Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

mdecav

Re: Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

Post by mdecav » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Greg - if we want to pick a generic player name for a player not in the pool, how do we do that?

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 pm

The chat window scroll doesn't work or work well on an iMac.

I frequently get "too many login attempts" when accessing the message board, even on the first time. So then I have to enter the captcha.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:46 pm

fwicker wrote:The chat window scroll doesn't work or work well on an iMac.

I frequently get "too many login attempts" when accessing the message board, even on the first time. So then I have to enter the captcha.
Do you mean the MB's?
I'm getting that in logging on to the MB's.
It's annoying! :x
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 pm

mdecav wrote:Greg - if we want to pick a generic player name for a player not in the pool, how do we do that?
Placeholder and then I'll get him into the player pool.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 am

Two more quirks.

1. The timestamps in the History tab first show when a player is picked; the error with different times has been fixed. But, when an owner moves the player in his Lineup (again in my mind unnecessary for drafts - maybe it’s useful for your software for auctions) this is reflected in the time stamp. Not sure why the time stamp in History needs to be updated for Lineup moves by an owner.

2. When you search for players in the Players tab and is already filtered by a particular position, this does not work well with multipositional players. Case in point: TJ Rivera qualifies at 1B and 3B. I can find him if the filter is on at 1B, but not for 3B.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 am

Can we get an update on a few things? Mainly on the status of getting at least the Auto-One feature going, the queue on the mobile device to be able to scroll through your entire queue, not just the first nine guys on the screen (someone texted me a great point on this the other day-if we can get the entire player list to scroll on a mobile device including positional sub-lists, why can't the queue be programmed to do the same? This is a HUGE fix that is needed as badly as the auto one feature. Also an ETA on having at least the same owner's list as that is put up the boards when these leagues are created listed on the league home page with the ability to create our team names and logos rather than @something, and a way to at least anonymously communicate with the members of the league via hidden emails if you cannot post these yet. Thanks.

And P.S. I'm pretty sure that this can be done. Can a league admin be assigned so that in these Fast DC's and others that would like to appoint one, one person can make picks for owners who are away from their computers and mobile devices and resolve problems without the need to call in for outside help? This would also lighten the load on you guys as well.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 am

mdecav wrote:Two more quirks.

1. The timestamps in the History tab first show when a player is picked; the error with different times has been fixed. But, when an owner moves the player in his Lineup (again in my mind unnecessary for drafts - maybe it’s useful for your software for auctions) this is reflected in the time stamp. Not sure why the time stamp in History needs to be updated for Lineup moves by an owner.

2. When you search for players in the Players tab and is already filtered by a particular position, this does not work well with multipositional players. Case in point: TJ Rivera qualifies at 1B and 3B. I can find him if the filter is on at 1B, but not for 3B.
1. In Chat, if you click on that wheel in the middle of the line Chat, you can click off Draft Log. That would eliminate the picks going in the Chat and the lineup moves. Seems like that is what you want.

2. I would assume the filter shows him in his primary position. I can ask about showing him multiple times.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:Can we get an update on a few things? Mainly on the status of getting at least the Auto-One feature going, the queue on the mobile device to be able to scroll through your entire queue, not just the first nine guys on the screen (someone texted me a great point on this the other day-if we can get the entire player list to scroll on a mobile device including positional sub-lists, why can't the queue be programmed to do the same? This is a HUGE fix that is needed as badly as the auto one feature. Also an ETA on having at least the same owner's list as that is put up the boards when these leagues are created listed on the league home page with the ability to create our team names and logos rather than @something, and a way to at least anonymously communicate with the members of the league via hidden emails if you cannot post these yet. Thanks.

And P.S. I'm pretty sure that this can be done. Can a league admin be assigned so that in these Fast DC's and others that would like to appoint one, one person can make picks for owners who are away from their computers and mobile devices and resolve problems without the need to call in for outside help? This would also lighten the load on you guys as well.
We have had the programmers test out the Que on the iPhone and it works. There isn't a scroll bar there, but you can pull down within the box to move the players. We had dozens of players in there and easily moved them up and down. Make sure you have the latest browser update and latest software update. You can email me the phone type and browser you are using and if it's not an iPhone we will find a way to test it out, but it already does this.

Happy to report that we have clearance to add player's full names to the League Home page. We're looking at a solution to have communication without posting email addresses, since that is now part of your login to the site. We're looking at options to make that work within the league as well.

No league admin for individual leagues, same as it was at STATS. We're here to help if you need help making a pick. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mdecav wrote:1. OK yes that works as a workaround, although I'd recommend (as I did previously) that any Roster moves made do not make it to chat. It is not relevant to my draft.

2. "Primary position" might have a specific definition (I assume the position most games played) but it should not be relevant in search. If a player splits his time evenly between two positions what's his primary position then?

A few other points:

3. Under a pitchers player page, ERA and WHIP in the Game Log are not helpful stats for a single game. I would recommend showing Runs and Earned Runs given up that game instead. I'd recommend the columns be in-line similar to a box score: IP H R ER BB SO not IP K BB H ERA WHIP.

4. Under a hitters player Stats/Game Log page, can you move the RBI column from before runs to after HR and before SB? We typically view RBI after HR.

5. Does Fullscreen under Draft Settings have any purpose on phones?

6. Rookie hitters who haven't played a game in the majors still show as utility. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed?
This is fixed for all minor-leaguers who haven't played a game in the majors yet. However, this was done while about 4-5 drafts were in progress, including the one you are in. Those positions will be automatically updated once the draft is completed. All other drafts that have started since then have minor-leaguers with their correct positions listed. Your draft had already started and thus the update couldn't be installed during the draft.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:58 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:Can we get an update on a few things? Mainly on the status of getting at least the Auto-One feature going, the queue on the mobile device to be able to scroll through your entire queue, not just the first nine guys on the screen (someone texted me a great point on this the other day-if we can get the entire player list to scroll on a mobile device including positional sub-lists, why can't the queue be programmed to do the same? This is a HUGE fix that is needed as badly as the auto one feature. Also an ETA on having at least the same owner's list as that is put up the boards when these leagues are created listed on the league home page with the ability to create our team names and logos rather than @something, and a way to at least anonymously communicate with the members of the league via hidden emails if you cannot post these yet. Thanks.

We have had the programmers test out the Que on the iPhone and it works. There isn't a scroll bar there, but you can pull down within the box to move the players. We had dozens of players in there and easily moved them up and down. Make sure you have the latest browser update and latest software update. You can email me the phone type and browser you are using and if it's not an iPhone we will find a way to test it out, but it already does this.

Happy to report that we have clearance to add player's full names to the League Home page. We're looking at a solution to have communication without posting email addresses, since that is now part of your login to the site. We're looking at options to make that work within the league as well.

No league admin for individual leagues, same as it was at STATS. We're here to help if you need help making a pick. Good luck all.
The queue on a mobile Samsung phone does not scroll and you can only drag up and down players that appear on the screen...all nine or so of them. I would venture to say that at least half of the NFBC clientele utilize these devices as does the rest of the world, so having iphone functionality only for the queue on a mobile device isn't sufficient. Can you please look into this further to see what it will take for IT to fix this. I'm still not getting how we can scroll all player lists and positional sub-lists, but not our queues. And this is not the browser or the phone, it's the software.

Good news on being able to add the player names for the leagues, but will be able to add logos and team names at some point for the draft room? And on the subject. while in the draft room, whether it's on a desk top, laptop or other mobile device, we are not able to scroll back and forth across the top of the page to see players/teams in the draft order and who is coming beyond the screen that you're on. This amounts to about 11 teams on a phone and 16 on a laptop. Anyway to fix this beyond using the draft board screen?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:37 am

Sorry, Michael. I tried quoting your question to #6 above and screwed it up. Here was my answer to #6:

This is fixed for all minor-leaguers who haven't played a game in the majors yet. However, this was done while about 4-5 drafts were in progress, including the one you are in. Those positions will be automatically updated once the draft is completed. All other drafts that have started since then have minor-leaguers with their correct positions listed. Your draft had already started and thus the update couldn't be installed during the draft.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 am

Correct. The top bar that shows who is next in the draft order was not designed to be scrolled. It shows the next 20 picks. It's not on our To Do list to make that scrollable.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 am

We have been able to replicate this on the Samsung phones. In fact, two programmers have Samsungs and have been able to scroll from the Que. We've also been able to do this on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Make sure you have all of the latest updates on your phone.

Can anyone else verify that they are able to scroll from the Que on a Samsung? It's set up to work.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:31 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:We have been able to replicate this on the Samsung phones. In fact, two programmers have Samsungs and have been able to scroll from the Que. We've also been able to do this on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Make sure you have all of the latest updates on your phone.

Can anyone else verify that they are able to scroll from the Que on a Samsung? It's set up to work.
Haven't been able to do it on my samsung(samsung 7)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Haven't been able to do it on my samsung(samsung 7)
We'll try to replicate on that device.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 am

Just thinking how long it has been since the NFBC had daily fixes to ANY product.
This is AWESOME.
It's certainly a lost lead to all the fixes.
A salute to Sportshub and the new IT team.
Terrific Stuff.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm

I have an s8 and I do not have the ability to scroll the queue up and down. I can drag a player up and down but can not roll the entire queue . I can move the players ,roster, history and chat just not my queue. thank you

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Rog wrote:I have an s8 and I do not have the ability to scroll the queue up and down. I can drag a player up and down but can not roll the entire queue . I can move the players ,roster, history and chat just not my queue. thank you
I have sent this on to IT and we'll test these devices out.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm

First Names and Last Names are on the site now. No longer will you see the username. Also the default team name is 'Team {Last Name}' like the old site. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

I will create a separate thread for this, but it's apparent few people are finding the way to change their team names. Now with the new setup on My Teams, let's get the old team names back in your League Home.

To change a team name:

1. Go to My Teams
2. Click on the team name you want to change (this will take you to your team page)
3. Click the Edit button next to your team name (the edit button looks like a pencil writing on a piece of paper)

And you are done. Team Ambrosius gets replaced by Iola Invaders. Easy as that. Thanks all and let's get all unique names. No more Team Smith!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm

On iMac I'm unable to change the horizontal size (width) of the individual windows
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Rog wrote:I have an s8 and I do not have the ability to scroll the queue up and down. I can drag a player up and down but can not roll the entire queue . I can move the players ,roster, history and chat just not my queue. thank you
Likewise, I have a Galaxy S8+ and you cannot scroll the queue.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Okay, I think we have this resolved now. Please try it out and let us know if it works now.

From IT: On Android, the scrolling does not behave like the other tabs, but allows you to scroll on the right hand side of the queue. This limitation exists due to the drag and drop feature on this tab.

Let us know. Thanks for the input all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

meanguy

Post by meanguy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 pm

I've had an impossible time drafting from an LG android. Freezes constantly, having to refresh 10, 20, 30 times until it lets me make a pick. Can't scroll QUE. Can only see top 2 guys in QUE (but CAN rearrange those 2 guys as many times as I want, which is very helpful). Every time I change tabs from 'players' to any other tab- que, roster,history, chat- it freezes. I have very little access to a computer for the majority of the day and it's made it quite the chore. I've had to carry around a note pad wherever I go with my qued players written out b/c I cant scroll. It's a very sad life really. Seriously though, I hope some of this can be fixed to make it functional, I would like to join more of these but it's too hard like this. 1 RD auto would help as well. Tom has tried to help, which I appreciate, but I'm still having major issues. I can't be the only one.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 am

meanguy wrote:I've had an impossible time drafting from an LG android. Freezes constantly, having to refresh 10, 20, 30 times until it lets me make a pick. Can't scroll QUE. Can only see top 2 guys in QUE (but CAN rearrange those 2 guys as many times as I want, which is very helpful). Every time I change tabs from 'players' to any other tab- que, roster,history, chat- it freezes. I have very little access to a computer for the majority of the day and it's made it quite the chore. I've had to carry around a note pad wherever I go with my qued players written out b/c I cant scroll. It's a very sad life really. Seriously though, I hope some of this can be fixed to make it functional, I would like to join more of these but it's too hard like this. 1 RD auto would help as well. Tom has tried to help, which I appreciate, but I'm still having major issues. I can't be the only one.
Contact me at [email protected] or at 715-254-5553. We'll get you set up. This does not sound normal.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius