2015 NFBC Cutline Scoring Totals

CALI CARTEL

Re: 2015 NFBC Cutline Scoring Totals

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Kinda disappointed with this decision to go with a FanDuel-like scoring system. I was looking forward to playing in this league next season with KJ's scoring system, but now I will likely pass.

CA Dreamin

Post by CA Dreamin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Looking forward to trying a cutline. When does the drafting start??

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:00 am

CA Dreamin wrote:Looking forward to trying a cutline. When does the drafting start??
This is the last contest we need to add to the site. I should have more info today and hopefully we can get drafting soon. Look for more details soon and thanks for the patience.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 pm

I have some questions about roster formation, Greg. My understanding is we will draft 30 players and then add five additional players to the roster each FA period, increasing the rosters to 35 before week one; 40 before week five; 45 before week nine and finally 50 players before week 12.

I'm assuming you can also dump injured/underperforming players at these intervals as well. This means for each FA period, there will be a minimum of 75 players (5 players X 15 teams) added. If you can dump players, this number could double.

It would seem like managing your $1000 FAAB budget could be the key to victory. My instinct tells me a lot of people will spend big before week one. Theoretically, the longer you own a free agent, the more value you extract from him. But given that the final FA period will occur with more than half the season remaining, that maxim carries less weight in this format. Then again, saving up cash for July so you can bid strong on the guys who are left in the pool after 700 players are gone seems like a huge waste of resources. Basically, it will only be worth it if a new closer is minted between then and the prior FA period in week nine. I think it will be interesting to see the different strategies the various creative roto minds assembled here will concoct for this element of the contest.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Yah Mule wrote:I have some questions about roster formation, Greg. My understanding is we will draft 30 players and then add five additional players to the roster each FA period, increasing the rosters to 35 before week one; 40 before week five; 45 before week nine and finally 50 players before week 12.

I'm assuming you can also dump injured/underperforming players at these intervals as well. This means for each FA period, there will be a minimum of 75 players (5 players X 15 teams) added. If you can dump players, this number could double.

It would seem like managing your $1000 FAAB budget could be the key to victory. My instinct tells me a lot of people will spend big before week one. Theoretically, the longer you own a free agent, the more value you extract from him. But given that the final FA period will occur with more than half the season remaining, that maxim carries less weight in this format. Then again, saving up cash for July so you can bid strong on the guys who are left in the pool after 700 players are gone seems like a huge waste of resources. Basically, it will only be worth it if a new closer is minted between then and the prior FA period in week nine. I think it will be interesting to see the different strategies the various creative roto minds assembled here will concoct for this element of the contest.
You are correct on all Jim, except that final rosters will be 45 players. That last FAAB we keep rosters at 45.

Managing FAAB will be real interesting in this format. Remember, these are 10-team leagues so you're now bidding against just 9 other owners for these free agents. You are going to be adding 15 players at a minimum and likely double or triple that with your other moves, so you need to make $1,000 go for 40-50+ pickups. Should be interesting.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:I have some questions about roster formation, Greg. My understanding is we will draft 30 players and then add five additional players to the roster each FA period, increasing the rosters to 35 before week one; 40 before week five; 45 before week nine and finally 50 players before week 12.

You are correct on all Jim, except that final rosters will be 45 players. That last FAAB we keep rosters at 45.

Managing FAAB will be real interesting in this format. Remember, these are 10-team leagues so you're now bidding against just 9 other owners for these free agents. You are going to be adding 15 players at a minimum and likely double or triple that with your other moves, so you need to make $1,000 go for 40-50+ pickups. Should be interesting.
Ah, 10-team leagues. I skipped right over that little detail somehow. :mrgreen:

I was weaned on 10-teamers so this will be nostalgic. :lol:

My big complaint with 10 team leagues with weekly free agency was that the amount of usable talent made it hard to build a comfortable lead since the guy behind you could improve so quickly. The limited free agency in this format should neutralize that issue to a large degree. Way more strategy involved here.

I am one of those guys who is severely addicted to roto, but I'll delegate part of this year's budget (and the annual overrun) to this new game. I like a lot of what I see so far.

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:47 am

I'm looking forward to the start of this contest.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson