New FAAB Has % Owned, Pinned Free Agents

joshguy

Re: New FAAB Has % Owned, Pinned Free Agents

Post by joshguy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Whatever happened to just using the good old fashioned al gore Internet? So many computer steps need to be done for the FAAB to work. I much prefer the new style but after that last update...I put the stopwatch to it, the initial load takes 30 seconds. Then more load times when switching between players, stats, etc. too much time so I just switched to the old exclusively.
I already did google chrome, I guess I'll download Firefox for next week.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:17 pm

joshguy wrote:Whatever happened to just using the good old fashioned al gore Internet? So many computer steps need to be done for the FAAB to work. I much prefer the new style but after that last update...I put the stopwatch to it, the initial load takes 30 seconds. Then more load times when switching between players, stats, etc. too much time so I just switched to the old exclusively.
I already did google chrome, I guess I'll download Firefox for next week.

I'm finding the response times varies more widely depending on the device used rather than the browser.
Guess it shouldn't surprise me the newest (technologically) device loads the fastest. Could be the newer code relies heavily on the FPU rather than the CPU?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Coach2780

Post by Coach2780 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Need a NFBC Ipad App Greg Ambrosius and the ability to do our free agents on Iphone app?? :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:The amount of freezes, delays, etc. I just encountered trying to adjust bids and bid order for just one team has forced me to give up on the new FAAB for today. I'll be using the old FAAB for the rest of my teams this week. It takes less time to "edit" and "move up"/"move down" than to deal with all these freeze ups.

The only thing I can compare it to is the Huffington Post for anyone who's ever tried to read an article on that horrendous website. There's something in their coding or script, or maybe it's the amount of ads and/or links they include on every page, that causes the same type of delays, lags, freeze ups, etc. as our new FAAB does since the latest adds and corrections were done a little over a week ago.

Please let me know if this issue is ever resolved. If so, I'll try again then.
Google Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers for the new FAAB system. Are you having these problems on Internet Explorer Glenn? We are continuing to look at IE and your problems, but for this week please try Google Chrome and Firefox. There should be no issues on those browsers.
Greg, I appreciate the response here and privately earlier in the week. I know you guys are trying to get this FAAB perfect and I apologize for airing my frustrations in a public forum.

However, I do have my share of FAAB teams with the NFBC and the freeze ups are making the process a tremendous burden. I have faith that you guys will find and correct whatever is causing them. I just hope it's sooner than later. I know it's a lot more than just flipping a switch, but we're a month into the season already. I was promised and was expecting it to be dead on long before now.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Firefox has been extreme lag for me as well. I get the freezes when scrolling that Glenn referred to earlier. The only browser that gives me any hope is Google Chrome.

I was given the same promise as Glenn that this would be ready for the season and be the best available. It's clearly not. This promise is what made us to decide to add multiple teams on top of our previous plan. Needless to say we are very disappointed in the product right now and are seriously regretting our decision at this time. As I'm sure is the case for many, Sundays are typically a family or travel day for my partner and I. These issues have cut into that considerably, which has caused much unneeded stress. The FAAB has made this fantasy season a miserable experience to this point. I sadly have to say that we are losing trust.

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:45 pm

i have had zero problems for as many weeks as the new FAAB has been rolled out. In fact it has been seamless and easy to use. And I mean absolutely zero problems. Im really shocked to read about all of these problems. In fact I have been using my IPAD now to do pretty much all of my FAAB, sometimes desktop computer. I use safari on IPAD and Google Chrome on desktop. I hate to say it, but I dont think its the new FAAB. It sounds like either browser or connectivity issues by the user. I am hardly a techie, but if you are not using Chrome you are living in the dark ages.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Been scratching my head thinking the same thing COZ, I have had zero problems as well. I hate to read that others are having problems and hope everyone gets squared away, as I am enjoying the new FAAB, it has made my weekends that much easier...hope everyone can get to the same point...

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 pm

edelman24 wrote:Been scratching my head thinking the same thing COZ, I have had zero problems as well. I hate to read that others are having problems and hope everyone gets squared away, as I am enjoying the new FAAB, it has made my weekends that much easier...hope everyone can get to the same point...

+1 Same here

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Can you guys who aren't having issues let me know if you're using IE or some other browser?
Are you using a wireless or hard connection? Thanks.

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Can you guys who aren't having issues let me know if you're using IE or some other browser?
Are you using a wireless or hard connection? Thanks.
Glenn, try Google Chrome. IE Explorer I suspect is a lot of your problems. When I first started with the NFBC I used to use IE and had nothing but problems and it was suggested to use Google Chrome and I did and I am thankful I never have to use IE again. It is nothing but problems. A man of your stature and caliber should be using Google Chrome. Type in Google Chrome in your browser. Download it. Start using, it takes all of a minute.

I have a wireless router for a DSL. I use my IPAD and old Dell Desktop connected wirelessly. I do not use IE.

COZ
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:10 am

Works perfectly on google chrome.

Unfortunately my away from home option is a microsoft surface 2 and it is completely unusable.

Players really shouldn't be dictated what browser/device they can use.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:19 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:The amount of freezes, delays, etc. I just encountered trying to adjust bids and bid order for just one team has forced me to give up on the new FAAB for today. I'll be using the old FAAB for the rest of my teams this week. It takes less time to "edit" and "move up"/"move down" than to deal with all these freeze ups.

The only thing I can compare it to is the Huffington Post for anyone who's ever tried to read an article on that horrendous website. There's something in their coding or script, or maybe it's the amount of ads and/or links they include on every page, that causes the same type of delays, lags, freeze ups, etc. as our new FAAB does since the latest adds and corrections were done a little over a week ago.

Please let me know if this issue is ever resolved. If so, I'll try again then.
Google Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers for the new FAAB system. Are you having these problems on Internet Explorer Glenn? We are continuing to look at IE and your problems, but for this week please try Google Chrome and Firefox. There should be no issues on those browsers.
Greg, I appreciate the response here and privately earlier in the week. I know you guys are trying to get this FAAB perfect and I apologize for airing my frustrations in a public forum.

However, I do have my share of FAAB teams with the NFBC and the freeze ups are making the process a tremendous burden. I have faith that you guys will find and correct whatever is causing them. I just hope it's sooner than later. I know it's a lot more than just flipping a switch, but we're a month into the season already. I was promised and was expecting it to be dead on long before now.
Glenn, it's okay to air your frustrations in public because obviously the new FAAB system isn't working on your computer, but more importantly let's figure out how to fix your problems. I've sent you an email now and if needed we'll get you on the phone with IT to look at everything. Let's get this done for you or anyone else who has problems.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 am

Just a heads up that we have made improvements to the new FAAB system this week to improve the loading time. We also made tweaks to help Internet Explorer users, but if you want the best results from the new FAAB setup we still recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox. You will DEFINITELY see a difference there and should have absolutely no issues.

The new FAAB works on all browsers, but it is not supported on IE 7 or 8. We would need to program the entire setup separately for those older browser versions, so if you are having problems on IE 7 or 8 it will not get better going forward. Upgrading your browser is the best answer for those users.

FAAB results will now be processed at 10:10 pm ET each Sunday as we moved up the time slightly. It takes only a couple of seconds to run FAAB for each league, but we have hundreds of leagues and so you might see some final FAAB results on your team pages before others have been finished. But all should be done now before 10:30 pm ET. Hopefully this slight change also helps everyone going forward.

We still have plans to add the gray shading to the background of the new FAAB setup and to show the headers on the stat categories in the Free Agent list once you scroll down. Those improvements are coming next, along with the Bid On Player button on individual player pages. We're getting there.

We look forward to your feedback this week on the new FAAB setup. I received several emails last week from happy campers who are now getting used to this setup and saving time on FAAB. Thanks for those emails and again if anyone needs personal attention let me know and we'll do everything we can to help you out. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu May 01, 2014 10:36 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: The new FAAB works on all browsers, but it is not supported on IE 7 or 8. We would need to program the entire setup separately for those older browser versions, so if you are having problems on IE 7 or 8 it will not get better going forward. Upgrading your browser is the best answer for those users.
Why would anyone still be using IE7 or 8 when they can upgrade to IE11 for free?

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Thu May 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: The new FAAB works on all browsers, but it is not supported on IE 7 or 8. We would need to program the entire setup separately for those older browser versions, so if you are having problems on IE 7 or 8 it will not get better going forward. Upgrading your browser is the best answer for those users.
Why would anyone still be using IE7 or 8 when they can upgrade to IE11 for free?

Believe it or not a lot of people still use Windows XP and you cannot upgrade Interent explorer past IE8. IE9 and above will not run on XP. Best bet for XP computers is Google Chrome. If people are using Vista, Win7 or Win8 you can go to IE11. It was alll over the national news this week, advisng people not to use IE11 becuase of all the security issues. I posted last week for folks to not use IE11, its just a bad browser and does not work well with Flash and Java.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu May 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Anyone running XP is F'd, not as it relates to FAAB, but in general terms

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Outlaw wrote: Believe it or not a lot of people still use Windows XP and you cannot upgrade Interent explorer past IE8. IE9 and above will not run on XP. Best bet for XP computers is Google Chrome. If people are using Vista, Win7 or Win8 you can go to IE11. It was alll over the national news this week, advisng people not to use IE11 becuase of all the security issues. I posted last week for folks to not use IE11, its just a bad browser and does not work well with Flash and Java.
Sales of Windows XP licenses to OEMs ceased on June 30, 2008, but continued for netbooks until October 2010. Extended support for Windows XP ended on April 8, 2014 meaning that the operating system is now end-of-life, and new security updates or support information will no longer be provided for free. Due to the still-widespread choice of XP (primarily attributed to the poor reception of Vista), Microsoft and others began to actively encourage remaining users to migrate to newer versions (such as 7 or 8) due to the potential security risks of continued use. The looming end of support was a cause for concern among companies and governments due to the large contingents of XP users in several market segments, including enterprise environments, and in China—where there were fears that the end of support would fuel piracy of newer Windows versions.

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just a heads up that we have made improvements to the new FAAB system this week to improve the loading time. We also made tweaks to help Internet Explorer users, but if you want the best results from the new FAAB setup we still recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox. You will DEFINITELY see a difference there and should have absolutely no issues.

The new FAAB works on all browsers, but it is not supported on IE 7 or 8. We would need to program the entire setup separately for those older browser versions, so if you are having problems on IE 7 or 8 it will not get better going forward. Upgrading your browser is the best answer for those users.

FAAB results will now be processed at 10:10 pm ET each Sunday as we moved up the time slightly. It takes only a couple of seconds to run FAAB for each league, but we have hundreds of leagues and so you might see some final FAAB results on your team pages before others have been finished. But all should be done now before 10:30 pm ET. Hopefully this slight change also helps everyone going forward.

We still have plans to add the gray shading to the background of the new FAAB setup and to show the headers on the stat categories in the Free Agent list once you scroll down. Those improvements are coming next, along with the Bid On Player button on individual player pages. We're getting there.

We look forward to your feedback this week on the new FAAB setup. I received several emails last week from happy campers who are now getting used to this setup and saving time on FAAB. Thanks for those emails and again if anyone needs personal attention let me know and we'll do everything we can to help you out. Good luck all.
YES! THANK YOU!! I use safari and it was unbearable the last couple of weeks. Just tested it out and it is the fastest its been for me since the new FAAB came out. this will be a huge time saver. So whatever you did, please keep it that way!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 01, 2014 8:25 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Outlaw wrote: Believe it or not a lot of people still use Windows XP and you cannot upgrade Interent explorer past IE8. IE9 and above will not run on XP. Best bet for XP computers is Google Chrome. If people are using Vista, Win7 or Win8 you can go to IE11. It was alll over the national news this week, advisng people not to use IE11 becuase of all the security issues. I posted last week for folks to not use IE11, its just a bad browser and does not work well with Flash and Java.
Sales of Windows XP licenses to OEMs ceased on June 30, 2008, but continued for netbooks until October 2010. Extended support for Windows XP ended on April 8, 2014 meaning that the operating system is now end-of-life, and new security updates or support information will no longer be provided for free. Due to the still-widespread choice of XP (primarily attributed to the poor reception of Vista), Microsoft and others began to actively encourage remaining users to migrate to newer versions (such as 7 or 8) due to the potential security risks of continued use. The looming end of support was a cause for concern among companies and governments due to the large contingents of XP users in several market segments, including enterprise environments, and in China—where there were fears that the end of support would fuel piracy of newer Windows versions.
You guys are all very smart and you explain this tech stuff better than I could. Good job. The right browser for new technology makes all the difference in the world.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 01, 2014 8:26 pm

joshguy wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just a heads up that we have made improvements to the new FAAB system this week to improve the loading time. We also made tweaks to help Internet Explorer users, but if you want the best results from the new FAAB setup we still recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox. You will DEFINITELY see a difference there and should have absolutely no issues.

YES! THANK YOU!! I use safari and it was unbearable the last couple of weeks. Just tested it out and it is the fastest its been for me since the new FAAB came out. this will be a huge time saver. So whatever you did, please keep it that way!
Good to hear Josh. Now we need to get Lowy fixed and we'll almost be there!!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri May 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Now we need to get Lowy fixed and we'll almost be there!!! :D
Did his wife agree to this?

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Fri May 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: FAAB results will now be processed at 10:10 pm ET each Sunday as we moved up the time slightly. It takes only a couple of seconds to run FAAB for each league, but we have hundreds of leagues and so you might see some final FAAB results on your team pages before others have been finished. But all should be done now before 10:30 pm ET. Hopefully this slight change also helps everyone going forward.
Now that you've moved up the processing time for FAAB, when will you do away with the 5 minute grace period prior to game start for lineups to lock? This has never made any sense to me. What good does the 5 minutes you are taking away from the player do for you? I know that it's only 5 minutes, but for those of us that are usually at work, on the way home, etc and have to do this via phone, it's 5 minutes that is worth a lot. To my knowledge your competitors do not have this. You always talk about wanting to be the best in all areas and moving in that direction with FAAB, software, etc. This also needs an update. Why does it even exist?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri May 02, 2014 5:23 pm

TParsons wrote:Now that you've moved up the processing time for FAAB, when will you do away with the 5 minute grace period prior to game start for lineups to lock? This has never made any sense to me. What good does the 5 minutes you are taking away from the player do for you? I know that it's only 5 minutes, but for those of us that are usually at work, on the way home, etc and have to do this via phone, it's 5 minutes that is worth a lot. To my knowledge your competitors do not have this. You always talk about wanting to be the best in all areas and moving in that direction with FAAB, software, etc. This also needs an update. Why does it even exist?
Agreed in full.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 am

Microsoft released a major fix for all its browsers IE6-11 yesterday to plug the security issues in the article below. It was severe enough that they also decided to release a Fix for Windows XP users, who they previously said would be out of luck for any support.

Also Adobe Flash continues to cause issues and they are updating their flash software for all browsers at least once a week now.

http://windowsitpro.com/security/homela ... y-resolved

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 am

TParsons wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: FAAB results will now be processed at 10:10 pm ET each Sunday as we moved up the time slightly. It takes only a couple of seconds to run FAAB for each league, but we have hundreds of leagues and so you might see some final FAAB results on your team pages before others have been finished. But all should be done now before 10:30 pm ET. Hopefully this slight change also helps everyone going forward.
Now that you've moved up the processing time for FAAB, when will you do away with the 5 minute grace period prior to game start for lineups to lock? This has never made any sense to me. What good does the 5 minutes you are taking away from the player do for you? I know that it's only 5 minutes, but for those of us that are usually at work, on the way home, etc and have to do this via phone, it's 5 minutes that is worth a lot. To my knowledge your competitors do not have this. You always talk about wanting to be the best in all areas and moving in that direction with FAAB, software, etc. This also needs an update. Why does it even exist?
Ty, it's a worthy request. Since we wrote the rules in 2004 we've had that starting lineups would lock 5 minutes before the scheduled start of a game. So if it's a 7 pm ET start time, lineups lock at 6:55 pm ET. I've never thought of that being an inconvenience for owners since we wrote the rules. I'll ask IT about this and maybe this is something we can change in the future. Again, it's a worthy request and one we never thought of. I'll definitely update with an answer soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius