Sunday April 3 / Week 1

CALI CARTEL

Sunday April 3 / Week 1

Post by CALI CARTEL » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:10 am

The rules on the site still say Sunday 4/3 is Week 1 (with one MLB game), and changes can be made for Week 2 that starts on Monday 4/4. There is also FAAB on 4/3.

Just wanted to confirm that "Week 1" is 8-day incorporating that Sunday 4/3 into the week and the posted rules are incorrect?

Also, is there FAAB for sure even though it's technically "mid-week", I'm sure there is since lineups do not need to be set until Monday/Tuesday, but just wanted to confirm.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Sunday April 3 / Week 1

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:29 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:The rules on the site still say Sunday 4/3 is Week 1 (with one MLB game), and changes can be made for Week 2 that starts on Monday 4/4. There is also FAAB on 4/3.

Just wanted to confirm that "Week 1" is 8-day incorporating that Sunday 4/3 into the week and the posted rules are incorrect?

Also, is there FAAB for sure even though it's technically "mid-week", I'm sure there is since lineups do not need to be set until Monday/Tuesday, but just wanted to confirm.
We have to change that text now that we've finalized this. Week 1 is definitely April 3-10 and we definitely have FAAB on Sunday, April 3rd for all leagues. Thanks for the heads up.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Greg - do you know when the placeholders will be fixed on the DC teams?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:35 pm

mdecav wrote:Greg - do you know when the placeholders will be fixed on the DC teams?
If you have some missing just email me and Tom. All should be added now.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:25 am

so that means anyone picked up in faab can not be used until the week of the 11th

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:44 am

blazer68 wrote:so that means anyone picked up in faab can not be used until the week of the 11th
No, nobody's lineups will lock players (even for today's games) until their monday or tuesday start, so players you have on your roster when that lock happens will be the ones that count toward week one.

But if you drop a player in FAAB that played Sunday Apr 3, you will not get that player's stats because he wasn't on your team at the roster lock time.

Does that help?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

thepats

Post by thepats » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:44 am

I have Lucas Duda. The Mets play today, then have only one more game through Thursday. Does this mean that, if he goes 0-for-4 today and I replace him tomorrow, his 0-for-4 will not count on my stats?

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 am

thepats wrote:I have Lucas Duda. The Mets play today, then have only one more game through Thursday. Does this mean that, if he goes 0-for-4 today and I replace him tomorrow, his 0-for-4 will not count on my stats?
That's my understanding. Similarly, Dave Freese hits three home runs today, you pick him up in FAAB tonight and insert him into your lineup, and you get his stats from today. Basically, today is a free day for everyone. You can either keep or bench stats from today.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:21 am

thepats wrote:I have Lucas Duda. The Mets play today, then have only one more game through Thursday. Does this mean that, if he goes 0-for-4 today and I replace him tomorrow, his 0-for-4 will not count on my stats?
Correct. Your lineups are Sunday-Sunday this week, 8 days (if you don't take a hitter out on Friday). Any player you lock in today includes their stats from Sunday and continues through the rest of this week. Good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius