FAAB Starting Date

DOUGHBOYS

FAAB Starting Date

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am

Greg, does FAAB start April 2 or April 9 ?

I know the answer is somewhere on the Boards or rules, but thought that putting it here, everybody would know.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

LTDave

Re: FAAB Starting Date

Post by LTDave » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 am

great question, Dough... I think it's April 2nd but I'd like to know for sure as well...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg, does FAAB start April 2 or April 9 ?

I know the answer is somewhere on the Boards or rules, but thought that putting it here, everybody would know.
From the Rules for each contest:

Bidding Time Frame: The NFBC bidding process will start the week before Opening Day and run for the first time on Sunday, April 2. FAAB will run every week from Week 1 through Week 26 (there is no new FAAB period if there are one or more regular-season MLB tie-breaker games). Bids will be accepted on the league website from Monday at 3 PM ET until Sunday at 10 PM ET in each of these weeks. Rosters will be updated shortly after 10 PM ET on Sunday with the results of all successful bids.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg, does FAAB start April 2 or April 9 ?

From the Rules for each contest:

Bidding Time Frame: The NFBC bidding process will start the week before Opening Day and run for the first time on Sunday, April 2. FAAB will run every week from Week 1 through Week 26 (there is no new FAAB period if there are one or more regular-season MLB tie-breaker games). Bids will be accepted on the league website from Monday at 3 PM ET until Sunday at 10 PM ET in each of these weeks. Rosters will be updated shortly after 10 PM ET on Sunday with the results of all successful bids.
Greg, this would also be a good place to update us again on how we have a "free" line-up set after Sunday's game results as Tom had announced in NY this past weekend. Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Just one more reminder that the first FAAB of the season is this Sunday, April 2nd. You can use players that you pick up on Sunday night in your Week 1 lineups, even if they first played on Sunday. Sunday is a free day for everyone to watch the results before setting their starting lineups.

Since we are still running drafts the % Owned category has no results for every player. I'll see if there's a way to change that since it is sortable, but without data. I know a lot of you use that category to search for Free Agents. I'll see if STATS can do that for this week or not.

Okay, good luck all and may all your teams stay healthy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Bump