Lets Go Mets!!!

Glenneration X

Lets Go Mets!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:13 pm

For those who wondered if they'd even make it to the playoffs again to defend their NL title and get another try at their 3rd World Series Championship..... the answer is a resounding YES!!! Lets Go Mets! Love this team.

mbendar16

Re: Lets Go Mets!!!

Post by mbendar16 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:53 pm

You beat me to the punch, my friend. Here's hoping this thread goes as long as last year's. LET'S GO METS!

marknym

Post by marknym » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Ya Gotta Believe!

Long odds to win it all, but they're in. Who knows--low expectations, less pressure, some bats peaking at the right time... crazier things have happened, that's for sure. LGM!
Mark Evans

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:16 pm

I honestly thought they were dead and buried when they fell two games under .500 and six off the pace in the WC. But, like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill 2, they punched their way out of the coffin, tunneled through the dirt, and came out alive on the other side. It's great to get at least one playoff game, especially with Thor at home. LGM!
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:57 am

All those injuries....three games under .500 for May, June, July, and August...seventeen game advantage over Cincinnati, Miami, and Philly....four games under .500 for the rest. Yes, yes, I can see there is hope for my Braves next year after all! :lol:

Seriously, way to hang in there with all the injuries. Anything can happen in a short series...good luck to all my Mutt...er..Met friends! 8-) :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Will be pulling for them this year without KC in the picture. Tremendous amount of heart shown by this undermanned bunch.

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 am

I want to give props to Terry Collins. He is not the best manager in the game we know that. BUT he gets way too much crap from the media when things are not going well. On the other hand, I don't think Terry gets enough credit for his fantastic job with this ballclub so here it is from me: great work Terry Collins! Let's go Mets!
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:35 am

i'll root for the muts because living in the bay area, sf baseball giants fans are generally an insufferable lot.

then it's go Cubs!

marknym

Post by marknym » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:I want to give props to Terry Collins. He is not the best manager in the game we know that. BUT he gets way too much crap from the media when things are not going well. On the other hand, I don't think Terry gets enough credit for his fantastic job with this ballclub so here it is from me: great work Terry Collins! Let's go Mets!
His in-game decisions are still less than good on many occasions. But one thing he was good at from day 1 with the Mets was squeezing out results from a lackluster roster. He seems to be good at managing people, which is one of those hard to quantify things that statheads, myself included, tend to dismiss as noise. There seems to be something to it with Collins.
I will second your props to Collins, while admitting I might be first to call for his head if he badly mismanages an important game in the playoffs. LGM!
Mark Evans

marknym

Post by marknym » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:57 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:I honestly thought they were dead and buried when they fell two games under .500 and six off the pace in the WC. But, like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill 2, they punched their way out of the coffin, tunneled through the dirt, and came out alive on the other side. It's great to get at least one playoff game, especially with Thor at home. LGM!
Me too... I'm never the fan who says it's over, but I said that very thing to my wife in late August when the season looked lost and the injuries seemed insurmountable. So glad they proved me wrong.
Mark Evans

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:02 am

mets just revealed noah has been pitching with a completely torn ucl and a broken thumb. Collins is unsure if he will start but mets doctors feel he should be fine.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Unreal game. Mets deserved a better fate, but almost impossible to win when Bumgarner is dealing.
Last edited by King of Queens on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:27 am

Condolences to Mets fans. What can you do? Thor pitched great; they just had one big hit.

It's often too easy and common for superlatives to be thrown around, especially in sports, but Madison Bumgarner may be the best big-game pitcher not only of this era, but any era. Certainly the best I've ever seen.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:33 am

What the hell is it about the Giants and even number years? Unreal indeed.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Rainiers

Post by Rainiers » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:
but Madison Bumgarner may be the best big-game pitcher not only of this era, but any era. Certainly the best I've ever seen.

Mike
An argument can certainly be made for Bob Gibson, but since his era, was a dead ball era I give the nod to Bumgardner.

What's astonishing to me as how two pitchers who both have had a good deal of success during the regular season in the same era can perform so differently in the post season. I'm talking about Madison Bumgardner and David Price. Polar opposites.

I can imagine that Mets fans everywhere would have rather have faced the later rather than the former...
- Robert