Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Welcome To Our New NFBC Online Draft Room

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 am

I will talk with John who posted above about this Android issues, but even he said that the Que seems to be fixed. Can I assume that the Que on Android now works for others as well? I hate to assume anything, but just let me know. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:45 pm

The 'YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED' at the bottom of draft room screens is both annoying and confusing.
I will refresh my screen and sometimes it stays, sometimes it goes away.
In either case, it remains annoying.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm

'YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED' has been there all day today.

Edit: Also had notes that some drafters couldn't pick or chat while on.

It is off for now....

And now back...yeah, frustrating.
On my tombstone-

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:10 pm

It should be working now. If not let us know.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

It is not for me and I asked a fellow in another draft too.
'YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED' still there...
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Gone again....
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:17 pm

And back...ugh
Is somebody toying with us? :evil:
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:32 pm

And I'm the one that catches hell when shit like this happens and I say something about it. :roll: Hopefully there will no further issues.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Greg, its been almost a month now.
When do we get auto1 and possibly auto2,3,4.5?
On my tombstone-

coachmo

Post by coachmo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Not sure why but having trouble getting back into the draft room on my I phone today

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg, its been almost a month now.
When do we get auto1 and possibly auto2,3,4.5?
I understand Dan, but we put a few other items ahead of this on the priority list. I don't have an exact timeline for Auto 1 yet. We know how important everyone feels an improved FAAB is and IT was already knee deep in that earlier this month. Tom and Darik tested it out yesterday and were amazed at the progress there. We'll discuss that on the boards shortly. I know we don't need FAAB until late March, but showing it to you early is very important to giving everyone confidence that they can play here again and play in even more contests as this is THE biggest time-saver we can offer everyone.

The NFFC also just deposited over $1 million in prizes today in Player Accounts and today we also integrated the Fanball eWallet system with CDM, Fanball, LeagueSafe and all of our other contests. That was a huge hurdle to clear as one wallet now works for every contest in our family. We are making huge progress on a lot of items and Auto 1 will be tackled soon. A big addition to the drafting family will be announced soon too, and you'll see how that will affect how we handle Auto 1, 2 and more in the very near future. This deal needed to get done first and I believe it's being signed today.

Hope that helps even though it's not the answer everyone wanted. But trust me, more good news is coming.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 am

Just tried scrolling the queue on my Samsung Galaxy S8+, and it seems to work, but it's a little tricky having to use that sliding gray bar to the right of the screen rather than being able to scroll the list the same way you can as the players list. But at least there seems to be the ability to do so now. I will play around with it some more once the draft gets going later today, and I load up my queue with more than 10-12 players or so to see how it functions. So kudos to IT. Here ya go, boys!

No! No! Down boys, down! Not the girl! The bananas! The bananas! I swear, you'd think they never saw a cute blonde up close before. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Potter

Post by Potter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:32 pm

If anyone had not figured out that your "contributions" to this forum are nothing more than some kind of masturbatory self promotion, this should clear that up. Post as loud as you can, with what have to be tiny little fingers, for the countless atrocities Greg has bestowed on your frail, bird-like, shoulders. And when something gets fixed, you ejaculate more unfunny, demeaning nonsense. Goading the IT department after they fixed something you specifically brought up needed doing gives the rest of the community an opportunity to gain clarity regarding you and your agenda.

Maybe take this opportunity, before you hit the "bold" and submit buttons, to ponder what it is you are really after with this annual annoyance. You may have had a few fish on at some point. But c'mon, even you should have a sense nobody is buying it anymore. Or maybe I, like Greg, am giving you too much credit.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Potter wrote:If anyone had not figured out that your "contributions" to this forum are nothing more than some kind of masturbatory self promotion, this should clear that up. Post as loud as you can, with what have to be tiny little fingers, for the countless atrocities Greg has bestowed on your frail, bird-like, shoulders. And when something gets fixed, you ejaculate more unfunny, demeaning nonsense. Goading the IT department after they fixed something you specifically brought up needed doing gives the rest of the community an opportunity to gain clarity regarding you and your agenda.

Maybe take this opportunity, before you hit the "bold" and submit buttons, to ponder what it is you are really after with this annual annoyance. You may have had a few fish on at some point. But c'mon, even you should have a sense nobody is buying it anymore. Or maybe I, like Greg, am giving you too much credit.
I have known Greg for 14 years. Great guy. Certainly can take care of himself. And knows how to take of his customers.

Mike is a great guy. One of the best actually and someone I am proud, like Greg, to call my friend. And Mike can certainly take care of himself as well. Mike is a paying customer who has issues with service and as a customer has the right to make his issues known.

In short, if you have a personal issue with Mike or how he presents his complaints, pm him. Don't let this get ugly.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:21 pm

i thought all the monkey posts were concerning MTM's fantasy resume :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Potter wrote:If anyone had not figured out that your "contributions" to this forum are nothing more than some kind of masturbatory self promotion, this should clear that up. Post as loud as you can, with what have to be tiny little fingers, for the countless atrocities Greg has bestowed on your frail, bird-like, shoulders. And when something gets fixed, you ejaculate more unfunny, demeaning nonsense. Goading the IT department after they fixed something you specifically brought up needed doing gives the rest of the community an opportunity to gain clarity regarding you and your agenda.

I have known Greg for 14 years. Great guy. Certainly can take care of himself. And knows how to take of his customers.

Mike is a great guy. One of the best actually and someone I am proud, like Greg, to call my friend. And Mike can certainly take care of himself as well. Mike is a paying customer who has issues with service and as a customer has the right to make his issues known.

In short, if you have a personal issue with Mike or how he presents his complaints, pm him. Don't let this get ugly.

Thanks for coming up with the perfect response, Wayne, to save me the trouble. Well said, and dead on the money (especially all the nice stuff about me :mrgreen: ) Greg and I have spoken, and we are big boys and can take care of ourselves. And like Wayne said, if you have something personal to say to me, feel free to PM me, or better yet, let's chat in person in NY or Vegas, Potter, and you can man up to me there. Hope to meet you soon.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:01 am

Gekko wrote:i thought all the monkey posts were concerning MTM's fantasy resume :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Gekko, your posts seem to be losing their rapier-like wit more and more each year. I mean, that one stuck me with all the sting of a butter knife. And no more last minute cupcake leagues in NY for you this year. Those days are over. :P :shock: About time you got on the alternates list for the MTM Ultimate and jumped in with the big boys should an opening become available. :twisted:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 am

Mike has made this request a couple of times and I'll respond to it on this thread. The request is to have separate Starting Pitcher and Relief Pitcher stickers on the draft board.

The response now is the same as it was with STATS: We do not require any type of pitcher in our game, just 9 Pitchers. Thus Pitcher is tied into Set Lineup, Roster, Draft Board and all aspects of our game. There is one sticker for all pitchers because that is the required position for our contest and that position is tied into every aspect of the game, not just the draft board. If you go to a different commissioner product, they may have that broken down into two different positions because of various contest rules, but we do not have ANY contest that requires a certain number of Relief Pitchers and thus the color is tied into the required position, which is an all encompassing Pitcher.

I'm sure there's a "yeah, but ..." rebuttal, but that's the reason for one yellow sticker for all Pitchers. Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am

I believe that auto1 has to be a higher priority. There have been many times in drafts in which drafters could/would not go on auto for fear of missing too many picks.
We were promised a better draft room.
How can it be better when one of the most integral parts of the room has been taken away?

I'm a computer person, so drafting has been relatively easy for me.
For Mikey's faster version of the draft, I was forced to use my phone to draft for some picks.
Admittedly, I don't even amount to a novice when it comes to doing most anything by phone.
I was lost and felt sorry for the folks that do. The phone version of drafting, much more difficult.

This post isn't meant to be harsh or highly critical. The draft room is functional and if in front of a computer, rather easy to navigate.
There are still problems for drafters, even on a computer, to be aware of...
Sometimes the drafters teams listed at the top of the page will disappear...
Knowing who is on the clock is sometimes very difficult or impossible.
For some reason, wrong positions will appear making us apprehensive in pushing the 'DRAFT' button.
For instance, the description of the player will be 'YU DARVISH, SS, LAD
Several drafters needed to constantly refresh, which had me wondering if it has the capabilities of a one minute per pick draft without refreshing.
If having to refresh during a one minute draft, there will be trouble in River City.

I appreciate that players can be added more readily to the draft room.
I love that the hours of DC drafts can be manipulated to the customers wishes. And drafts having a 4 hour maximum, instead of 8 hours is a wonderful change.
And, that we are at ease with the chat in the new draft room.
Those are all wonderful and appreciated.

There are problems though and they need to be addressed.
Are these and other problems being addressed?
On my tombstone-

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 am

My prep is going slower than expected, so I won’t be in a position to consider drafting until sometime in January/February. I haven’t seen the new draft room; however Having participated in countless drafts from previous seasons, I can also reiterate that AUTO 1 is essential to proving a good draft experience.

Basic stuff like having position eligibility show up correctly has to be in place from day 1.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Gekko wrote:Basic stuff like having position eligibility show up correctly has to be in place from day 1.
We have a meeting this afternoon and I will ask for a timeline on 1 Round Auto.

Position eligibility is correct on every player in the system. We had a bug this weekend that displayed the position incorrectly in the Player Select box. In fact, it's still doing that, but we are fixing now. It would show the position of the player at the top of the Que for anyone who you selected to pick. So if Corey Seager was at the top of the player default list and you selected Yu Darvish, it showed Yu Darvish, SS. It was correct in the draft history, on the draft board, within each position sort and everywhere else, but it was and is displaying incorrectly in the one area you needed to draft him. We apologize and will get that fixed ASAP.

But position eligibility is correct within our game for rookies and veterans. Now let's get them displayed correctly.

Drafting on a phone is NEVER going to be as easy as drafting on a desktop computer. But we'll continue to try and make it better.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm

One more very small thing...
Can smaller lettering be used on the names for the draft board?
Seeing 'Andrelton SIMMO' or 'Rhys HOSKI' is not a good look.
To that end, AJ POLLO is one of my favs!
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:One more very small thing...
Can smaller lettering be used on the names for the draft board?
Seeing 'Andrelton SIMMO' or 'Rhys HOSKI' is not a good look.
To that end, AJ POLLO is one of my favs!
All players fit on one sticker without what you are showing there Dan. Is your monitor at 100 percent?

Player boxes do not expand and contract like someone else said. They are stagnant on the Draft Board.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 pm

This is not meant to foment disturbance and is almost certainly a non-starter, but as it was discussed in one of the latest draft chats, let me bring it up: Is there any chance that SportsHub Technologies would consider some sort of agreement with Rotowire to utilize their draft software. I'm thinking that there is already some level of partnership or cooperation between the two companies? I used Rotowire draft software on an iPad in a draft earlier this year and it was superb, light years ahead of NFBC.

This is my last post on the subject but to reiterate previous posts: the game itself is fantastic; Greg and Tom set the standard for support; competitors are top-notch in terms of competitiveness, fairness and character; the draft room, website and IT support is sub-standard.

I will continue to play NFBC as it's easily the best offering and certainly the most fun, online and live..... just a shame that the front door isn't a little more appealing and functional.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 am

fwicker wrote:This is not meant to foment disturbance and is almost certainly a non-starter, but as it was discussed in one of the latest draft chats, let me bring it up: Is there any chance that SportsHub Technologies would consider some sort of agreement with Rotowire to utilize their draft software. I'm thinking that there is already some level of partnership or cooperation between the two companies? I used Rotowire draft software on an iPad in a draft earlier this year and it was superb, light years ahead of NFBC.

This is my last post on the subject but to reiterate previous posts: the game itself is fantastic; Greg and Tom set the standard for support; competitors are top-notch in terms of competitiveness, fairness and character; the draft room, website and IT support is sub-standard.

I will continue to play NFBC as it's easily the best offering and certainly the most fun, online and live..... just a shame that the front door isn't a little more appealing and functional.
Gregg, Rotowire has a draft app that helps you during drafts. It's definitely one of the best in the industry. They do not have a draft room.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius