this error, but this won't be listed this way going forward.

As for League Home not having owner's names and emails now like they had in the past, that is not a SportsHub or programming issue. I won't delve into it all now, but let's just say this is all part of the new state DFS laws and how we are allowed to protect consumers. We are asking for clarification because this seems as dumb as it gets, but any animosity on this directed at the new company is ill-advised. Blame the government.

Again, we are seeking clarification, but that is why usernames are showing even on the pages with badges this year rather than full names. I'm as perplexed as you, but those are the FACTS and it's not Fake News. Stay tuned for a hopeful update on that.

No one said this was fake news nor has animosity towards the company, so I don't know why you're having a complex about it. I am quite sure that the new laws suck and are making things difficult, as that is what they are inherently designed to do. However, if this is the case, then how do you explain that all player names, who are the consumers by the way, are listed on the league sign up threads on the message boards, but then they have to go ghost once the league is formed and under way? Seems to be a bit of an inconsistency there based on what you're telling us. And whatever the case, something creative needs to be done here, because as I said in my "We Deserve Better...post (which has completely ignored to date), you can't have a major competition where there is money on the line and not know who your competitors are throughout and afterwards by trying to memorize usernames after the fact. And no one is saying that personal info beyond names needs to be shared including emails and the like, but there is no reason that violates any privacy laws that I know of that would prevent league chat and messages/emails being sent through an anonymous system as it was set up before. Communication and camaraderie is what it's all about in the NFBC, and if everyone needs to start becoming anonymous, that's a more serious issue than it's being merited. Teams names, logos, and the personalities you're interacting with all add the color, spice, and flavor to this competition, and is a huge part of what keeps people coming back to play and spend money to be entertained.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:52 am

For once, we will agree on one thing: The Privacy rules that are put in all of our licensing contracts with the state of New York, Missouri, Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee and others makes no sense. They are asking us to be as transparent as possible with who you are playing against and yet telling us to not list those names so that we can protect the privacy of these players. It is a conflict that we are trying to understand with the help of the states and once we have that figured out hopefully we will proceed as we have in the past.

But our license covers all of the contests at SportsHub Technologies and we can't jeopardize CDM or Fanball or any of our other properties just so that you and everyone else can see the names of your fellow NFBC owners. We have to report to the Gaming Commissions regularly, so we want to make sure we are doing what they require us to do. We believe that if we explain how people spend big money to compete for cash prizes that they will eventually allow us to show the names and set up a communication tool. But that's not a guarantee. We have a plan that might get that done while still honoring the intent of the license, but we'll see.

And yes, I am still listing all of the owners on the Message Boards as we have done now for 15 straight years as being totally transparent with our contests. And yes, I'm probably going to go to jail for it, but I've decided to run into the town square fully naked because I believe this is the right thing to do. I, like you, didn't know this was part of our license and thus thought if I was paying $1600 to compete in our event I'd also like to know who I'm playing against, and the same is true for a $150 Draft Champions league that starts tomorrow. I will continue to do this until I'm told to quit or they come into our Iola offices and lock me up in the Waupaca County jail.

Everyone should tell their state legislators that 1) there's a big difference between DFS and season-long fantasy games, so why are they lumped together in this same law? And 2) that camaraderie is the lifeblood of season-long games and they again are tying in why they don't want owners listed in DFS contests with why they can't be listed in a high-stakes competition. We have been compliant with laws well before there were these state laws, but now the extra governing is actually getting a little ridiculous.

I'm just telling you the facts. And as I said, we are asking to see if we can move beyond the letter of the law.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 am

I promise this is my last post of the day with MTM, but it's important. It's important for everyone.

Every single point that is made by MTM or anyone else on these boards or via email or via text or via phone that helps us improve the contest is GREATLY appreciated and accepted by all of us. That's a fact. You folks are using the site every second of every day and nobody can tell us what can be done better than the folks that use it. Tom and I don't spend 1% of our time compared to you on the game site or in the draft room. That's also a fact. So EVERY suggestion that can help us make the site better is appreciated. We now have a tech team in place that will act on our suggestions and they want to make this software the best in the industry, just as you do. If we haven't proven that our new company is totally committed to this space by now, well, then you haven't been paying attention.

What I'm disappointed about the criticisms on the new draft room are where they came from and what resulted from that. MTM gave the new online draft room a big thumbs down and many who haven't even seen the new draft room agreed with him. He was fighting for EVERYONE to Make The NFBC Great Again....excuse me, Make The NFBC Better.

You can correct me if I'm wrong Mike, but you make all of your picks on your phone. You aren't sitting in front of a 27" desktop monitor or even a 13" desktop monitor drafting this DC team. You are doing it on a 5" phone. That is why you are BEGGING for the Que to be bigger on your phone. You want to load players into your Que on your phone. Your criticism came from your drafting experience on the phone.

Now not everyone is going to draft 50 rounds on their phone. And as Dan Kenyon has eloquently stated, the new draft room is functional, there appears to be no tech hiccups in selecting players or putting them in your Que, and drafts are moving smoothly. It's easy to Chat in the new draft room, the draft board is similar to the past one, and you can even change your player's positions on your roster during the draft. As Dan said, this new online draft room is better than the STATS HTML or Flash draft room and I totally agree. And we'll continue to make it better for desktop or laptop drafting, and of course eventually for improving the phone experience.

Remember, for most of our years at STATS we used the Flash draft room, which was developed around 2001 or 2002, and which is software that is no longer supported on computers. Flash is a dinosaur. And the HTML draft room was never accepted by our desktop drafters. We know because we could see who used HTML or Flash in every single draft. Last year more than 80 percent (and Tom agrees it's much higher than that) used the old Flash draft software. Why? Because it was reliable and simple. You could see more players in the default list than the HTML version. You could use the HTML version on your phone or on Apple products like the iPad, but few used it for a regular draft. It's kind of like the old FAAB and the new FAAB at STATS. Well, just so you know, there will be just one FAAB here!!

Okay, so we've advanced past Flash draft software. We now have a draft room that works very well and is better than what we've had before. It's customizable to all platforms, but when you shrink a 27" draft room to a 21" monitor it looks a little different. And when you shrink that down to a 13" desktop monitor it looks even more different. And when you shrink it down to the iPad size, you lose a little more and then down to the 5" smartphone even more. As IT explained, for us to customize the size and fit of the entire draft room to those sizes it will take separate programming jobs for each device. And that was never the intent right out of the gate. Eventually the entire company will need that -- or maybe it's a drafting app for phones -- but it's not there now. You can certainly easily make a draft pick from a phone -- which is what we wanted -- but putting 40 players in a Que from a phone isn't ideal. Do that from your home computer before you leave work and watch those players leave the Que before your next pick.

So there's nothing wrong with the request to expand the Que on the phone, but that isn't happening separately. And the Que can load as many players as you want on the desktop. But my point is that not everyone drafts like the person who said there are too many faults with the new draft room to list. Get into a draft and find out for yourself. Hell, a $50 DC will show you everything that Dan has talked about. And the suggestions by others on items we overlooked or screwed up on we are addressing and fixing. We have 8 drafts going now and we'll likely have 800+ by season's end. Everything we are doing now will make the busy February-March months so seamless, so why would I be upset?

We're happy that some folks are making DC picks from their phones and keeping drafts cruising. We know how 1 Round Auto will help speed them up, and multiple Round Ques will help even more. We couldn't even draft from some devices before. We're making progress together, but jump on a desktop to draft once, ride that baby hard and then let's have this conversation. Any and all suggestions to improve it will be considered. But we're not just talking about making the NFBC better, we already have and will continue to do that. See it for yourself...on a bigger screen.

And we will make FAAB better and Search for players on your teams better and so on and so on. Will we get it all perfect out of the gate? I highly doubt it. But we are progressing and I'm proud to stand behind the IT guys who are making that happen. Come join us and see for yourself.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 am

Two more observations...

I find myself having to refresh the screen all the time. Quite often moves are made but the screen doesn’t update unless I refresh the screen. It was become an automatic thing for me to do.

I’m in DC 2 and we are not drafting any faster than in previous years. Almost two weeks now and we are in round 31. The 4 hour limit is fine but the 8 hour pause is a bit too long. I would suggest cutting the pause to 4-6 hours.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am

mdecav wrote:Two more observations...

I find myself having to refresh the screen all the time. Quite often moves are made but the screen doesn’t update unless I refresh the screen. It was become an automatic thing for me to do.

I’m in DC 2 and we are not drafting any faster than in previous years. Almost two weeks now and we are in round 31. The 4 hour limit is fine but the 8 hour pause is a bit too long. I would suggest cutting the pause to 4-6 hours.
Two other drafts that started at the exact same time are in Round 44 and Round 41. Your fellow owners have definitely slowed that draft down. I wish that wasn't the case, but that's happening.

I will send to IT for input. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

coachmo

Post by coachmo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 am

speaking of slow a guy is going to time out on the 2nd pick of the first round #getmeoutahere

coachmo

Post by coachmo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 am

Greg and Tom really should list avg pick time per owner so know who to avoid in a draft
Of course if you cant list owners to team names won't help much

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 am

I agree that the night time hours should be decreased to 4-6 hours.
An email to each drafter reminding them that they can pick during night hours could raise awareness as well.
We're in the draft that is in the 44th round and the night clock has had an effect in that a lot of drafters rely on it, making it a 12 hour pick.
This has been the only sticking point to a smooth draft.
Most likely, this will only get worse as news from baseball becomes more important.
We do have auto in our drafters arsenal and soon we will have auto 1 or more for more rounds.

2-8 A.M., EST would be a good start now and if that proves still too long, we can go to four hours when we get auto1-5 powers.
Four hours of drafting time on each side of those hours is more than enough time for a 'live' pick.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:37 am

To be fair, I brought this up in our draft room and most of the drafters wanted to keep the 8-hour clock, just in case 'something' happens.
On my tombstone-

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:And yes, I am still listing all of the owners on the Message Boards as we have done now for 15 straight years as being totally transparent with our contests. And yes, I'm probably going to go to jail for it, but I've decided to run into the town square fully naked because I believe this is the right thing to do. I, like you, didn't know this was part of our license and thus thought if I was paying $1600 to compete in our event I'd also like to know who I'm playing against, and the same is true for a $150 Draft Champions league that starts tomorrow. I will continue to do this until I'm told to quit or they come into our Iola offices and lock me up in the Waupaca County jail.
Archive photo of Greg seconds before things went sideways and he snapped a young David Caruso's wrist.

All jokes aside, I appreciate you taking a stand on this.

tema213

Post by tema213 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm in the first draft and I think my biggest issue with the draft platform is Doughboys. The jerk took Betts at 13 and didn't let him fall to me at 15! :D Sure there have been some hiccups and whatnot, but all in all nothing has really been too problematic. I've had to draft on my phone/ipad and it was fine, and Greg/Tom/Darik have been johnny on the spot whenever the admin button has been pushed. All things considered I think the draft is running pretty smoothly. It's been a good group of people to draft with to be sure too.

If I had suggest the first improvement to make, it'd probably be to prioritize the auto-1/auto-X rounds feature.

With regard to the 8 hour pause, I was one of those who pushed back a little on shortening that. For those of us on the best coast, the clock pauses from 10pm - 6am. Cutting the overnight window would essentially require me to make sure I check the draft just before I go to bed and right as I wake up. Sometimes that's doable. Other times - mostly in the morning - kids and life just find a way get in the way. 3 year olds don't give a sh!t that you're on the clock when they're waiting on their pancakes.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 pm

tema213 wrote:I'm in the first draft and I think my biggest issue with the draft platform is Doughboys. The jerk took Betts at 13 and didn't let him fall to me at 15! :D Sure there have been some hiccups and whatnot, but all in all nothing has really been too problematic. I've had to draft on my phone/ipad and it was fine, and Greg/Tom/Darik have been johnny on the spot whenever the admin button has been pushed. All things considered I think the draft is running pretty smoothly. It's been a good group of people to draft with to be sure too.

If I had suggest the first improvement to make, it'd probably be to prioritize the auto-1/auto-X rounds feature.

With regard to the 8 hour pause, I was one of those who pushed back a little on shortening that. For those of us on the best coast, the clock pauses from 10pm - 6am. Cutting the overnight window would essentially require me to make sure I check the draft just before I go to bed and right as I wake up. Sometimes that's doable. Other times - mostly in the morning - kids and life just find a way get in the way. 3 year olds don't give a sh!t that you're on the clock when they're waiting on their pancakes.
Ha!
I've drafted with you too many times to know that you need any one player to make a great team.
Fear the Macey's!

This was the first draft ever from this new IT team and I give them very high marks.
The chat box is awesome. Way more bells and whistles than with Stats.
Finding the players is of ease.
I'm drafting players with 'who I want' in mind, not 'how do I draft this player' reckoning.

I wanted to be in the initial draft.
I expected many problems in the first draft. It's a first draft after all. There should be glitches.
But the draft had no stoppages. No glitches.
Everybody in the draft is happy as we head towards the 47th round.
Good Stuff.
On my tombstone-

SpinningSeams

Post by SpinningSeams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 pm

I couldn't agree more Dan. Started this morning and nearly through 3 rounds. Moving right along. Bronx Yankees and myself have been marveling at how everything is functioning. A good experience. :D
Scott
"SpinningSeams"

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 pm

SpinningSeams wrote:I couldn't agree more Dan. Started this morning and nearly through 3 rounds. Moving right along. Bronx Yankees and myself have been marveling at how everything is functioning. A good experience. :D
Agreed. So far, so good. Now completing my first day in the new draft room and can attest that it already is far superior to the old draft room. The chat function is much, much better. I also like some of the added functions and options. The newer features can be appreciated more on a desktop or tablet than phone. There are minor nits, and adding back Auto One will help (Auto Two would be great eventually as well), but we already are ahead of years past and it sounds like improvements are being made with additional ones in the works. Well done!

I’d vote for a maximum six-hour overnight pause instead of an eight-hour one. With the four-hour clock and an eight-hour pause, you potentially are looking at a maximum 12-hour interval between picks, and there is no real justification for that when the point is to transition from a maximum eight-hour interval to something LESS with an overnight accommodation. Perhaps when the Auto One function is returned, it will be easier to shorten the pause to six hours (if someone cannot make a single pick within a maximum 10-hour interval, they arguably should be using Auto).

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:08 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I promise this is my last post of the day with MTM, but it's important. It's important for everyone.

Every single point that is made by MTM or anyone else on these boards or via email or via text or via phone that helps us improve the contest is GREATLY appreciated and accepted by all of us. That's a fact. You folks are using the site every second of every day and nobody can tell us what can be done better than the folks that use it. Tom and I don't spend 1% of our time compared to you on the game site or in the draft room. That's also a fact. So EVERY suggestion that can help us make the site better is appreciated. We now have a tech team in place that will act on our suggestions and they want to make this software the best in the industry, just as you do. If we haven't proven that our new company is totally committed to this space by now, well, then you haven't been paying attention.

What I'm disappointed about the criticisms on the new draft room are where they came from and what resulted from that. MTM gave the new online draft room a big thumbs down and many who haven't even seen the new draft room agreed with him. He was fighting for EVERYONE to Make The NFBC Great Again....excuse me, Make The NFBC Better.

You can correct me if I'm wrong Mike, but you make all of your picks on your phone. You aren't sitting in front of a 27" desktop monitor or even a 13" desktop monitor drafting this DC team. You are doing it on a 5" phone. That is why you are BEGGING for the Que to be bigger on your phone. You want to load players into your Que on your phone. Your criticism came from your drafting experience on the phone.

Now not everyone is going to draft 50 rounds on their phone. And as Dan Kenyon has eloquently stated, the new draft room is functional, there appears to be no tech hiccups in selecting players or putting them in your Que, and drafts are moving smoothly. It's easy to Chat in the new draft room, the draft board is similar to the past one, and you can even change your player's positions on your roster during the draft. As Dan said, this new online draft room is better than the STATS HTML or Flash draft room and I totally agree. And we'll continue to make it better for desktop or laptop drafting, and of course eventually for improving the phone experience.

Remember, for most of our years at STATS we used the Flash draft room, which was developed around 2001 or 2002, and which is software that is no longer supported on computers. Flash is a dinosaur. And the HTML draft room was never accepted by our desktop drafters. We know because we could see who used HTML or Flash in every single draft. Last year more than 80 percent (and Tom agrees it's much higher than that) used the old Flash draft software. Why? Because it was reliable and simple. You could see more players in the default list than the HTML version. You could use the HTML version on your phone or on Apple products like the iPad, but few used it for a regular draft. It's kind of like the old FAAB and the new FAAB at STATS. Well, just so you know, there will be just one FAAB here!!

Okay, so we've advanced past Flash draft software. We now have a draft room that works very well and is better than what we've had before. It's customizable to all platforms, but when you shrink a 27" draft room to a 21" monitor it looks a little different. And when you shrink that down to a 13" desktop monitor it looks even more different. And when you shrink it down to the iPad size, you lose a little more and then down to the 5" smartphone even more. As IT explained, for us to customize the size and fit of the entire draft room to those sizes it will take separate programming jobs for each device. And that was never the intent right out of the gate. Eventually the entire company will need that -- or maybe it's a drafting app for phones -- but it's not there now. You can certainly easily make a draft pick from a phone -- which is what we wanted -- but putting 40 players in a Que from a phone isn't ideal. Do that from your home computer before you leave work and watch those players leave the Que before your next pick.

So there's nothing wrong with the request to expand the Que on the phone, but that isn't happening separately. And the Que can load as many players as you want on the desktop. But my point is that not everyone drafts like the person who said there are too many faults with the new draft room to list. Get into a draft and find out for yourself. Hell, a $50 DC will show you everything that Dan has talked about. And the suggestions by others on items we overlooked or screwed up on we are addressing and fixing. We have 8 drafts going now and we'll likely have 800+ by season's end. Everything we are doing now will make the busy February-March months so seamless, so why would I be upset?

We're happy that some folks are making DC picks from their phones and keeping drafts cruising. We know how 1 Round Auto will help speed them up, and multiple Round Ques will help even more. We couldn't even draft from some devices before. We're making progress together, but jump on a desktop to draft once, ride that baby hard and then let's have this conversation. Any and all suggestions to improve it will be considered. But we're not just talking about making the NFBC better, we already have and will continue to do that. See it for yourself...on a bigger screen.

And we will make FAAB better and Search for players on your teams better and so on and so on. Will we get it all perfect out of the gate? I highly doubt it. But we are progressing and I'm proud to stand behind the IT guys who are making that happen. Come join us and see for yourself.

You know what, Greg, I'm just going to have to go at this another way, because obviously you are choosing to take this personally and make me the scapegoat for all that ails you and the NFBC and maybe even what's going on in the fantasy sports industry right now for all I know. "Correct me if I'm wrong" you say? That'll never happen. Been trying to bring things to your attention for years now, while only trying to help and make things better and not with catch phrases similar to the ones like this royal jackass we have in office right now uses, or for shock value, or to hear myself talk. I have made you guys a lot of money and invested a ton of my own money and other resources of time, energy, creativity, etc. into the NFBC without a nickel of expectation in return other than the hopes that you take it all for what it's worth and utilize and implement as much of it as possible for all of our collective benefit. Go back and read my post and find where I said that I gave the new draft room a "big thumbs down", because I did not (and if it is so fucking bad, why I have I been busy trying to fill another league up for you using it including some guys who haven't even used it yet this season?). :roll: I just didn't come out with the rave reviews that you wanted to hear from everyone. And no, I do not draft entirely from my phone, but I do do a lot of drafting from my phone. And you know who else does: Millenials. The 75 million plus of them who will be ages 21-37 in 2018. They also happen to be a big part of your customer base and growing, and they live on their phones and mobile devices. Hard to believe, I know, but outside of Iola, WI, that's how the world is today. So of all things, making the draft room mobile friendly should be a top priority, and having a queue that you can only see nine players on the screen for at any given time with no ability to scroll through the rest isn't good. Even the old draft room on a mobile device could do this. But is this draft room incarnation better? Yes it is! Holy fuck! I said it! But does that make it even close to what it could have and should have been when it was rolled out in my opinion if I'm being painfully honest (which when have I not been?), no! It fell short of expectations, but then again I have very high standards which I'm not going to lower or compromise for good enough especially based on what I put into this venture every year in terms of my blood, sweat, and cashola. And I can also tell you definitively that the FAAB System functionality which you seem to be pretty nonchalant about on here is going to be a huge determining factor on how many additional Main Event teams many of your higher rollers are going to purchase this year along with some of the other higher ticket events. So it wouldn't be a good idea if the plan is to just tell me and them, "trust me, it's going to be much better than last year". It's not that we entirely don't, but seeing is believing and so is trying it out first if at all possible.

That's enough for this morning, but I'll leave you some words of wisdom from the late, great Earl Weaver, which is one of my favorite business quotes of all time: "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

And one more thing. I have been posting in all bold for years. It's part of my particular idiom,and just one of the many things that makes me the lovable and endearing son-of-a-bitch that I am. :mrgreen:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Just an update: Darik and I did have a good meeting today with the IT group as we went over a few tech questions. I think we have a good idea for a new Watch List that we'll announce once we have this ironed out, but I like it. More on that later, but kudos to the IT guys for this new idea.

I asked if we could get screen shots of how the new FAAB works when this is stylized and finished so that I can post them here for all to see. That will at least show you how this new page will work along with the Search features. But let's go one step further. We will assemble a group of you to test it out once it's done so that folks can test out the new features and help us tweak it before the drafting season for many FAAB leagues. It will be a great way to make sure this works to perfection well before the big money events take place and it will be a way for real NFBC players to let others know about this new setup that should save you a lot of time during the season.

We will do that, I promise. We still have a lot of work to do, but hopefully we can do this next month and get some of you to enjoy a day of FAAB!! Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Noticing on draft boards that the names don't always scale. sometimes they cut off
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just an update: Darik and I did have a good meeting today with the IT group as we went over a few tech questions. I think we have a good idea for a new Watch List that we'll announce once we have this ironed out, but I like it. More on that later, but kudos to the IT guys for this new idea.

I asked if we could get screen shots of how the new FAAB works when this is stylized and finished so that I can post them here for all to see. That will at least show you how this new page will work along with the Search features. But let's go one step further. We will assemble a group of you to test it out once it's done so that folks can test out the new features and help us tweak it before the drafting season for many FAAB leagues. It will be a great way to make sure this works to perfection well before the big money events take place and it will be a way for real NFBC players to let others know about this new setup that should save you a lot of time during the season.

We will do that, I promise. We still have a lot of work to do, but hopefully we can do this next month and get some of you to enjoy a day of FAAB!! Thanks all.

This is an awesome idea, Greg! Thanks for making this happen. It will be a big help to a lot of us. 8-)

There's no punchline. That's it. :mrgreen:

Donnie Baseball

Post by Donnie Baseball » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:51 pm

I have the draft room is working superbly on my iPad. Very scaled. Much better than I expected. Thanks guys and keep the improvements coming. It is all good.